FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 26, 2024, 04:12:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 57 or 58 FC?  (Read 3503 times)
Duds

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: June 29, 2007, 09:03:34 PM »

Hi, I'm new here and have just purchased an FC Ute.
Rego papers say it's a 1957 year build as do the dots in the glass on the window (according to a guy that loves old Holdens) But all the places I go to say the FC wasn't built till 58
Rego papers say Year 1958 Make Holden Model FC58A
All very confusing.
Anyone able to help on this?  :-/
Cheers
Duds
actually to add  to that... it also says Variant FC58C and Vin is FC27027S. Apparently built in Sydney
thanks Smiley
« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 09:30:39 PM by Duds » Logged
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 12:29:21 AM »

Duds,

Welcome to the site.

The FC was introduced on May 6, 1958, in all body-styles. You wouldn't have the first set of incorrect rego papers there :-/

These cars pre-date VINs by a long long time. That code is otherwise known as the chassis number, and suggest to me that it is almost certainly a 1959 model - or it's had a replacement sub-frame at some point. It could also have had a replacement windscreen as well, so neither of those numbers are 100% reliable.

If you go to this page, you can punch in the details from the ID plate on the firewall, the chassis and engine numbers, and it will tell you all sorts of (hopefully) interesting things about your ute.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Duds

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 07:21:56 AM »

thanks for that! the RTA will oneday sell me a plate I spose when it all gets some clarity to it.
As the vehicle is at a workshop getting a few things sorted I couldn't just duck out and check the plate.....I live in the country....place called Come-By-Chance...and it's at Tamworth about 3 1/2 hours away....but did get a bit off the plate... FC 2106 6285 S
if only I could find the grey motor out of it......but it's in a tip somewhere......burried probably
Anyway, again, thankyou for that info...appreciate it
Cheers
Duds
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007, 11:19:03 AM »

Hey Duds
Welcome to the forum.
Look forward to hearing more about your FC ute and what you are doing to get it back on the road.
Regards
Alex

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2007, 12:57:38 AM »

The numbers indicate that it is very early January 1959 - just after the chassis number code was changed to "FC"

Ken
Duds

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2007, 07:03:36 AM »

again..many thanks....I rang the guy I bought it off to see if he still had the original motor but no go...hoping when I get it home there's something I can find that will tell me. It has always been a country ute and has always been garaged...not a bubble of rust anywhere..but it has been worked on....It was rebuilt in 1997 by a Glen Innes firm and I have that paperwork and engineers cirtificate. It drives like a new one. Went to the Gold Coast for Wintersun once and then only to get annual rego...and a wedding....
anyway..a few picture tells a thousand words....
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/1957-Holden-FC-Ute_W0QQitemZ320131123933QQihZ011QQcategoryZ135454QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: