FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:58:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Windscreen  (Read 9450 times)
walks

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: November 09, 2007, 02:31:54 PM »

Does anyone know if it is legal in QLD to re-use the orignal windscreen from a FC. If it isn't does anyone know a place in Sydney where I can get a new one. I am in Blacktown, until December anyway.

Cheers
Walks

WALKS
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 03:16:20 PM »

Mannie's windscreen in Forge St Blacktown sold me one but I think all windscreen shops just order them in they are available in plain of with a tinted ban if you like that sort or thing FC427

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
Paul In Ireland
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2007, 08:54:29 AM »

What does an FC windscreen cost anyway?

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2007, 09:27:53 AM »

The last one I bought was around $150 supply only and I fitted it myself FC427

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
paddyfc58

I wanna go fast

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2007, 02:09:15 AM »

After my got hit by a rock and shattered doin 100 km/h new experience to me i went to windscreens obrien new one fitted for 320 bucks.
Brad

My FC Van in 1986 and I still have It

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 04:49:40 PM »

Hello Walks.
               If it's an original FC windscreen in a FC then I can't see a problem. After all they came out of the factory that way and who's to say that your's is not the original one , unbroken and still in the car.
              Also who would even notice that it's not laminated ?  I got my FB RWC'd ( blue slip ? ) about seven years ago and not one mention re shatter glass fitted all round. These days they don't even look at all of the cars anyway. I went to the trouble of getting a day permit and no one from transport wanted to see the car even though it was right outside the front door Roll Eyes.
                      Brad in QLD.

Id rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labotomy
cruiser056
qld-club

cruisin to the rock and roll

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2007, 08:33:24 AM »

Walks,
         In Qld it is not allowed to re-fit the original windscreen.  But no one is to know that it was out of the car in the first place.  I have had original windscreens fitted with no problem, it is just a Qld Transport rule.  For the relatively low price of a new laminated screen and the safety factor, you may as well fit a new screen.

cruiser056
KFH
qld-club

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2007, 12:33:25 PM »

Just on a slightly different course re windscreens.  What is the feeling about using a banded laminated windscreen instead of a plain windscreen?

Keith

I was born with nothing and still have most of it left
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2007, 01:38:46 PM »

What sort of application?  It would look out of place on a concourse stocky, but a nice safety feature on a modified or street car - I certainly wouldn't call it a crime to fit one Roll Eyes

Ken
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2007, 06:38:57 PM »

I had one fitted to my Ute with the tinted band and I thought it was a bit of a pain because the seating position is very high and I ended up looking right through the edge of the tint line and it was annoying to me, but was the same price as the untinted one  and in my opinion it looked wrong FC427

fcee
vic-club

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2007, 07:23:31 PM »

Why not a nice safety feature on a stocky ? like seat belts ,may not look right but if you drive your car it sure feels better with one on !  Wink  Steve

Sale Victioria
FX1975
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2007, 10:27:19 AM »

Ralph Moore told me he was getting in some laminated screens a couple of months back, he probably has them by now. Worth a try.
                                                          Frank
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2007, 10:45:06 AM »

I have used Ralph Moore many times and he is one of the best windscreen fitters in the business well worth the drive to Mascot for his services  DONE ONCE DONE RIGHT and WATER TIGHT.....FC427......

surferboy
wa-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

10,000 POINTS !

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2008, 10:05:38 PM »

My neighbour works for Novus windscreens in Perth, gave me a good price for supplying (free fitting) a band tinted windscreen a while ago, i didnt know you could get all clear screens new. are clear screens readily available ? i dont want a blue tint winscreen on my brown wagon and i tend to sit high in the drivers seat
Before they start pulling the wagon apart is there anything i need to be carefull of ? is the roof lining a problem area ? will the sunvisor be a problem (i dont want to remove it if i dont have to)
i just worry to much that he works on modern cars and will hit some unknown problem (theres always one of those) half way through the job
doing my homework before we start taking the wagon apart.   any advice appreciated

Cool Cool Cool

cruisin's great with a 58
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: