FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 22, 2024, 12:15:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: something you dont see every day  (Read 3497 times)
Damo58

old holdens never die they just go faster  :)

View Profile
« on: April 05, 2008, 10:32:14 PM »

Hi all  Grin I know i will probably get shot for pointing this out but they are just fantastic Grin

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/New-old-stock-NOS-Nasco-FB-Holden-Hubcap-Embellishers_W0QQitemZ270226065023QQihZ017QQcategoryZ33744QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Cheers Damo58

Iam good just ask me Smiley
mikey

Werribee

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 11:02:33 PM »

I reckon that the only people that will get upset at you are the ones that think E bay is still a big secret.

A while ago an FC instrument cluster (dashboard) was on E bay and it had a Wilsonia guage in it, the seller did not realise it. Must not know what a Wilsonia is or is worth.

Someone linked it to this forum and I did see some negative comments from people on the forum indicating that they were upset that the wilsonia was highlighted. The thing is it was on a public website (Ebay and the guage also stuck out like dogs nuts to those in the know.

Honestly E bay would have to be the worlds worst kept secret and I don't see a problem linking stuff.

Will probably ruffle some feathers, oh well Embarrassed

Cheers  M

Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail us now!
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 11:16:44 PM »

Can't argue with you Mikey, there are enough people scanning ebay for "mis-described" treasures that telling a few people on the forum is hardly going to change history.
One of the main objectives of the forum is to help each other out anyway.

customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 11:41:58 PM »

Well, I don't see the need to post ebay links unless they are your own.
Not everyone on this forum, members and visitors, poor over ebay searching for items. By posting here, you increase potential demand for a product, and we all know how this effects the price when the supply of goods is limited.
IMHO you are doing the seller a service rather than the buyer.
Regards
Alex

FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 01:28:11 AM »

From experience, it makes no difference most of the collectors from this forum regularly visit, search, bid and buy from eBay and various other online stores.

Over the past week there have been many interesting items listed on ePay, many of these have not been linked to this forum, however have sold for over inflated prices. It is a suppliers market when it comes to rare classic car parts.

If you look at the menu icons you will note that an eBay item button exists, one would assume that this is for posting links on this forum for those who wish to.

Cheers Jim

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 05:29:45 PM »

If you look at the menu icons you will note that an eBay item button exists, one would assume that this is for posting links on this forum for those who wish to.

That's partly it, but mostly it's to avoid the mile-long URLs that Ebay produces.

FWIW I agree with Alex, posting Ebay links only benefit the seller.

RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2008, 06:40:47 PM »

I can't see a problem we are all equal and we all have a maximum we will pay for some thing and we all put different VALUES on things so what some one might call inflated someone else thinks is reasonable that is the whole consept of the Auction highest bider wins so if it is advertised here at least one off us may end up with it .......FC427........

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: