FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 28, 2024, 04:51:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: EffCee has an FC  (Read 30669 times)
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« on: March 08, 2008, 10:41:32 AM »

Here is picture of my FC. This is what it was like when the previous owner bought it. This photo was taken by the previous owner. It is now totally stripped and I will be picking it up in the next couple of weekends. There is also another FC for spares. I will post pics of the car after I pick it up. i will also post details of the numbers for Ken. I haven't posted photo's on a forum so I am hoping this works.

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 10:47:11 AM »

I posted the photo, but the photo is quite small, any Ideas on how I can make it bigger?

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
ridgey_didge
act-club

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 12:10:39 PM »

You need to buy a bigger car next time - this one should be in the model car section it appears.

Cheers
David

fc_clint_nz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2008, 07:02:41 PM »

You have done better than me i can't even get a few pics up. Huh
customFC
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2008, 08:02:45 PM »

You have linked to a thumbnail size image.
As you are using 'webshots', click on the "link to it" button on the right of your image in webshots. This will open a new window with preset links.
In the new window, change the size to 600 pixels and use the post in forum text. To do this, simply click on the text, them right click, copy, then paste into FE FC forum post.

Car looks like a good start.
Looking forward to seeing the updated pics.
Regards
Alex

EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2008, 12:45:03 AM »

Thanyou for your help Custom FC, It was much appreciated. After playing araound a little I was able to move the picture into my avatar. Thankyou very much. Grin Grin

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2008, 11:21:40 PM »

I bought my car home a few weekends ago. The previous owner (Corm) had stripped it down to a bare shell and cut some of the LHF floorpan out to remove the rust. There is very little other rust in the car.
The car is now in the garage and work has commenced. I will be posting more photos soon.

The plan is to put a hot grey engine with triple carbs, Holden depress gearbox, HR front and rear end. When I bought the car included was a EK auto transmission tunnel. This will be welded in at the same time the new floor pan is welded in.

I am hoping to have the body prepared for paint by the end of June, Painted by Mid August and completed by Christmas Wink

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2008, 12:05:39 AM »

Hi EffCee

Good luck with your project - keep us informed of your progress.

Kathi  Cool

NosFEratu
Paul In Ireland
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2008, 01:39:58 AM »

Much as I would love to do that - I will buy an already restored one in the best condition I can get.

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2008, 08:20:25 AM »

geez keith when you said it was in pieces you weren't mucking around were you Wink Wink

The plan is to put a hot grey engine with triple carbs

are you sure, or maybe a grey motor Wink

or maybe the other,

come over to the dark side, you know you want to dont you Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
i promise i wont tell Wink Wink Wink

i may be getting older, but i refuse to grow up!
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2008, 09:49:56 AM »

are you sure, or maybe a grey motor Wink

or maybe the other,

come over to the dark side, you know you want to dont you Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
i promise i wont tell Wink Wink Wink

What Smithy is referring to is the fact that I have been given (gratis , for free) a RED engine. Not only just a RED engine but a reconditioned speedway engine, you know all the fruit, hi compression pistons, star fire rods, stage 5 yella terra head with roller rockers etc. It is so tempting to put this engine in, especially when I don't even have a Grey engine at the moment....  Undecided

I really would like a Grey.... Tongue

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2008, 09:57:59 AM »

Hi EffCee

A can of paint will give you a grey!  Why not - if the truth were to be known, NosFEratu actually has a black motor!

Kathi  Cool

NosFEratu
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2008, 08:28:27 AM »

I have been busy since my last post, I have been sorting through the nuts and bolts, some were bagged from the previous owner alot were at the bottom of boxes, It is difficullt working out where nuts and bolts go when you haven't pulled the car apart, but have pretty much got there and have them all sorted and labelled

I have also been cleaning up the door internals so that after it is all painted it is easy to reassemble. I do this in the evening when I can't make much noise with power tools. Once I have finished with the door internals then I will be starting on the HR front and rear end. This way after it is painted it will seem that a lot of work has happened in a short period of time.

I have also mounted the car on a rotisserie to make it easy to work on. It is so much easier to work on and the time that it took to make the rotisserie will save time on the ong run. In the clean up i have found that there is a few more rust spots that I didn't know about but I think that this is nearly always the case and these will be dealt with as I get to them.

At the moment the intention is to remain head down and bum up so that I can complete the car by Christmas. I will post photo's later.

Keith
F4+
 Wink

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
Paul In Ireland
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2008, 09:09:42 AM »

Ah Kieth! Now you've stuck your head above the parapet, the black beast with the Henchmen will keep coming weekly for updates.... Cool Cool Cool Cool

You could have stayed low and quiet, but no, you had to stick your head up for a bit of fresh air!

Sundays it is - and don't get too nervous.

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2008, 09:26:17 AM »

Good to see your report Keith - even if it is a little late. 

Obviously you have taken heed of my comment in your other thread and acknowledged that the updates should be posted here!  You can back off for the moment henchmen! 

We know exactly what it is like trying to sort through a jigsaw without the box - went through the same thing with the 58!  Keep up the good work Keith - preparation and knowledge will be the key to your success!

Kathi  Cool
F4+ =^^=

NosFEratu
pedro
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2008, 11:44:25 AM »

Good to see someone is getting something done, are you still going grey or have you given into the temptation and decided to run the red Wink.
                     Pedro F4+

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2008, 12:08:38 PM »

Pedro,

As funds are short, and I have a red sitting in the floor that just needs to have the sump changed, and I don't even have a grey motor yet, I have given in to temptation and will be using the red.

That's not to say that there won't be an engine change later Wink I still love my Greys

So it will be Red motor, M20 gearbox, HR (disc) front and rear end, K-Mac suspension, dragway wheels (7x13) Original type interior in the blue and black, and fountain blue over skyline blue in the early 59 FC paint style.

Keith
F4+
 Wink

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2008, 12:15:27 PM »

I have just realised in my first post on this topic that I said that I would post the numbers for those that are interested, I am sorry for not doing so earlier.

The numbers are as follows:
Chassis FC-33903-S
Body FC225-19452-S
Trim 277-629
Paint 253-0700
Insert 256-7770

Keith
F4+
 Wink

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2008, 12:02:16 AM »

Just an Update

This week I have been cleaning all the old paint off and the mud and crud from underneath the car. I have found a few more rust spots but these are only small and wont take too much to repair.

I have been head down and bum up and I am still on track for getting the body prepared for paint by the end of this month and will be taking three weeks off in July to ensure that in have the painting done be the end of August.

Still no photos but they will come

Keith
F4+
 Wink

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2008, 12:15:00 PM »

A++ for getting your report in early this week Keith! 

And remember, any progress is good progress!

Kathi  Cool
F4+ =^^=

NosFEratu
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: