FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 03, 2024, 08:23:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 4hammers Barn Find FC 219  (Read 6248 times)
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

Model: FE

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2007, 07:25:30 AM »

Hi All,
been busy playing with VW Split windows, but FC's are still in my blood. Went for a big drive today & as always, took the back roads & kept my eyes peeled for old cars & sheds that had that "I have an cool car stashed in here" look about them.
Turned up this today. Beautiful, original FC Station Sedan, but a Standard! I LOVE standards. This is still owned by the guy who bought it new! Has all the paperwork, delivery dockets from the Launceston dealer, "Reeman & Manning". Didn't get enough pics, as we were coming home & the kids were getting cut at Dad for taking so long. Interior as new, body, perfect, Nasco heater from new & original motor. He drives it once a month about the  local roads, where there is nobody about (Lives miles from anywhere). He has had a few people ask about selling, but they are all "Young rips, who will bung mags on it & play with the motor" (His words). I showed him my 55 Split & he was suitibly impressed & noted I liked them standard. He said he will be calling me soon, as he knows he can't keep it forever.
54,316 miles since new.........
Might this be the car that brings me back into the FC fold!??

Rob J

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
tommo65

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 09:14:38 AM »

What a find shows that those "Barn" finds are still out there for the lucky few. It looks a really well looked after. Hope that old fella rings soon Grin.
I love FC's too but my current project could not be any further removed from my Special. Cheers Tommo
hawk
nsw-club

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 09:54:02 AM »

Nice car but the sticker on the rear window has to go,Cheers Greg.
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 10:45:38 AM »

Holy smokes!!
She's a beauty.
That is a sweet find, why don't I ever come across stuff like this?  Tongue
Thanks for sharing the pics with us Rob.
When he ends up calling, give me a bit of notice will ya. I gotta book the plane if I am going to fly down there and drive that baby back to my place.
Got a spare bed overnight?  Grin
Regards
Alex

Hewart
nsw-club

Holden on forever...

profile.php?id=1071847991 hewart
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 10:59:13 AM »

Awesome find Rob...!!

It's great to know these babies are still out there somewhere...!!

Can't wait 'till you get a chance to take some more pics...!! I'd love to see some photos from inside the cargo area! With one SO original and well kept, it would be a great source of information to others trying to restore similar cars!!!

Well done.... if that dosen't bring you back to the fold, I don't know what will!!!! Wink Grin

Cheers
Les...

zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 10:53:24 PM »

Ditto that on the cargo area Rob, looks pristine in the pics, a great find.
Gary
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2007, 11:05:14 PM »

Thanks all,
Yes, I will be up that way a few times over the next month with my daughters rowing commitments, so will be passing by again soon. I will get some detailed pics & close ups of the areas usually rooted. The rear area is perfect. Just about the same as the area in my old low mileage HG I had. It has a kind of flecked paint finish, then all of those little metal strips, which are shiny like new. Cad plated?
Seats are standard "Gnome Blue" (Car is Skyline blue) & you will note it has the little black painted ashtray on the rear of the front seat.
He started it up & man it purred. I was too busy drooling, before I remembered to take some shots. That is when the kids got toey. Can't blame them really.

The RAC light on the grille is one of those light up jobs!

This car is up there with the 15,000 mile FC sedan that I helped sell to Robin from SA, but with original paint.

Alex, you have indicated first dibs, if I don't go for it. And of course there is always a spare bed down here.

Guys, if you like barn finds, check my other "Barn find" thread. But beware, no Holdens sorry.....

Rob J

NascoHunter
vic-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2007, 02:36:57 AM »

Hi Rob,
 Another great find well done. Just got back yesterday from Tassie spent 10 days touring around with  the Victorian FB/EK club in my EK sedan. Had dinner with the FE-HX Club of Tassie and caught up with Simon who told your are still finding stuff around the place.
Would of been nice to check out the FC standard like you l love standards.
Cheers,
Tony.
FB_MAD

I can't think what to write here so this will do.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2007, 03:08:08 AM »

Don't let that one get away Rob!!

Terry.

Has anybody seen my red pen??
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2007, 03:33:52 AM »

Hi Rob,
 Another great find well done. Just got back yesterday from Tassie spent 10 days touring around with  the Victorian FB/EK club in my EK sedan. Had dinner with the FE-HX Club of Tassie and caught up with Simon who told your are still finding stuff around the place.
Would of been nice to check out the FC standard like you l love standards.
Cheers,
Tony.

WHAT!?
Man, I wish I had known you guys were down. I was only talking to Simon last week & he never mentioned it. Would have been awesome to have caught up again.

Rob

Brad

My FC Van in 1986 and I still have It

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2007, 09:16:10 AM »

Rob .
      How good is that Shocked. You are so lucky to have found a car like that and to get to chat to the owner AND let you take pics. If you can get  high definition digital pics of all "those" areas it would be of immense help for all of us that like to do e'm up standard. It would be like going back in time with a camera. Don't forget the engine bay .
                  Brad.

Id rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labotomy
Martin

Jim

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2007, 12:43:58 PM »

That is stunning.  There are times I wish I could just get the cheque book out ...

The liver is evil.  It must be PUNISHED

Martin
Marion.  South Aust.

Ebay user id:  lewis1411
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: