FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:04:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: O/T non FE FC diecast collectors?  (Read 7215 times)
customFC
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« on: October 11, 2002, 09:06:21 PM »

Does anyone collect other cars other than FE FC?  
If so, what do you collect?
I collect some of the other Trax Holdens, 1:18 Hot Rods, any Hot Rod in 1:64 that I like and a lot of Hot Wheels. Starting to sell some off though to save for a REAL Hot Rod. I also customise the 1:64 cars. Everything from simple repaints to roof chops, extensions new motors etc. I participate in a few HW's and diecast boards. Here is a signature pic I set up for a friend. I like to take photos of the cars and try to get the detail.
Anyone else into this stuff too?
Regards
Alex

customFC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2002, 09:59:43 AM »

I mentioned that I customise Hot Wheels, here is my latest custom. It is the coming together of a Track T and an Altered State. There were a lot more like this one on the track in the 60's than that bantam body. I modified the Track T to more resemble a 23 T, as this is the bodystyle that they used back then.

Regards
Alex
« Last Edit: November 17, 2002, 10:01:05 AM by custom_fc » Logged

HARKO
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2002, 12:48:15 PM »

Awesome work alex.
You must have some patience going on there.
I would love to see your collection one day, Hey what sort of diff is it running it aint no tin hat or quick change ,Hang on is that the oil pan hehehe
Just having a stab mate ,I suppose there's only so much that can be done on such a small scale.
Mann youve got patience.
Cat
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2002, 02:58:09 AM »

Hey Alex,
Following our conversation the other night I thought I'd have a sticky beak at your custom Hot Wheels.  What scale is it at??  Can you post pics of others you have done or bought?
Cat

Zoom zoom!
customFC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2002, 01:04:47 PM »

Hey Cat.
They are 1/64....Matchbox car size.
Here is another I made, my first. It is a 'Dairy Delivery', and I stretched it, making it into a 6 wheeler.

If your interested in some more, visit my photo album.
http://photo.starblvd.net/kanga

slim
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Ring 0420768346 for genuine FE/FC parts.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2002, 11:04:18 PM »

I have what I believe would have been the base for that custom , was it yellow to begin with?

Im located at Liverpool, NSW
Cat
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2002, 11:48:27 PM »

Man, you have some cool stuff there.  Cool I like your metallic orange one, the purple with the orange flames and the blue beetle with the flames in the garden!  Please excuse my technical descriptions for them!

I also had no idea that there were so many different collectables out there - the 1948 Woodie is great, and the Chev Nomad and......well they're all pretty cool!  'Specially the Fred Meyer one - I like that, oh and I think TC would look grouse with the rainbow flames like the Chev....Don't you think!? Shocked

So how long does it take to customise one? Are you doing any at the moment??

Thanks for sharing - I reckon they're cool and much better than standard model cars (unless they're FE's of course! Roll Eyes).
Cat

Zoom zoom!
customFC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2003, 04:35:21 AM »

Slim.....yeah, that's the one. (see below)
Cat....thanks for the comments. It takes days to make one. I tend to make them in spurts. A bit now, abit more later, cut that, glue together, shape, paint etc.
I am working on 2 at the moment. 1 is all cut and needing to put all the little bits together. I think you will like it. I will post a pic when done. The other is about to start. It is going together for a contest on another board. It is also a Dairy Delivery as below but will be completly different and even wilder.
Regards
Alex

Cat
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2003, 04:42:42 AM »

Thanks Alex,
I look forward to the updates - just like we do for Harkos car!  Grin
Cat

Zoom zoom!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print