FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 28, 2024, 10:20:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: (F)E-bay  (Read 20972 times)
NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« on: April 04, 2008, 09:57:21 PM »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270225422027&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching

Spotted on (F)e-bay tonight - hope the link works.  Undecided 

NosFEratu
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 10:05:00 PM »

What a great looking car .......FC427.......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
Paul In Ireland
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 12:32:26 AM »

I would like to own that car...

Postage would be a bugger though!

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
Paul In Ireland
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 09:57:24 AM »

How would you value the car - given the description on ebay? Seems pretty well looked after and it does look well. Seems a very reasonable starting price anyway.

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 12:32:39 PM »

Don't worry about that one what about the other black FE special?  I think I would rather the other one with all the accessories.
How rare is that, 2 all-black FE specials for sale at the same time.

Ken
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2008, 02:20:23 PM »

Freaky that this one has come up within 24 hours of the first - I had to go out into the shed to check that mine was still there  Shocked  Me thinks this one might have a replacement motor though!

But hey, good looking car - you can't beat original black with red. All it needs is a set of 14" Coker wide whites and flipper hubcaps - no wait, that would almost make it my car !  Cool

NosFEratu
DN2168
nsw-club

See you on the road Skag!!

dean.nommensen
View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2008, 02:54:19 PM »

How cool is that 2 factory blacks, good to see.
Spinner
nsw-club

Whitewalls - more than 'just' a way of life.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2008, 05:34:45 PM »

Okay,

I'll bite.  Where is the second one? Huh Huh

(0414) 49-6706.  d5461 on Ebay.
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2008, 07:42:40 PM »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200213480728&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching

Come in Spinner - here it is - just for you  Grin

NosFEratu
Hewart
nsw-club

Holden on forever...

profile.php?id=1071847991 hewart
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2008, 11:40:13 PM »

That black, with the red interior looks sweet!!

NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2008, 07:35:51 AM »

I thoroughly agree with you Hewart - but then I could be a little biased  Wink

NosFEratu
pedro
qld-club
Guru

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2008, 09:18:35 AM »

Very nice original looking car at a good price, shouldn,t have any trouble selling it, I wonder why it has an FC horn ring and speaker grill fitted, also I presume one of the owners wanted a red motor but couldn,t afford the real thing Grin Grin.

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2008, 05:24:21 PM »

I can see why the first one's up for sale - a new baby and that white interior won't go together Wink

The second one is sensational looking. That interior of Fall Red over Fall Red is very unusual. All the other FE Special interiors are two very distinct colours.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2008, 06:27:39 PM »

Hi Ret, the single colour Fall Red interior is certainly not unusual to me! But I guess I never really considered that maybe there are not too many black with red trim ones out there. I did know of a couple in SA but that was probably some 20 years ago. 

If anyone is interested here's a little story about how I got mine.

My dad's Uncle Stan was visiting his brother at work one day (Elizabeth GMH) and fell in love with the yet-to-be-released FE's.  He immediately ordered a black one and didn't care that he had to wait until November 1956 to get it. He only really drove it from his home in Prospect to the North Adelaide pub (and I remember as a kid my dad pointing it out there on many occasions). 

In October 1983, when he couldn't drive anymore, he told dad he wanted to sell it to someone who would look after it. Dad suggested I get it as a first car - so for $200 I got a one owner black with red trim FE Special Sedan with 68,142 mile on the odo (yes, I think he lived at the pub!). 

When I got it the paint looked like a blackboard from years of oxidisation but after a concerted effort it looked pretty good. I'd only polished the driver's half of the car when dad took it up to show him - he brought him out to see the "blackboard" passenger side and he was carrying on about how happy he was that I was looking after it.  The he went round to the driver side and just about had a heart attack! Shocked

Almost 25 years down the track I still have it with no intention of selling. It had a full rebuild just before Xmas 1989 and, despite the 14" rims, it is still pretty stock.  After the two hour trip out to Tanunda and then back today it has now done 133,960 miles (obviously I don't drink as much as him  Wink ).

I am so very glad my dad's Uncle Stan had the vision (and patience) to order a black one.  I have definitely benefited from his decision - I absolutely love the combination and would never think of changing it.  You can't beat it - but I could be a little biased.  Grin

Regards     

NosFEratu   Cool

NosFEratu
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2008, 06:37:33 PM »

Sorry, that should have read Woodville GMH above - it was my dad who mainly worked at Elizabeth (he started at Woodville in 1946). Geez, how could I stuff that one up. 

Now here's something impressive! True story - my dad was responsible for rolling out the red carpet for the Queen's visit to Elizabeth.  He always said he would he wondered if he would have been sacked if she tripped up!  Grin

We even have a copy of the GMH People magazine March 1963, Volume 15 Number 5 that has the a picture on the front cover of the Queen walking up the steps on the red carpet.  Wow - how impressive is that ?  Grin

NosFEratu
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2008, 08:18:10 PM »

So, on re-reading the above entry I am yet to work out how to inflect a tone of sarcasm for others to accurately interpret.  Cheesy 

But hey, our family all thought it was quite funny about the red carpet and the Queen - especially seeing as dad would have loved for Australia to become a republic before he died!

Will go now and leave you all in peace - the body is falling apart these days and a, just starting to feel the effect of driving the FE for well over 4 hours today (FE = F'n Effort?). That being said, I'll still keep driving it until I need the zimerframe.  Grin

NosFEratu
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2008, 10:28:03 PM »

Soooooo Mr NosFEratu, I'd guess that these pics would be of your little beastie then?
I have spotted a few times here and there, mainly at Hot Rod gigs.

customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2008, 01:02:50 AM »

Wow
Your car is awesome.
Love the shine.
So, tell us, what role did your dad play in the building of your car on the assembly line?
Regards
Alex

customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2008, 01:06:12 AM »

Oh, 1 more suggestion.
How about starting a thread in Members cars and show us some more pics of your car. Got any from your childhood as well?
Regards
Alex

NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2008, 08:07:35 AM »

Wow - what a shock this morning. You have sprung me good and proper Stinky.  And by the way that would be Ms NosFEratu to you and all others. Wink 

Yep, I hang out mainly at rod related events - know a lot of the guys through being heavily involved with the Hot Rod and Street Machine Shows back in the 80's with my ex (think "train" at Birdwood Mill).  Hey, If you care to go back through your SMASA history you will also find that in the mid 80's I used to be heavily involved there too - I was the first female State Steward in Australia.  I was also awarded a honorary life time membership to the ASMF around 1988/89 for services rendered (now that description sounds good - doesn't it?). So I have been around cars for a long, long time.

Yes, I spend a lot of time polishing my car to show off the chrome against the black. Anyway, my body is starting to pack it in from years of dancing & gymnastics and it is a bit of an effort these days.  I used to cut it by hand but my current husband John (or Van Helsing as I call him because of the van and the fact that he is always trying to keep control of me) bought me a Rupes for my 40th and since then has since got me a nice little array of Shinano air buffers - and he knows he is not allowed anywhere near them!  If you happen to have any 1980 hot rod show photos you might see my sister and I on stage dancing. Now lets see if you have any of those photos in your grab bag Stinky!

Yes, I have been thinking of posting some shots of my baby.  Will get some scanned in and posted as soon as I can - I even have a "blackboard" shot from when it first came home.

No my dad didn't have an input to my car on the line - he was the Maintenance Foreman at GMH - but unbeknownst to him he probably saw it go down the line!

Wow - I'm totally blown away Stinky Grin

Kathi (aka NosFEratu)  Cool

NosFEratu
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: