FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:24:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC Advert  (Read 12709 times)
FE_225

View Profile
« on: October 03, 2002, 04:34:06 AM »

Here's a nice one.
I think I found it at the National Library site

Cheers
Tony

Worried about fuel economy?....Then buy a push bike!
Cat
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2002, 02:05:59 AM »

What an absolute beauty!  Shocked
How cool would it be if we could reproduce these!  Is there some way we could organise to get a set of posters, say a selection of three of the favourites as voted by us or something, and get the OK from Holden to do a print run - if we funded it of course...?  Sales could then cover costs...........  Cool
What does everyone else think?  I for one would love to have a few of these on the walls at my place...
Cat

Zoom zoom!
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2002, 05:49:27 AM »

I'm pretty sure you can buy prints from the National Australian Archives (and probably from the State Library of Victoria as well).  Not sure how big they go, but you can blow a print up yourself.....

Do a search on "archives" and you'll find a series of original pix from these sites linked here.  This one is one of my faves...

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
normd

6 in a row , the way to "GO"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2002, 08:09:54 AM »

Hi RET,
       Would there be anyway of making a calendar with the adverts/pictures on it (using the copyright laws of course) to sell to raise money for the club , don't know whether it would be worth approaching GMH , as a "Promo" . to see if they would come to the party as well. Huh? ( They might have more pics in their archives)
       Just an Idea

Norm  

I Love My "FC" 192 . Old but still a "Rev Head"

R.I.P. Norm - A Great Mate to Everyone on the Forum.
Cat
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2002, 11:27:02 PM »

I think the calendar is a great idea - one of those ones that is A3 sized on glossy paper would be grouse!! Do you think Holden would be interested?  I guess not unless it's a special anniversary  Cry

ret I'm going to have a sticky beak on the National Archives site...from what you guys have found it looks like it's pretty good.  And I think Alex has been hiding his talent in this department!  Actually you all have found some great stuff...I'm just waiting for the original Poo Chariot advertisement to be posted..... Grin

Cat

Zoom zoom!
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2002, 09:09:44 PM »

I'd be happy enough to do another calendar for the club(s), (and would probably have to start thinking about it soon!)

However, we did a calendar after the Nats with full colour etc and they didn't sell particularly well at all.  I've still got some of the bloody things taking up space in my office Sad

So IMHO it's not worth shelling out big bucks for glossy print etc, because we simply can't sell enough of them to recoup the cost, not to mention the cost of licensing the images (if we were to use pix from the SLV or NAA).

Old ads on the other hand, are not something we would have to worry too much about copyright on, and being predominantly black and white anyway, could be printed at a reasonable price.  Our club has done calendars at different times in previous years.  Would a calendar full of old FE/FC ads appeal to people?

[edit: my 400th post!  Surely I must have some work to do Roll Eyes]
« Last Edit: October 09, 2002, 09:12:00 PM by ret » Logged

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
normd

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2002, 03:38:01 PM »

RET
     Nothing fancy, B & W  would be fine , maybe in order 48/215 JAN , FJ FEB , FE MAR  Wink , FC APRIL , etc.  this would create interest in other clubs . (I can supply unusual pics of EH's)
  Having been self-employed in retail for 16 yrs I got used to the old equasion "Cost = Return". Using this formula would give a "larger" sales area . Know I haven't been in here all that long , sorry if I'm trying to "Sell Fridges to Eskimo's"      hehehe
(Please let me know if I'm on the wrong track)

Norm d

(Hey just noticed "51 posts" Full member, thanx)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2002, 03:40:18 PM by normd » Logged

Effie C

Model: other Holden

Still Lost & Confused

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2002, 01:41:09 AM »

I'd be happy enough to do another calendar for the club(s), (and would probably have to start thinking about it soon!)
Would a calendar full of old FE/FC ads appeal to people?

Great idea RET
I will sound out the club at tonights meeting
John M

LIVE LIFE ONE DAY AT A TIME,FOR TOMORROW MAY NEVER COME!

Photo Site:http://img53.photobucket.com/albums/v161/EffieC/
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2002, 11:17:35 PM »

How's this for a sample?  It would probably be double-sided A4 pages in landscape, so A3 on the wall.

This example shows NSW club info and NSW holidays.  I'd need to get the info for other states from somewhere....

cheers
RET

Cat
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2002, 01:14:47 AM »

Shocked  Oooohhhhhhh yessssss, that looks wonderful!!! Count me in.  ret, you are an absolute ledgend  Kiss
If you need any assistance I'd be happy to help in any way I can.
From one Very Happy Catty  Grin

Zoom zoom!
fcfromscratch
wa-club

FC - Fantastic Cars

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2002, 02:50:19 AM »

Hi,

I too "found" a copy of the "ship" advert that Tony has posted at the top of this thread...it's a beauty!

A calendar is a great idea, I would take several over here in Perth RET...(depending on cost)

What sort of cost are you thinking, $5, $10, $20, $50?

Brad
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2002, 03:59:10 AM »

Price?

Probably between $10 and $15, depending on quality of paper used, number printed, number of colour pages (if any) etc etc.

Donations of $50 would be gratefully accepted, of course Wink

cheers
RET

Wayne
nsw-club
Guru

I Love my FE

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2002, 04:44:02 AM »

The calender looks great it would attract a lot of attention with people that are not in the club and admire the old holdens. We should try to sell them at the car shows as well.
WAYNE Smiley
normd

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2002, 11:09:38 AM »

RET ,
    "Bingo" a copy here for me  (you sold one already Grin) I should be able to move a few more too , even though it's only a small town here .

Looks great mate

Norm d

fcvan

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2002, 11:11:45 AM »

Nice job RET.  You're too good at this stuff.   I too would be after a copy.  I like how your sample has the Nasco bit off to the side. It's abit out of the ordinary. (not just a car pic only) Well done Grin Grin

ps  please if you do go ahead with it, include a van. Wink
      Now you'll get everyone asking for their prefered  model, oops
cheers
miikael
fcfromscratch
wa-club

FC - Fantastic Cars

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2002, 12:00:44 PM »

Hey RET,

could I please get a copy of the Nats calendar from you?

...was it a 2002 calendar?  

Brad
brads59

OLD OLDENS=STYLE

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2002, 08:49:02 AM »

Wow RET, youve stirred up a hornets nest here mate i will take a few of them there calenders.Great idea.
LOVE IT.... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Keep us posted on how they are going,im willing to pay in advance if need be for cost of printing etc....
Dont be surprised if we all hassle you on how they are coming along Wink.
Anyway wont keep you i know your busy gathering material for them calendars Wink.Cheers .....BRAD....

1959 Black Std sedan
Hewart
nsw-club

Model: FC

Holden on forever...

profile.php?id=1071847991 hewart
View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2002, 10:48:49 AM »

G'day all...
Just got back from holidays to find this great new section up and running, not to mention this topic...
I reckon a calendar is a great idea, and like everyone else would definately be in market for one when (or if) one gets up....  Grin either this year or next... and as for getting Holden involved, how about the 2006 calendar for the FEs 50th Anniversary....!!!?
  Over the years I've talked about calendars for our club with Stacey. In the SSEHCC we've obviously got a few more models to choose from, and as mentioned earlier, would help attract interest from further afield than just in our own clubs. And like Richard has already discussed, Stacey and I had similar reservations about the idea – cost, picture choices that look good, sell well and keep the majority happy (everyone wants at least one of thier own vehicles covered - me included Grin).... It's always hard to raise money in clubs, and it's hard to ask the same people all the time for their financial support too.
  On the bright side, the pre-press side of it should keep costs down... Richard already has a great handle on it (I too would like to offer you any help you need RET if I can help in any way...).
 I guess one thing I could say, if the "project" does focus only on the FE/FC models, that we aim for a little variation in the images.... by that I mean some old ads (love 'em), maybe some production line shots (also love 'em!), old everyday street shots, and maybe even setting up a few shots using some of the better club cars? You know the perfect shot from a club run to a country town, out front of that old classic Aussie building...!?.... As for the cost of printing, B&W would be cheapest, but maybe the occasional use of a sepia coloured duo-tone might help lift some months...
  Anyway, thats my 3¢ worth... keen to hear about futher progress....and thoughts.....
Cheers..
Les.....

Hewart
nsw-club

Model: FC

Holden on forever...

profile.php?id=1071847991 hewart
View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2002, 11:41:49 AM »

G'day again...
I was just thinking that maybe the better idea first up would be to aim for a poster print run.... Being October we may have already run out of time to get a calendar selling well for 2003. Like what CAT was suggesting, we could pick out an ad or two (or classic photo) and do a "limited edition" print run... it would help guage the interest in such projects... people could then decide to frame 'em and hang 'em or store them away "for later on".... they could even be a big bigger.... And even better, if they didn't sell straight away, we could still be selling them the year after.....
A national FE/FC logo could be included in the design along with the web address etc, and if it sold well, it would raise the funds for a second or third one......
Just an idea...
Les....... Wink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: