FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 09:10:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Window Felts  (Read 4912 times)
TTV6FC
Guru

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: February 19, 2008, 10:10:19 PM »

I did a search but little has been mentioned about this.Does anyone know if these are available still?Rares don't list them.Cheers,Jamie

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 10:48:58 PM »

Hi What do you mean by window felts Huh  1\ the strip that goes on either side of the door glass   2\ The Bailey Chanel that the glass goes up and down in 3\ the rubber that holds the glass in to the metal track on the bottom or the glass. or am I missing what you mean ?? ....FC427.........

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 11:00:50 PM »

Only the parts that the glass run in are made out of felt.This is the stitched in pieces inside the channels on the three edges of the glass.Top,front and back as well as the ones which are clipped into the opening of the door that the glass slides through.Hope this makes more sense... Huh

Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 11:38:23 PM »

IIRC try Fitch The Rubber Man Pty George St Hindmarsh 5007 (08) 8346 5193

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 07:40:00 PM »

Rare Spares do sell them -they are called Bailey channel.

Ken
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 07:49:28 PM »

Thanks Ken,I was looking under door components... Roll Eyes

Martin

Jim

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2008, 10:08:27 PM »

Where does the name "Bailey" channel come from?  Huh  The workshop manual refers to "door glass run channel" (page 36), as does the Master Parts Catalogue

Martin

The liver is evil.  It must be PUNISHED

Martin
Marion.  South Aust.

Ebay user id:  lewis1411
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2008, 10:39:27 PM »

I think it comes from the name of the guy who invented it for Vintage cars (1940's?) but as a trade name, car companies would not use this title but a more generic name.  Sort of like Esky or Thermos - generally accepted as what they are but really a portable cooler and a vaccuum flask.

Ken
mikey

Werribee

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2008, 10:53:33 PM »

Hi,
       Yeah talk about an item being known by it's makers name not what it actually is. At work we have a high pressure washer made by Karcher, most people will say "I need to use the Guerney" or "where is the Guerney" you get the idea.

I love to be a bit of a turd as I know people will go huh??  I say "where is the Karcher" most say "don't you mean the Guerney??"  It really seems that the trade name/ makers name of something can, at times, turn into the equipment name.

If I said where is the high pressure water washer I think most would look at me stupid.

Another one was a welders aid, it was a small little "truck" about the size of two shoeboxes that would hold a mig gun and would run along a track. It was self propelled by internal motors to the wheels and would let you do a lot of repeated welds along a straight section (or curved if you bent the track).

Everyone knew this piece of equipment as the Beetle, once again the makers name not what it actually was. If I said where is the self propelled welding truck I think I would have been stoned. Smiley

Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail us now!
NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2008, 12:34:13 AM »

me to, i use a machine made by KEW, its a big unit with two motors that powers 3 hoses on two levels, some people call it a gurni and i say " its not a gurni, its a pressure washer, gurni's are always green"

i think its becuase gurni was the first popular pressure washer for domestic use and was advertised on tv.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: