FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 21, 2024, 07:31:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: very diffarent  (Read 3313 times)
Damo58

old holdens never die they just go faster  :)

View Profile
« on: March 30, 2008, 05:28:10 PM »

have not seen one of these before

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/VINTAGE-RARE-GREY-HOLDEN-TRIPOWER-MARINE-INTAKE-FX-FJ_W0QQitemZ280211996607QQihZ018QQcategoryZ33549QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Iam good just ask me Smiley
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 05:53:28 PM »

The item is a Tawco  combination inlet and exhaust manifold to suit Holden Grey powered boats, the Tawco units enable the manifold to be used as either a single carb or triple carb setup depending on the requirements of the owners. They are water cooled to prevent too much excessive heat when used under the engine covers. They were made in Victoria.
Other parts that you may see from time time is water cooled sumps, and cylinder heads that have been drilled  and tapped over the exhaust valves to enable a manifold to be screwed onto the head to assist in getting the hot water away from the head. I have also seen flywheels that have had most of the flywheel machined away leaving little more than a place for the ring gear. (for racing boats with direct drive)

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 08:36:44 PM »

Small world I have just listed on ebay a TAWCO Red Motor marine conversion last night also can run single or twin carby item no 200211812829 take a look ....FC427......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 08:41:49 PM »

why didnt you say something mark, a mate in newcastle is chasing a conversion kit for a red, he just buaght a boat without the stuff but was running a red and he wants to put in a red and supercharge it.

i have a grey tawco clutch in my cabin cruiser wich is slowly dying.

FC427
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 09:39:58 PM »

FCCOOL it comes and goes and most of the time I don't get to ebay it,  was just that I read the TAWCO post and replied other wise would not have mentioned it. Why didn't you tell me your mate was after one Huh?? if you want to check it out for him let me know.......FC427......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2008, 10:09:04 PM »

FCCOOL it comes and goes and most of the time I don't get to ebay it,  was just that I read the TAWCO post and replied other wise would not have mentioned it. Why didn't you tell me your mate was after one Huh?? if you want to check it out for him let me know.......FC427......

yeah i just sent him a email.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: