FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 20, 2024, 03:05:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: dead FE/FCs  (Read 3039 times)
jack_fc

Model: FC

SouthWest Coast, Victoria

View Profile
« on: August 01, 2007, 11:13:27 AM »

Just back from another Simpson Desert crossing - spotted these dead FE/FCs along the way.....
I've attempted to put the photos on Photobucket, but I'm a dumb bastard when it comes to computers - hope it works!!
Try this - http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x198/jack_fc/old%20holdens%20in%desert/old%20holdens%20in%20desert/
Maybe someone could post a reply re whether it works or not...
Cheers
Jack

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
jack_fc

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 11:26:23 AM »

Yeah, OK, like I said; I'm a dumb bastard....
Try this one (the bloody address is so long I left a bit out...)
http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x198/jack_fc/old%20holdens%20in%20desert/old%20holdens%20in%20desert/
Good Luck - you'll need it...
Jack

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
customFC
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 01:10:31 PM »

Hey Jack.
Interesting pics.
Where were they taken and was there older cars in that yard?

The link did not work, try this.
http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x198/jack_fc/

Unusual colour on this FE.

Regards
Alex
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 01:16:14 PM by customFC » Logged

craiga
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 01:50:41 PM »

I love seeing pics like these, thanks for posting.

It means that there is still plenty of raw materials for us to play with.

Cheers,

Craig.
jack_fc

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 02:45:42 PM »

Alex,
the 2 photos that are obviously in the"desert" were at Farina station SA. That car is a few hundred yards west of the main (dirt) road to Maree. The others (behind fence) were at (I think..) Cradock SA.(pretty much a ghost town today). They are in a yard behind the long-since-closed "Modern Motors" garage. There were maybe 50 or 60 cars in the yard, seemed to be mid-1940s onwards, probably about 6 or 8 FE/FCs. It appears someone still lives behind the garage - there were some signs of life including a few (still apparently alive) early Commonbores behind the garage, but the old stuff pictured way down the back appeared undisturbed for quite some time. Didnt jump the fence for a close look - a few locals looking like extra's out of "Deliverance" and carrying shotguns  instilled a certain amount of reluctance on my part to investigate further....
Cheers
jack

jack_fc

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 03:19:48 PM »

Alex,
Sorry, on further investigation, its not Cradock, its TEROWIE SA, about 60 k's north of Burra.
Cheers
jack

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: