FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 29, 2024, 02:39:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: which rims will fit ?  (Read 3989 times)
surferboy
wa-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

10,000 POINTS !

View Profile
« on: February 13, 2007, 11:06:04 AM »

Sorry to drag up old topics , but information is everywhere and I'm going around in circles and getting very confused ( I KNOW.. thats not hard to do !!)

I have HR disc brakes on the front and FC drums on the rear (I think,, I'm pretty sure ).

Which rims 14'' and / or  13'' should I fit (or what do I ask for if I want Mags ?)

Cool Cool Cool
ps the mechanic said the 14''volvo rims(thats been on it ) seize the rear brakes so the handbrake cant be adjusted properly

cruisin's great with a 58
fccool59

rain sucks     http://www.yout ube.com/watch?v =N1Uj

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 11:11:44 AM »

i am sure hr, maybe you could put spacers on the back if the drum is being pushed by the rim.

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
fastjbav6
wa-club

OK start her up !

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 12:33:32 PM »

Hey Surferboy,
Normally you would change the rear brakes to HR when you have a HR front end.
Whether you have FC or HR rear brakes then the 13 inch HR rims would fit, 14 inch HG rims would fit on the front but not sure on the Rear.
Don't fit EH rims to FC drums because they distort the drum and lock up your brakes before you even let the jack down.
You can fit the wider ROH 13 inch rims which are the early stud pattern up to HR. These will not distort FC drums because the inner face of the rim has clearance to mount away from the "bumps" on the FC drum.
Clear as mud.
Give me a call if like anytime.

Regards Seb

Yellow Knight

retro

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 11:16:29 AM »

i have an fe ute with hk style tasmans/c and d rims that are 14' i use these rims also on my fb when i feel like a change, now will this destory the drums on the car like the eh rims?
what sould i be looking for before fitting rims (ie clearance etc)?

thank retro.
Dr_Terry

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2007, 10:31:13 AM »

Hi Guys.

fastjbav6 said:- "Don't fit EH rims to FC drums because they distort the drum and lock up your brakes before you even let the jack down. "

FE to EH rims are the same except for the change in the valve hole diameter in late FC.

It's HD onwards rims that cause problems, because of the different centre pressing.

Dr Terry.
EJ_Dave

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2007, 10:06:34 AM »

So Dr Terry, does that mean HR rims will distort EH drums too? And are the wider ROH rims safe on FC and EH drums or the same as the HR ones?

Cheers,

Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: