FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 28, 2024, 07:34:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Cars that ate Paris  (Read 10715 times)
customFC
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« on: November 04, 2007, 01:00:21 AM »

Came across a movie site with a few stills and behind the scenes shots from The Cars that ate Paris.
Here are some that showed FE FC's.

Can't show pics of this movie without a shot of the VW.

Regards
Alex

ps. let's not get into a debate about that other Paris this time!!  Roll Eyes

Just40
qld-club

Model: FE

I cant fix my brakes, so I made my horn LOUDER

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 08:28:05 AM »

think i better but this movie and have a look. Grin

TAYZ
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 04:07:19 PM »

couldnt help myself, jumped on the bay and bought a copy, bonus two movies in 1 with one called the plumber (I used to be a plumber!!!)  anyhow looking forward to watching it Cool
NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 07:08:50 PM »

i paid $30 for a second hand vhs copy about 5 years ago and now it barely works, how much is it worth now, is it on dvd?
I love the aussie style in this movie, i spent many of my holidays and weekends as a kid in sofala camping and my relo's would point out left behind stuff all the time from "the movie" wich was cars that ate paris, my grandad and aunties and uncle used to go there in the late 60's when the movie was being made.
 I remember shitting myself looking down the edge of the road everytime we went there, it was a scary road heading in to sofala wich is the town called paris in the movie.

TAYZ
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 07:51:49 PM »

I bought a brand new dvd off ebay with the plumber movie attached to my door for 22bucks
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 06:56:34 PM »

Amongst other things, it's also remembered for being Peter Weir's first full-length film. (He went on to direct Gallipoli, Picnic at Hanging Rock, Dead Poets' Society and The Truman Show, amongst many others.)

It shows up as a late night movie from time to time, and is generally available from most online DVD outlets.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
TAYZ
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2007, 10:36:40 PM »

Got my copy today but will wait till weekend to watch it
customFC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2007, 10:55:28 PM »

Hey Tayz
Give us the whole movie critic report when your done viewing.
Id be interested to know how many 'overriders' you give it.  Grin
Regards
Alex

TAYZ
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2007, 08:13:45 PM »

Great ol time Australia, but a shit story.....  the cars though and old stuff was unreal to say the least!!!!  cant beleive as a big fan of australian movies and mini series I have never seen or heard of this movie.  I did notice one of the cars had a detroit strip on one of the doors and also a spare door leaning against the garage also had one.
NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2007, 08:49:20 PM »

i must be the only person who likes the story, everyone else says its shit. even Australiana comedian Austin tayshus kinda bags the movie, every one i showed it to said turn it of but i loved it.
 i think it would be great living in a town were the currency is old car parts and the tourist get there brains drilled out and cars striped and not a camry or magna in site anywere either.
 all the old stuff is cool.
 one thing you notice is how far we have gone with losing our Aussie identity in the last 40 years, the way they talk, act and all the aussie cars and scenery is pure Aussie.

I havent been to sofala since the big flood wich must have been about 87, does anyone know if the town is still the same?
 the town of sofala was pretty much the same when we were kids as it was in the movie but offcourse some of the buildings had props attached that were destroyed in the movie and removed again, even some of the old cars were still lying around.

Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2007, 08:39:11 AM »

one thing you notice is how far we have gone with losing our Aussie identity in the last 40 years, the way they talk, act and all the aussie cars and scenery is pure Aussie.

bring back the Bogan!

in the shed
REDMR2RED
vic-club

FC Ute's d'best

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2007, 12:38:02 PM »

I went to Sofala a few years back on a car rally to Bathurst with a NSW Car Club.  The town, just off the main road, is much the same, hasn't changed at all.  It's pretty small though, blink and you'll miss it.  There's not much parking in town so we propped in every gap we could find, figuring that the they didn't have a parking inspector.  The antique (read junk) shop was well worth a visit.

You can view it on a number of Web Site with a google search or a google map search.

http://walkabout.com.au/locations/NSWSofala.shtml

1959 FC Holden Ute
2brite
wa-club

Cruizin's devine in a '59

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2007, 09:11:41 PM »

I remember watching this movie when i was about 12-14 and thought WTF,
that VW is burned in my brain.
From memory John Mellion was in it.
NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2007, 10:15:26 PM »

speaking of movies, anyone seen the movie "summer city" starring mel gibson before mad max, it was filmed in catherine hill bay near newcastle, it has the only FC wagon i have ever seen in my blue & white.

customFC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2007, 10:48:01 PM »

NRNRH!!!
Regards
Alex

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: