FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 11:52:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Venetian Blinds  (Read 3307 times)
Ken's 57
nsw-club

Model: FE

View Profile
« on: August 13, 2007, 03:43:28 PM »

Hi Everyone

I am thinking of fitting some rear window venetian blinds to my FE sedan. I have located two alternative suppliers: Rare Spares and Autocables. Could anyone advise as to whether they are similar in style and quality? I can get to Rares in Sydney to check out their product but unfortunately Autocables cannot send any pics so it's hard to know what to do. I have read some earlier posts on this subject and it would seem that both are good reproductions. Is this still the case?

Cheers....Ken
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 11:57:38 AM »

It could be that the RS one is manufactured for them by Auto-Cables.

Smooth also makes very good repros. Check out earlyholdens.com. I'm a happy customer of his, never bought the RS or AC versions.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Johns

Model: something else...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 02:32:07 PM »

Ken,

Original FE Venetians have straight end blades, I understand original FC ones have curved end blades (is this correct?)  If you are keen on originality they do turn up here and on evilpay from time to time. Here is an original set;

Cheers
John

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
Ken's 57
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 04:57:39 PM »

Thanks guys. I think you're right about the different styles for FE and FC John. I actually prefer the look of the curved ones though. Nice looking car in the photo, by the way! I'll go with RET's recommendation and try Smooth's.

Cheers....Ken.
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 05:45:12 PM »

Early FE style is the straight-ended version. Later FEs and all FCs have the curved type. Smooth only sells the latter.

Because my stockie is a very early FE, I went to the trouble of chasing down a straight one. The curved one is a better design though: it's stronger and doesn't have the same vibration issues.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: