FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 05, 2024, 02:37:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Stinky's photos from the Nationals  (Read 4907 times)
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« on: March 25, 2008, 09:23:41 AM »

We drove down on Thursday arriving just before 6PM, still enough time to cop a quick sunburn minding the little ones on the playground.

Friday, registered took some photos then did the "tourist" thing until about 5PM. 6PM was the Fish and Chips dinner.

Saturday we were off to Frew Park by 9:30am for a 10am display of all the cars, Mick Fuller put in a big effort to get the cars laid out in order and easy to move around. Somewhere between 2 and 3PM everyone was off for a quick drive around Mt Gambier. A BBQ dinner was then had back at Nationals HQ, the kids were entertained by a clown, some of the entrants took part in the Quiz Night while others elected to "drink beer and talk sh*t"  Grin

Sunday was the cruise out to Port McDonnel for lunch and games, the route took us past "The Barn" that was to host the dinner that night. The Liprino Ute (trophy winner) was a casualty and had to pull out with brake troubles. The cruise route seemed confusing at times but provided the cars with a couple of loop-backs and some great photo opportunties and cruising "high-5s".
After a subway lunch the games began, pin the badge on the boot lid, dizzy sticks, tunnel water melon and donut eating.
Dinner at the barn was good (once everyone found their seats  Grin ) trophy winners were announced during the night as were door prizes and raffles.
Grand Champions were Steven Johnson's Blown Orange/White FC Wagon and Kevin Woolard's FC Station Sedan (not Leon's FE as previously mentioned Embarrassed, Leon's car got a Top 10 though) .
Congratulations to all Trophy winners.

Again a great weekend, looking forward to Orange.

Here's my lot. I used photobucket's "bulk uploader" but it was more like a "bulk shuffler" renaming photos and putting them all out of order  Roll Eyes
I have the full versions of all of the photos if anyone is after any.
Taken by myself and my son Jonas (8yrs), Jonas actually snapped off some really good photos.
http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/stinky456/20080321%20FE-FC%20Nationals%20Mt%20Gambier%20SA/
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 08:51:26 PM by stinky » Logged

pedro
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 10:23:08 AM »

Great photos, trouble is i don't want to do any work now, i just want to sit and drool  Tongue

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
jack_fc

SouthWest Coast, Victoria

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 01:59:16 PM »

Stinky and Jonas, thanks for the pics! Hope the black machine is easy to get home and repair.
And while I'm here, HUGE thanks to all involved in the organising and running of the Nats - bloody good job!!
thanks, jack

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 08:23:23 PM »

This is one of Jonas's, taken from the top of the playground

Damo58

old holdens never die they just go faster  :)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 08:50:36 PM »

JUST AWSOME  Grin Grin thanksfor the photos they are great

Iam good just ask me Smiley
KFH
qld-club

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 11:31:19 PM »

Thanks for the great photos Stinky

Keith

I was born with nothing and still have most of it left
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2008, 12:43:33 AM »

Hi Stinky,
Sorry to hear about your bad luck with your car, Thankyou however for posting the photo's and giving those that didn't make it inspiration to make the nats next time in Orange

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
jfk

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2008, 01:07:20 AM »

Hi

Great photos.

Just got back to QLD, had a ball and have about 50 photos of my own I'll endevour to get up over the next couple of days.

Hats off to all those from the SA club for putting on a great weekend.

Cheers

JFK

JFK
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: