FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 27, 2024, 05:34:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC convert in Brisbane  (Read 2939 times)
customFC
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« on: June 26, 2007, 10:46:57 AM »

I just had a pic sent to me by a mate in Qld. Apparently this FC convertible is a new car on the scene around the Brisbane area. Looks to have all the cool vert features nailed. Just a few finishing touches to go.

Regards
Alex

Brad

Model: FC

My FC Van in 1986 and I still have It

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 09:14:19 PM »

I wonder how that got through a engineers report . Side impact /roll over ect? Looks good. I 'll have to keep an eye out for it.
    Brad.

Id rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labotomy
cruiser056
qld-club

cruisin to the rock and roll

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 04:30:54 AM »

Hi all,
          The owners of this  car are recent new members of the Qld club.  The car has been in Brisbane for approx 7 years and was brought over from WA.  Apparently the car was converted in Victoria and also registered in WA.

Apparently there were no problems with registering in Qld.

Michael
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 06:27:55 AM »

There's two of these and I'm not exactly sure which one this is.

One of them belongs to Simon P.. who used to be a member of the NSW Club, before moving up to Qld.

It looked like this when he was a member of our club:

When it was finished it looked like this:

(This car was featured in a "Blast from the Past" segment in Sideplate last year.)

As I mentioned, there are two of them. Here they are together (what a great photo - did I mention Simon is a professional photographer?  Grin)

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 07:22:25 AM »

Engineering requirements are fairly liberal for convertibles as long as they are not classed as an "individually constructed" car. Since the precedent exists that convertibles of the era do not have roll over protection, then it is not required for a converted vehicle.
Side impact bars are limited to a brace inside the door similar to modern cars.
An "individually constructed" car is one where there is no base structure from an existing vehicle. Examples are Cobra kit cars and the like - these vehicles must meet all current ADR's.  Another example is a hot rod made from a fibreglass body and repro rails. This is why a lot of effort goes into convincing an engineer that your hot rod's rails are genuine (pretty hard to convince an engineer that the  fibreglass body is real!)
Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: