FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:29:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Alfio Black Beauty 058  (Read 70785 times)
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« on: June 20, 2007, 03:38:51 AM »

Hi! All Hope you all doing well. This is a picture when i first purchase the car. This is my next project for the next

National 2008. It's all been strip and plastic blasted and ech primed ready for the next stage. I will post picture as

i go along. Hope you enjoy my next project. All you all in 2008.

Cheers

Alfio M

Okk here we go  just got back from the plastic blasters,all done excpet under the roof and the boot floor,which it will

go back again later after taken of the hood line, all those padding had to come off for there were surface rust there

as well,and in the boot area were there is hard tar in the inner lower rear quatures are. as you can see bare shell,l

explain how plastic blasting works,it only just removes the paint does not touch the metal,does not heat the metal or

pits the metal,then after the plastic blasting he use garnet ,which is a fine grit just to take of those stubbin

trouble rust areas,such as around the screens were the moulds strips,etc.it the only best way of removing paint and

rust areas.with out harming the metal. p.s plz dont take note of the date of the pic  

next pic, onces the whole been plastic blaters and garnet the rust areas ,it get a coat of keyphoste, which is a

coating of protection thats put on right after the blasting over the metal,its a transparent coat,it normaly last up to

3 months as long its under cover no water must not go there,if you life beside the sea ech primer it ASAP.A MUST.if you

dont apply a ech primer and you start the body work ,it best to use surgical gloves,as you contains sait and sweats,it

will harm the metal. best way is to ech it ASAP ,it still a go idea to put the protections coating its a provention.l

will talk about whats it the best ech primering later on.

Now were ready to preparing the metal for ech priming,now TAKE NOTE each paint company,as there own procecudure of

there application of ech priming on metals,it is very important to stick to there ways.In my case l use spice heacker

which one of the best paint systems. as you can see this pic l have use a stripper disc, which some people call it sea

weed disc.other paints like dulux or as we call ppg now GO USA. use dexodine ,which is a metal conditoner.like l said

use the what they say. next pic will be the ech priming stages .cheers from AlfioM take care and happy restorationing

,stay turn for next stage  p.s the metal is not scared it a fine sanding it does not heat as long you use it right.it

cleans the metal really well,as u can see very clean make sure you were gloves

Now were ready to 2 pack ech primer the body shell,its all been sanded down with my stripper disc,in she goes in my new

spray booth,WOW so cool  sorry got carry away.next pic

we are ready for prepsol the whole shell,make sure you use the same brand prepsol of the paint brand you use,first of

all wear you full overall suit,wear you mask, and your surgical gloves, all ways make sure you are clean and dust and

silicon free. l run the booth and run it on 30 degre, then l blow of the any dust with my air blower before l prepsol

the surfaces,l use wips appying my prepsol. it a special paper cloth we use for wiping on and off prepsol NOTE if you

use rages make sure there wash,if not it could have silicon and you will have fisheyes ,which means the paint will not

sick on the surfaces.  next pic will be starting ech priming cheers from AlfioM

« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 10:26:06 AM by stinky » Logged

Guru

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 03:40:18 AM »

Hey everyone , now the body is ready,now the panels,show you all the mudgurd,and the boot lid,this first pic is the

mudgurd,as you can see l also use the striper disc in side the panels,to get the best job ,its is so importent to blast

inside and underneath the panels,thats were it normally start to rust were the drain holes are eather block up with

dirt or with underbody sealers,with the Black FC shell the rear lower quatur panels ,and the rear beaver panel (were

the petrol cap is ) l found rust under the tar sealer from Factory,you may wonder how do l now this ,well when you pick

off the tar sealer you can see shiny metal form new,they musted seal the cars then painted,it should be the other way

around. p.s yes its a FE mud guard,not now.  

now you see the out side ,all clean metal,mudgurd are very hard to find real good one l have lot of guards, l pick the

best l have to do this FC,  
,if you are doing a nice FE or FC try to get the best panels you can .this panel is now ready for prepsol and eching

with 2 to 1 mix.

next we have the boot ,as you can see all been plasic blasted,then l run over a soft wire wheel, not the striper disc,

the FE and FC boot lids are common rust area is under the panel were the boot key lock is ,making sure is very clean

,what l do is before l ech the shell and the panels ,l use a rust converter call (white night ) from bunning wearhouse.

it a sealer,and a primer as well,either you brush it ,or you get a pump bottle and go for it ,then you ech it , when

the whole job is finished then you can use cavity wax over it,thats all for tonite stay tune next stage cheers from

AlfioM P.S l will show you all the tools and matrials l use to help a long.

here are more pic of the underneath  ready for ech priming,as you can see all been all plastc blasterd and prepsol and

ready to go , with underneath the car you dont need to sand it, to many hard to get areas,this is the perfect way of

preparations of blasting, and coated with metal primer ,so all you need to do is give it a good prepsol to clean the

the metal .

the bonnet ready underneath for ech priming ,every step i do the out side the for ech priming i do underneath and

inside all panels.

doors ready to ech primed . very clean rust free and only a few dent which l show you how l repaired them.

rear shot of the car  both rear qurtuar panels few minor dents and rear beaver panel bit of rust needs replaced on the

outer lower corner of the both rear qurtuer panels and under neath of the both rear tail of the beaver panel very minor

very clean ready for ech priming. cheers from AlfioM

okk let get back into the resto enough talking now,about   ,now after all the steps ,we have ech primer appled,this ech

primer is a 2 to 1 mix.it called Hepox it used for older metal. its a Spice Hecker product.you do not need to use metal

conditioner.onces you apply two coats ,then its baked for 45 mins ,on 60 degre.

plz do not take noties of the date, ,of these pics,as you can see all ready for repairing. l normally let the ech

primer dry for few weeks,even after the bake.

the floors are in good order few area need attentions,other wise not to bad.  the sill panel been replaced l prefitted

the doors before it was blasted and like Fast eddy said it best to use thr same doors.  makes life a lot easyer.  

underneath all done nice and clean,all underneath will be painted in 2 to 1 satton black, no stone gaurd, all under

neath will be as good as the out side.  any dents will be nock out and primed and rub down like the out side.there will

be a few hours   Note the inner rear quarturs very clean no rust ,and the spare tyre.see you all next time cheers from

AlfioM  

Guru

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 03:41:42 AM »

For the benefit of the members who requested that the build up photos of Alfio's latest project be reinstated, here they are. Note all the other discussion has been removed.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 12:57:47 AM by ret » Logged

the_love_god

DARK & STORMY

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2007, 08:38:30 PM »

Smiley hey every one well im back  Roll Eyes,hope you all doing well,thank you for watching my post will contuie soon,cheers Alfiom Cheesy
2brite
wa-club

Cruizin's devine in a '59

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 10:27:39 AM »

I really really really look forward to seeing more of this project.

For a serious rebuild this way is the only way to go.

Keep up the good work and welcome back.

Cheers Nunzio  Cool
the_love_god

DARK & STORMY

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 09:56:33 AM »

Hi every on hope you all doing Smiley well,now we are up to the stage of repairing dents and rust ,i have a tool call a easy beat,as you can see it will pull out dent were it hard to get at, Shocked,it a great l tool i have,in my work shop,
the_love_god

DARK & STORMY

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 10:03:43 AM »

as you can here with the boot lid,you can see little weld ring,that were the dent were,onces im happy with the easy beat machine ,then i run a metal file ,NOTE make sure you use the right file ,there ia a body filler file ,you can tell ,the metal file is closer fileblade than the wider is body filler blade.i run the file over the area were it needs it.cool  Cheesy
the_love_god

DARK & STORMY

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2007, 10:13:42 AM »

the metal file should be easy to cut into the high area of the metal,what i do is ,use a black maker and put the panel out side between the shade and the sun you will see were are the high and low area of the panel,you must were gloves ,do not use you bare hand over the metal ,you will leave rust stains on the metal,i were disposable latex gloves.its the best to use ,you can still be able to feel the dented areas,
the_love_god

DARK & STORMY

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2007, 10:18:43 AM »

this door had a crest right along ,as you can see the easy beat pull out ,very little body filler.
the_love_god

DARK & STORMY

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2007, 10:24:23 AM »

D/S mudgard ,l try to use the best panel l have for this black Beauty,both mud guard peaks are perfect.hope you enjoy the pic and info tonite ,take care and will post more off how i do rust repairs cheers From AlfioM Cool
Rusty_T
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2007, 07:39:39 AM »

Grin Grin

Alfio,

That's a cool tool. Your project looks good too.

Cheers Rusty

« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 10:44:28 PM by ret » Logged
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2007, 10:29:50 PM »

Hi Alfio
Hows the progress with Black Beauty going, its been a while since your last update. I know that there are many forum members that benifit from you showing us some tricks of the trade.

Cheers Jim

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
tin_roof

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2007, 08:08:14 PM »

One word, envious. After seeing the demo car at All Holden Day today, I really wish I'd done my trade in Panel Beating /Spray Painting instead of Mechanics.
the_love_god

DARK & STORMY

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2007, 07:47:09 AM »

Hey Tin_roof, never to late to learn, there a few guys in our club of the N.S.W like leon spicer with the two FE his done him self GREAT JOB AAAAAAAAAAAA ,all you need is a lot of  Cool to do paint and panel cheers Alfio
graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2007, 08:03:47 AM »

Hi Alf,
Great display at the All Holden Day mate well done very informative.
Cheers,
Graham
Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2007, 08:20:58 AM »

Alf,

Pity I missed your display and AHD.
that Easy Beat looks like a handy tool, I've often heard Fatboy singing it's praises too.
Cheers

Ed

in the shed
GMB-58FC

Model: FC

Stage one complete...

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2007, 01:27:27 AM »

Any update at all Alfio???

Cheers Ben

ABS Hobart- 6231 5855

FOR ALL YOUR BRAKE & CLUTCH NEEDS. 

PM FOR QUOTE
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2007, 06:07:34 PM »

I understand Alf has had a family emergency with his father suddenly taking ill. I'm sure we would all wish him a full and speedy recovery.

RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2007, 07:19:58 PM »

Hope your Dads ok Alf.
Gary
the_love_god

DARK & STORMY

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2007, 07:54:00 PM »

thank you his fine now  Smiley thank you for caring cheers AlfioM,just to let every know i have been very busy with my work shop,and had no time with my black FC ,i am going to the next nat next year,with a car some how,sorry if i have disapoint anyone ,the only thing i can do if i am allowed is ,show club members how i do restorations by stages in my work shop,the oly way is put a poll up,and let the members decide.i will wait for the amittersraters to let me know ,cheers AlfioM Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: