FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 05, 2024, 04:07:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Frontend/Guard screws  (Read 2901 times)
TAYZ
« on: January 19, 2007, 04:07:03 AM »

Im shortly about to re-bolt guards and grill back onto frontend and want to use new screws.  can someone pony me in the right direction?  I cannot get any in Ballarat and when i go somewhere they take one look at them and shudder and push me out the door.  Surely a business must sell them somewhere, cheers

tayz
NES304
Guru

Model: FC

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 04:12:07 AM »

think rares have for 40c each, but you could always try a fastener place and get a really coarse thread stainless steel allen key head if you want it to look sexy

Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 05:33:37 AM »

I tried to get a stainless version of these but the threads were too long and didn't go all the way up the shank, so the bolts rattled.
I did however go to my local hardware and picked up ZP coach bolts that fit perfectly, a quick buff on the bench grinder (polishing mop) and they look like they are chromed.
I think Ed Ho got stainless for his car, but I think there was a catch.

craiga
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 05:40:40 AM »

Hardwarehouse has the same thing Glenn (Stinky) talked about - about 10 cents each.

Cheers,

Craig.
fccool59

rain sucks     http://www.yout ube.com/watch?v =N1Uj

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007, 10:45:12 AM »

if your budget is bigger hotbits have ful sets in chrome with washers, i think they are between $12 and $22, i have a set in the shed with the price on them if you want a price.

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
TAYZ
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2007, 03:56:19 AM »

leon,
         Do you have there details??  I will give them a call and order some over the phone.  How many in a packet?  Cheers

tayz
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: