FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 06:31:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Barn Finds  (Read 11482 times)
Jason

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: June 18, 2007, 10:16:29 PM »

How would you like to have brought this property?

Imagine you're going to live in Portugal.
You find a lovely farmhouse set on a decent plot of land.  
The place
has been empty for 15 years...
While exploring your new property you find a large barn.
The door is padlocked and welded shut and it's all rusted
solid.
So you grind the padlock and the welds off and.........

http://www.intuh.net/barnfinds/afa70.htm]

Cheers
Jason
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 10:58:11 PM »

Unbelievable Shocked

Compare that to the disappointment of the Tulsa Time Capsule opened yesterday in Oklahoma...

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Sheriff
qld-club

FEs rule!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 12:02:44 AM »

Thief? Collector?  either with bad taste...not a FE or FC in sight!  Huh  (or a bad memory - forgot where he left them.)   Not a bad super fund though.   Cool Mike.
graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007, 01:23:24 AM »

WOW what a Shed.
cheers,
Graham
v8 wagon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2007, 05:58:02 AM »

Try this for a find?

http://www.rense.com/general75/germ2.htm
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2007, 06:29:52 AM »

If there's ever been a good reason for soiling yourself,I think walking into that shed and seeing that would be it.Agree with Sheriff though,wish they were FC's.Don't reckon you'd complain too much though.... Shocked

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
FB_MAD

I can't think what to write here so this will do.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2007, 07:23:05 AM »

Pretty amazing to see that T-34 tank ( in V8 Wagons link ) in that condition after 56 years underwater.I guess the meters of peat on top of it plus the cold kept the oxidising process at bay.
Even more amazing is they got the damn thing running without replacing any parts!! Shocked Shocked Shocked

Terry.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 07:24:26 AM by FB_MAD » Logged

Has anybody seen my red pen??
Rob_FE_56

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2007, 09:07:41 AM »

What a wicked find!

The unknown tourer is a 28 Chev.

The car that was said to be a Chev master is actually a '39     Plymouth. I have one the same.

I don't think it's a shame at all that there are no Fe-Fc's there. Just means that there's more of them here for us!

Cheers, Rob.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 09:08:33 AM by Rob_FE_56 » Logged
minifcvan
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2007, 04:03:49 AM »

what interesting finds luck buggers.. thanks for posting them..
cheers mark
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 04:04:42 AM by minifcvan » Logged
tin_roof

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2007, 02:45:58 AM »

I heard this story a couple of years ago, still don't know how valid it is because I can't find any info about it on the net. This is how it goes -

A Member of a Packard Club in America, also a railroad buff, attended a local auction of disused rail road artifacts that sat in an old isolated rail road siding. The siding sat alongside a disused freight train line that had not been in operation for many years and in most places the tracks themselves were buried through the sands of time. The county was clearing the site and the tracks for developement and they held an auction to dispose of the items.

This particular member noticed that there were a couple of old goods carriages still on the tracks in the siding and thought, amongst other things, they might look alright displayed on his ranch. Assuming they were empty, as they were not in the best condition, he bid and bought them for next to nothing.

Upon removal (using a crane and trucks) the carriages were broken open just to make sure they were empty and that nothing would move during the procedure. So what did they find?.......2 cars covered and tied down, both of them turned out to be 1930's something Packard's which had apparently gone astray during transport from the factory to a dealer in the 1930's.

Allegedly, both Packard's were in 'as new' condition apart from minor paint damage and flat tyres etc!

Well, a very interesting story, but it raises several obvious questions to me. An 'Urban Myth' or true story, I'd like to see or hear more about it.  Huh

thanks.
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2007, 08:53:00 AM »

Hey Tin-roof
I believe it to be an urban myth. Similar stories are told by Ford, Chevy and Chrysler guys over the years. Then there is the 1 about a train carrying 32 Fords that went into a lake and the boxcars are just waiting at the bottom to be discovered.
Regards
Alex

Hewart
nsw-club

Holden on forever...

profile.php?id=1071847991 hewart
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2007, 06:00:50 AM »

Awesome barn Jason!! Possibly too many to find at once.... where would you start!!?? Pity they aren't Holdens!!

I hadn't heard about the story tin_roof mentioned, but while reading about Alex's story about the boxcar at the bottom of the lake on another forum, and similar to that tank, I found this beauty Wink
http://sio.midco.net/lloydfsd/truck.html

But, I have heard another rumour about a long-lost boxcar train carriage with Holdens on it...!! Maybe Spinner knows more.

Apparently up at Dorrigo (Northern NSW) there's a train museum - not open to the public yet - that has amongst its collection of locomotives and rolling stock, a car-carrying wagon with 6 Holden on it...!! A 48/215, FJ, FE, FC, EK and HG. Not sure how long they've been there, but it's been a few years AFAIK...

http://www.dsrm.org.au/  (under the list of "other exhibits")

One day hopefully it'll be open to the public... I'd love to see some pics of that one day if someone manages to talk the fellow around who runs it!!

Cheers
Les....

customFC
nsw-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2007, 07:22:21 AM »

Cool story and pics Les.
Regards
Alex

tin_roof

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2007, 06:57:00 AM »

Yeah, I love a good yarn. Any other's out there?
Russ

mmm dohnuts

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2007, 07:33:40 PM »

what a "Barn" frecin factory more like... bit spooky,

It has come to my atention that some where south of darwin there is a station that was used as a bombing range during the war and a mock convoy was set up for straifing practice, this included chevy trucks T models and the like, but thanks to the fact that most of the new recruits couldnt shoot most of the convoy is still in tact albeit surrounded buy UEO (un exploded ordinances) and driving vehclies on this property is not a smart move. i heard this from a mate who went pigging with one of the sons of the property owner who has been there once but forgot where it was HuhHuhHuh? maybe Tongue

Ford boy with a FC weakness!!!
Jason

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2007, 10:15:08 PM »

Another Yarn /Truth.

Growing up in Toowoomba we heard many stories about buried spitfires out near Oakey...many  searches were conducted, one even involved the Oakey shire council as reported in their minutes.

Seeking Council permission for a small bore hole or low key excavation being conducted on
Council land in York Street, Oakey.
The reason for the excavation is that I believe there are six spitfire aircraft buried on this site. I
have contacted David Mulckey who investigated this area in 2005. Using modern equipment which
operates on resonant frequencies you are able to search for specific materials.
I have inspected the site and located the trench and using aircraft grade aluminium, steel and silver
frequencies determined that six aircraft were there.
Council previously approved large scale excavation by Mr David Mulckey which was unsuccessful.
I therefore see no reason to refuse this latest attempt, however unlikely success may seem...(http://www.jondaryan.qld.gov.au/minutes/20070123minutes.pdf..)

On Pop's farm he had many items from aircraft, I remember watching the chick's (baby chickens) grow up in aircraft canopies. Many items were picked up by the public which included wooden propellers.  Before he died he still had parts in grease proof paper in the milk shed. There are other stories of one of the old mines being used as a dumping ground for parts still some still in boxes. (always wanted to check this out!)

It was always fun checking out the farm as a kid and pretending to drive grandad's old chev's..

Cheers - J
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2007, 09:57:43 AM »

Hey Jason
Grandad's old Chevs may just be the treasure you seek.
Regards
Alex

Wayne
nsw-club
Guru

I Love my FE

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2007, 12:48:37 AM »

Hi Alex
How would you like to have a 63 Cadillac 2 door  left hand drive there is one in my carport no not mine it is the son. He brought it last week Big car.
WAYNE
Blown_FC

FC Holdens & Mini Coopers....Cars of the Century

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2007, 04:03:53 AM »

iT'S ME HERE....YEAH, I'M STILL ALIVE !

JUST CAME ACCROSS THIS ONCE IN A LIFETIME FIND AND HAVE JUST MAVELLED AT THE PICS.

I NOTED SOME DISSAPOINTMENT AT THERE BEING NO FE/FC'S.....BUT.......USE YOUR IMAGINATION AND LOOK AT SLIDE 21.   THE DESCRIPTION OF THE CAR JUST SAYS....IT'S A CAR....AN OLD ONE !    THINK IT'S A KARMANN GHIA VW, BUT CHECK OUT THE CAR IN FRONT OF IT.

CHECK OUT THE REAR BOOT BADGE, CHECK OUT THE SHAPE OF THE REAR LIGHT CLUSTER HOLDER, CHECK OUT THE LINES OF THE ROOF BACK WINDOW ECT.

tAKE OFF THE EURO PLATE AND IF I DIDN;T KNOW ANY BETTER, I'D SAY WE WOULD BE LOOKING AT DARE I SAY IT Huh?

MARK
minifcvan
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2007, 12:05:18 PM »

Hey Tin-roof
I believe it to be an urban myth. Similar stories are told by Ford, Chevy and Chrysler guys over the years. Then there is the 1 about a train carrying 32 Fords that went into a lake and the boxcars are just waiting at the bottom to be discovered.
Regards
Alex

hi all a couple of years ago a train derailed on the nullabour full of cars fridges ect. and they dug a huge hole and pushed them all in because it was cheaper than trying to recover them... true story   but got nothing to do with what you are talking about hehe
Cheers Mark
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: