FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 29, 2024, 02:06:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Air tight FC  (Read 5172 times)
HARKO
« on: September 20, 2002, 08:28:28 AM »

Is it possible ?
   The car I'm rebuilding at the moment is to be an everyday ride (A-B-C & D type transport.)Cool Dads Car and I was wondering if anyone has an airtight FC thats had REPRRO rubbers fitted
After reading peoples drama's with poor fitment and rubbers that arent the same as original I would like to know if it is possible ?
  And also if someone has some good photo's of a Corsair Tan with Indian Ivory insert wagon in their collection.
RodM

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2002, 08:42:27 AM »

I've  got an FC ute which is fitted with Rare Spare rubbers. They have been in for approximately 4 years and I still need to have the vent window open in order to shut the doors properly without slamming. So answering your question, yes it is possible.

Rod
craiga
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2002, 09:10:37 AM »

I am just about to replace door and vent rubbers, as well as baily channel in the Poo Mobile so like Harko I would appreciate if someone can recommend good replacements. Are Rare Spares units OK, or Bill Thompsons, or Spectrum, or do they all come out of the same place.

also any tips would be appreciated, especially rubber cement type and how to stop the front door rubber twisting where it meets the top of the front guards. A large number of restos I have seen have this problem.

Cheers,

Craig.
craiga
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2002, 10:38:44 AM »

Hey Harko,

Here's your Corsair Tan over India Ivory Wagon.

Beautiful Grin

FCwagon
vic-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2002, 10:01:51 PM »

Hi Harko,
My wagon was air-tight following the original resto. I  ended up venting it through the A pillar because I got sick of slamming the door a couple of times every time I got in. I used a mix of Rares and Peter Jackson rubbers because they are from different sources and different quality (and price). If you're replacing the whole lot I would suggest PJ rubbers for the rear cargo area glass. The Rares ones I used were crap and split at the joints in each corner. I had a conversation with the chiefs at RSP about it and they promised to look into it for me about 2 years ago - still waiting.
The best adhesive for them is the Loctite rubber glue Rares sell. You only need a pinhead every 100ml or so on the straight sections & a few more on the bends.

At the top corner of the front door because the repro rubbers don't have the extra flap bit like the originals, I found it will sit down better if you glue it in that section a little twisted downward and also put a real small dob of glue on the seal edge and fold that down as well. Once the seal has been in place for a few weeks you can gently pick it apart again and it will keep it's profile and not bulge out between the door & guard like you often see. Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Leigh

Red & white is alright
HARKO
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2002, 08:05:47 AM »

Thanks guys extremely informative I will now follow your que, and in general its just good to know that an airtight seal can be acheived , How about at decent MPH can you hear any wind whistle ?
And thanks for that pic of the Poo Bus Craig ( Can you swap the colours to become a full poo machine - it might help you brush up on those photoshop skills for that competition )
craiga
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2002, 09:00:23 AM »

Harko,

A bit rough but close enuff.....

HARKO
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2002, 11:31:37 AM »

Cheer's Craig,
                    Is anyone else learning or touching up on Photoshop since seeing what can be acheived ?
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2002, 08:44:05 PM »

I particularly like the aerodynamic looking mud streak (geez I hope it's mud Lips sealed) near the front wheel arch....

And before Cat asks, is that '57 poo or '59 poo?

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
craiga
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2002, 09:40:29 PM »

RET,

The streak you refer to is an aftermarket "poo" accessory - bolt on poo flares Shocked

No, not really, just bad photoshopping Embarrassed

Had a great time on Saturday night at the 21st. Here's a picture of the future owner of the Poo Mobile. He's my 3 year old nephew Kyle, and he'll be about 60 years old before he gets his grubby little mitts on it Grin

Cheers,

Craig.
Cat
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2002, 12:18:37 AM »

Well Richard you took the words right out of my mouth!!  Quite clearly it's '59 poo......you see '57 poo is far more subtle and sophisticated  Roll Eyes Of course you realise if you want maximum poo impact you should go for an FE - it has a more complete poo coverage rather than just skid marks down the side! Grin
Cat
PS We thought the movies at the 21st were fantastic.  I nearly recognised a lot of the faces but for the extra hair and less tummy  Tongue  A well organised event that's for sure, so congratuations to the organisers!  

Zoom zoom!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: