FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 08:30:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Red or White walls/stripe on Black FC?  (Read 3338 times)
TTV6FC
Guru

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2007, 09:19:11 AM »

Hi guys,just trying to gauge some opinions on what looks best on a original Black FC.The sedan will be running 6" black steelies with original caps and a lot lower than standard ride height.The other thing that may change my decision is if 13" red walls/stripe are even available in a wider tyre.I am leaning towards red but would like to hear your opinions.Cheers,Jamie.

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
Johns

Model: something else...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 12:34:33 PM »

Jamie,

From the photos, that is a lovely original car, why not buck the trend and present it on standard wheels and black wall cross plies or 80 section radials? You can always modify one of the spare cars you have. As people keep modifying them really original stockies become rarer Cool Red walls were not period and IMHO would look naff on a early car. Neither were thin whitewalls, although they look ok.

Look at Munros now - which pull the big money, stock or modified?

Cheers
John

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 12:05:21 PM »

Thanks John,your opinion is highly valued and respected.I guess my intention was to do a fair bit of cruising in the car for a while ,then slip the original springs back in and the skinnys back on when the Grey one is finished so as to not "wreck" the originality of the car for the future.Cheers,Jamie.

Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 01:05:02 PM »

Red would be different, not sure if it would look good though as it would put the car's tyres into the late 60s/early 70s.
Why not buy a roll of red pin stripe tape and try it out on a tyre, step away a few metres to see what it would look like. I did the same but with masking tape to see what white-lines would look like.
At the end of the day there is only one person you really have to worry about pleasing.

TAYZ
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 01:09:20 PM »

drop it on its guts as far as it will go and stick a set of white walls on it, you can always put another set of springs back in and if you use lowering blocks, you can take em out.  Whats is your email TT, I will send you some pics of a Black FE with lowered white walls and flipper caps.  In fact I got a lot of pics you may be interested in,

Tayz Cool
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2007, 01:58:20 PM »

Here's a saweet looking black FE that I took shots of a at a Hot Rod Show in Nov 2005, pretty much stock apart from the wheels.
Red wheels, white walls and flipper caps.
Dare I say a classic example of the FE's superior looks  Tongue

Jamie I have the 1280x960 originals on my comp, let me know if you want a copy.

TAYZ
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2007, 02:52:55 PM »

Thats the one, I must have saved them from a previous post stinky put one.  That is one sweet FE I must say but I like FE/FC the same, no difference.  Anyone seen this one about of late? be a nice one for the shed
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2007, 07:12:19 PM »

No disrespect to John but that is exactly the look I am going for as I also have a nice set of scratch plates to go on and would like to enjoy some cruising in this car.I have full intentions of putting the original front springs back in (will be using lowering blocks in the back) as I have plenty of spares.Won't be using low profile tyre's (the skateboard look doesn't do it for me either).The plan is to modify the Grey FC as it was already set up for v6 when I bought it.Thanks for your opinions.Cheers,Jamie.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: