FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 26, 2024, 02:27:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Proof of Ownership...  (Read 5110 times)
Chisel

Flame Trees

View Profile
« on: June 25, 2007, 04:46:45 AM »

Hi members...
                   I am currently in the process of restoring my FC Ute. We all know this takes the unlimited pouring of money into vehicle which will hopefully be finished one day. Whilst I was doing some work on the vehicle the other day I was wondering how can I prove that I own it?? The ute was purchased by me about 15 years ago from a person who's name I can not remember. It had not been registered since 1979. I was given a receipt for it but that was lost years ago. I was thinking if I go to the RTA to register the ute I don't really have any proof of ownership for it. I don't want to get to the stage where I cant register it because I don't have a bill of sale or similar. Does anyone know how to get around this... or will a 'stat dec' suffice??
Thanks
Greg
tin_roof

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 05:06:22 AM »

I went through the same thing a few years back with an HR. I went to the RTA with the Application for Registration form and the Blueslip and they did not ask for anything else. I may have caught them on a good day!
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 05:34:22 AM »

Same in SA for an unregistered vehicle, for my FE I needed to take it for a ID check to make sure it wasn't on any "Stolen Vehicle Lists" (we all know what happened there  Roll Eyes )
For a car that was more recently out of rego they said I'd need a receipt.

Brad

Model: FC

My FC Van in 1986 and I still have It

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 06:02:55 AM »

Hey Greg
  If it was me and I was 100% sure everything was legal with the sale I would  " find "  the receipt.  But I would put the seller down as a good mate whom I had known for over the 15 years. The mate who you were with when HE bought the car 15 years ago and then sold onto you at a later date. Of course you'r mate lost his receipt years ago  Wink . Also I wouldn't offer up the receipt unless asked for it.
      It's probably not legal and I'm not suggesting that you break the law but It's what I would most likely do in the same circumstances with no other options.
                           Brad.

Id rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labotomy
FB_MAD

I can't think what to write here so this will do.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 07:18:05 AM »

I've  "found " a lot of cars at the local rubbish dump Wink

Terry

Has anybody seen my red pen??
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 08:40:47 PM »

damm good idea there Brad.

2 years agao i re-registered a motorbike.. didnt have a receipt.

the RTA asked for one, so I walked to the back counter wrote one out in a mates name (who i did happen to buy it off) and then went back to the cashier with receipt in hand.

she says "this wasnt the last owner.."

I replied "OK but i bought the bike oiff this guy"

and she registered the bike!

so get creative! lol

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
Chisel

Flame Trees

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2007, 09:59:53 PM »

Thanks members...
                      I just wanted to get some advice  if there was a "proper" way to get around the no receipt issue.
Anyway... You wouldn't believe it ... this morning I was working on the glove box area ... and I "found" the receipt.. Well bugger me....

Thanks for your help. That is one less problem I have to worry about. Now I can concentrate of the 50,000 other problems we all encounter whilst restoring an FC..

Cheers
Greg.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: