FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 08:26:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Modified?  (Read 5573 times)
SX2002

View Profile
« on: June 09, 2007, 05:03:10 AM »

Looking at this forum as a Newbie, It seems a lot of FE, FC owners modify their cars.....is this the norm amongst the clubs, or is there a hardcore group that keeps their cars original? (If not original, restored to original specs)
Are modified vehicles readily accepted at shows and in club events?
Cheers,
Ron.

Ron Johnson
Sporting Car Club of South Australia
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2007, 05:45:59 AM »

Ron,

I can't speak for all the clubs, but certainly the trend in NSW has been back towards stockies and restorations.  Six years ago the ratio would have been about 50:50, but it's closer to 60:40 stock:modified these days.

I would be surprised if any of the other eastern states were dramatically different.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
JB
qld-club
Guru

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2007, 08:11:47 AM »

And the bit RET missed Rod, everyone is accepted at our respective club events.  Grin Grin

Cheers
Jason.

Phone +64 223509263
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2007, 09:23:30 AM »

Probably more restos than modifieds in the SA Club, collecta, myself and maybe one or two others were the only modifieds at the last SA Show and Shine. I can't say I've seen any discrimination yet.

TAYZ
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2007, 10:21:32 AM »

Go the modified's!!!!!  we dont all want to be pulling our shorts and socks up too high!!!!!!!!

tayz
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2007, 09:10:46 AM »

Modified, sure am. They are such a great looking car they only need a mechanical upgrade to make them drive as good as they look. It's so nice to have a car that's able to steer and stop, without holding your breath, makes the drive even finer and you're made to feel welcome by all standard or modified members. We all love our FE's & FC's

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
SX2002

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2007, 09:18:35 PM »

I'm not so much concerned with discrimination as with historic rego.
Owning two other cars (daily drives) it is much cheaper for me to go the historic route.
My original FC was slightly modified (lowered, verticle bars removed from grille. floor shift, twin Strombergs, 6.5" rims. modified interior, tacho on dash, exhaust, etc, etc) and I'm not against it at all.
Yes, a great looking car for sure....that's why I am after another one!
Cheers,
Ron.

Ron Johnson
Sporting Car Club of South Australia
cajerridoc
sa-club

Model: FE and FC

WHAT TO DRIVE TODAY?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2007, 05:42:53 AM »

All FE and FC owners and followers are welcome in our club.

There would be around 15% - 20% modified cars in the SA club.

Mind you I have 20 odd standard cars that helps to tip the balance toward the standards.

I like modified cars because they help make the standard ones become rarer and it is interesting to see what people are thinking with their mods.

The membership fee for metro members is $50 and country is $40. Country applies if you get country rego.

Robin
Treasurer
FE-FC Holden Car Club SA Inc.

The sticker says "I'd rather push my Ford than drive a Holden". I agree, I'd rather they pushed their Ford than drive MY Holdens!
HAD 708

Holdens and the Mighty Woodsmen truly magnificent

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2007, 09:41:43 PM »

I would argree with RET that the Originals are back on the more popular side lately though that can change fairly quickly and often for no real reason. It often changes with the demographic of the club. The Vic club currently has a membership of over 140 and we would at a estimate be running a 50/50 split with the original modified groups maybe with a slight lean to the originals.Though under no circumstances do we have a choice or a bias to the modified level or not of the vehicle. To us as a club it is a fantastic thrill too have as many FE FC cars in existence as possible.
Cheers
Brett

Brett Gillard
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2007, 02:31:46 AM »

I'm not so much concerned with discrimination as with historic rego.

In that case it's all about what the rules are in your home state.  What's acceptable for Historic Rego varies enormously from state to state.

I believe SA is one of the toughest on originality, but a local could give you the good oil.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Hotlips
sa-club

I love my EFFEE

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2007, 02:49:06 AM »

Thanks RET, Yes S.A. has just about the strictest rules regarding Historic Rego and they will not allow just about anything that deters from originality (I think seatbelts are one exception) - if you like you can check with me (under SA clubs) and I can give you our Hist Fed members who are in charge of this important part of our club.  Cheers Hotlips (Kathy Textor)

I am woman, hear me ROAR - "vrrmm vrrmm"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: