FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 05, 2024, 01:18:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: O/T, NOT Holden, but awesome barn find cars 4 Sale  (Read 7021 times)
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

Model: FE

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2007, 08:58:38 PM »

Hi all,
I have posted this here, as I know there are Holden owners on this site, who are also into other brands. This is also a general interest topic, as it was such a great find. If anyone is offended by me posting it here, please contact the Moderators by pressing the report button & they will decide what to do with it.
After 2 years hard work, following leads & rumours, I have found a stash of vehicles that top anything else I have come across. I was hoping against hope there would be a couple of old Holdens, but none to be found.  I have to keep it low profile, but ALL of them are for sale. They are not going to be cheap bargains, as they are not your everyday cars. The owner is quite ill & has trusted me with their sale.
I will not & cannot offer the location to anyone, but soon, each car will be detailed, photographed & put up for sale with complete specs. They will be available for viewing down at my shed, by appointment.

1/ 1968 MG C Roadster. 1 owner, 34,000 genuine miles. Amazing condition, NOS spare hood, perfect running condition, interior immaculate, stored since 83. $25 - $30k

2/ 1959 Austin Healey Sprite "Sprinzel" (Yep, that is rare!!). 32,000 genuine miles. Every concievable option, along with Sprinzel works "Hot up". Close ratio gearbox, LSD, Big cam, worked head, engine beefing! Beautiful to behold. Complete history, ALL receipts, genuine Sprinzel (Kind of like a "Bathurst" Monaro, if you get my drift). around $20K

3/ Honda S600 coupe. 49,000 miles. Perfect. Rare, cool, although a dog to drive apparently (From new they were like that). $10k - $15K

4/ Nissan Silvia S10. Never heard of it? Well, no wonder, only about 20 left Auswide & this one was thought to have vanished. Cool classic, needs a little work to get it back to original. Fully rebuilt engine. $10K +

5/ Wolseley 1500. 50,000 genuine miles. PERFECT. Not much more to say. Black. $??

there are a couple of other vehicles, but they will be shown later.

All these vehicle are awesome, original & so low mileage, that they are still running factory tyres! None of the cars have any rust whatsoever. Stored in a pitch black garage, under car covers for over 20 years. Started, rolled about & that is it.
I have posted this here, as I know FE FC people may also have other passions in other vehicle areas.

PM me if they are of interest & I can log you in, for when I get them clean & sorted (Very Dusty).

Here is the little S600. I climbed in & believe it or not, there is plenty of room (I am 6'1 & 110kg, so I ain't dainty). My feet are too big to operate pedals though, as they are really close together.

MGC. This is a RARE car. Only 1400 built, apparently. very few made it to Australia. Privately imported from England when brand new.Still original owner.

I love this little beast. If I can work out how to use it somehow in a business, I may nab it myself.

Rob J

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
Brad

My FC Van in 1986 and I still have It

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 09:59:02 AM »

Rob.
     On the subject of pommy cars in sheds ,I was recently asked to value about forty motorbikes from a deceased estate. ( mostly they are all long past fixing )In one shed was an Austin Vandenplas Princess R. Never heard of one I hear you say.  Neither had I so I googled it ,apparently they made around 6687 units world wide ,of the model I looked at only 104 were ever built and as far as I can ascertain there are less than five of the 6687 built in OZ . It's fitted with a Rolls Royce 4 Ltr F60 engine from factory and looks a bit like an old Woolsly. Painted black with wood grain and beige leather interior, the old dear wants around $4000 for it.
   Anyway can you keep me informed about the Austin" sprinzel"  I can tell the missus I'm buying it for her Grin. And you'r right that not all user's of this site are solely Holden fans
             Brad.

Id rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labotomy
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 10:11:32 AM »

Hi Brad,
Mate, you & I are more alike than I realised! I know EXACTLY the car you are talking about, as another group of cars I have sussed, has one there. A funny looking, squared off looking machine. Too small to have all those fancy bits was my first thought. This is the same, as it also runs the Rolls motor. I can't believe, someone else on this forum knows of one!! I will get a picture before too long. The owner said they were rare & he had never seen another, but now you mention the numbers here, I can see why!!

Dude, you would LOVE the Sprinzel. SOOOOOOOOO damn original, it even runs the factory tires. It has every concievable accessory (Sprinzels are very rare accessorised). over riders & bront bumper, luggage rack, spotlights, "Devil Dog" car alarm, the list goes on. Will have it out in the sun for the first time in many a year & will get some pics for you. I have seriously considered buying it myself, but am on the hunt for another Split for the business.

Rob J

Burnsy

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 11:08:09 AM »

The sprinzel sprite is an interesting one Rob, is there any paperwork or badging to go with it, any idea of what year John Sprinzel did the hot up and is it still a 948 or did it include a 1275 upgrade?  I use to own a mark IIA which was the next model and actually had it in tas with me when I lived there, great fun on those roads.  

I find the sprite interesting as John Spritzel is a racing legend who was involved with the development of the famous Sebring sprite which is now replicated by fans across the world.  He was a major player in the early years of Speedwell engineering and it is interesting that a car came out of his hands with the extras such as bumpers, overriders and luggage rack attached as these are usually the first things to go when sprites are modified.  

Great story and thanks for sharing.

Mike
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2007, 11:44:37 AM »

Hey Burnsy,
mate, you are a font of knowledge!! That is what I am currently trying to establish. The guy I am selling it for, has had a stroke & cannot say, write, or in anyway communicate numerals. Very strange, but that is what sometimes happens. He says things like 8'sei's, hundreds & onesies 2. I kid you not,. Very sad, as he was a very clever man. It is sending him crazy.

We THINK it is the 1275 upgrade. Has plenty of power, headwork, close ratio box & LSD. All that, along with the accessory list, makes it a good chance it is the top model. Also, it was a UK delivered car, "Sprinzel'd" brand new in 59, then was imported to Oz. Ordered with all the accessories, I think it was a demo car. Still has all badging.
I will get motor size confirmed asap.

Cool little racer, huh?

p.s. I just remembered, it has the "Castrol Sebring" sticker still on the windscreen. Whic would indicated, a Sprite had already won a title there?? Correct?

Rob J
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 11:48:30 AM by 4hammers » Logged

Burnsy

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2007, 12:23:24 PM »

I can't remeber how to tell the difference between the 948 and 1275 engines but I am sure a quick search would put you right. North south 1275 motors are like hens teeth, here is another bit of trivia, some New Zealand Marinas were fitted with 1275 A series motors but not Aussi ones.  

I think the sebring sprite came about in 57 but I could be wrong, they had a different front end (like a cross between the later midgets and the bug eye sprite) and had hardtops.  Search for the sprite club and drop them an email, there is a pretty big movement here in Australia.  In some states (such as WA) there is no sprite club but they come under the Austin Healey banner.  We had the combined car club bash here on the weekend, pitty I did not know about it then as I could have hit up the sprite guys for some info.

From memory Speedwell had a website and try Spridget too, I use to order gear online and get it shipped over.

Mike
earlyholdenfan

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2007, 12:35:53 PM »

Incidently Rob, a good friend of mine in Melbourne has a Princess, I will see if they know anyone interested in the VDP if you like
Matt
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: