FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 08, 2024, 10:58:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: "shed art"  (Read 9316 times)
jack_fc

Model: FC

SouthWest Coast, Victoria

View Profile
« on: February 28, 2008, 11:19:01 AM »

Ive been told I'm a "philistine" what ever that is..., so to redress this disgusting condition, I've gone all "arty-farty"

cheers jack

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
weddo
tas-club

HIS, HER's & OUR's

billnjudiwedd@gmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 03:58:41 PM »

I have exactly the same silhouette hanging in my garage, we both must have been to the same little town in VIC.  Grin

regards
Weddo
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 08:30:06 PM »

I have the panelvan version  Smiley got it from the NSW all Holden Day last year, 50 dollars, didn't notice till later that it had Special mouldings burned in it down the side  Angry

Still have not found any wall space in the shed to hang it up yet.

I wanted to drop it in the centre of the swimming pool so it would leave a kind of rusty silhouette, but she who must be obeyed said NO  Roll Eyes

looks good jack
Wayne
nsw-club
Guru

I Love my FE

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 05:56:19 PM »

Hi
  I have the FE version of it got mine also at the All Holden Day
Harley
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 10:26:05 PM »

Philistinism is a derogatory term used to describe a particular attitude or set of values. A person called a Philistine is said to despise or undervalue art, beauty, intellectual content, and/or spiritual values. Philistines are also said to be materialistic, to favor conventional social values unthinkingly, and to favor forms of art that have a cheap and easy appeal.
Philistinism affords a contrast to Bohemianism, as the character of a smugly conventional bourgeois social group perceived to lack all the desirably soulful 'bohemian' characteristics, especially an artistic temperament and a broad cultural horizon open to the avant-garde. To the chosen few, the 'Philistines' embodied a smug, anti-intellectual threatening majority, in the 'culture wars' of the 19th century.

Hmmmmm - there ya go !!
ridgey_didge
act-club

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2008, 06:43:41 AM »

I thought Philisitines were big guys who got stoned? Wink

David

Johns

Model: something else...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 04:06:10 AM »

That's all bullshit Harley and can youse use words wif less than four letters in 'em in future, this is a car forum not an innerlecheral encounter group  Huh

Besides, Philistines are them people what supply you wif beer at beer festivals.

John

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
Harley
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2008, 10:15:01 AM »

Lighten up John - it was a light hearted comment, not an innerlecheral encounter as you describe !!!
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2008, 10:41:56 AM »

I think John was having a light hearted dig!

but that philistine shit was pretty heavy man.

lol

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
Harley
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2008, 07:39:31 PM »

Was courtesy of Wikipedia - I thought "fill a stein" was a catch cry at the Munich beer festival   LOL
Paul In Ireland
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2008, 03:14:41 AM »

Pints over here so none of those other fellas.

How hard would it be to get an FC Ute one of those "art" things?

Is there a link somewhere?

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
jack_fc

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2008, 02:34:53 PM »

paul, I got mine from here - http://www.wroughtironproductions.com.au (actually bought it at Vic AHD)
George is his name - very good to deal with; fairly confident he also does an FC ute
cheers jack

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
pedro
qld-club
Guru

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2008, 03:04:19 PM »

How could anyone who owned an FE/FC be classed as a philistine, they are obviously people who value beauty,art, class and all that other stuff or they would drive a ford.

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
jack_fc

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2008, 03:15:56 PM »

well said, Pedro - I feel better now... (it was a bit of a shock being called a fillerstein; all me life i thort i was an ostrailyan)
cheers jack

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: