FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 06, 2024, 09:31:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Fitting Seat Belts  (Read 6523 times)
tmudie

Back on the road again

View Profile
« on: January 12, 2007, 03:07:07 AM »

Hi All,

My seatbelts arrived back from Perth today and I am VERY happy with the job they have done.

Am going to fit them this weekend, lap/sash front and rear; four in total. I have decided to drill right through the B Pillar; I figure that was the way they were installed back in the 60's so good enough for me and for authenticity.

If anyone has some tips, tricks, things to watch out for I would greatly appreciate (before I start drilling) How far up the pillar, etc. Also if anyone has some basic intstructions? I am going to set to work using a commonsense method, but once I've drilled its too late, so any advice welcomed. Thanks in advance

Tony
tjmudie@optusnet.com.au

I hope I wear as well as my FC Holden
craiga
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 05:00:20 AM »

Tony,

Measure, measure, measure, then cover the area with masking tape before drilling, this will stop the drill from slipping.

Not sure if this will help but this is the belt bolt location in my FC sedan. The bolt uses a crush tube to protect the pillar from damage as you tighten the bolt.

Cheers,

Craig.
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 05:27:32 AM »

From an injury point of view, the top bolt will need to be above shoulder height, otherwise you run the risk of a compression injury in your back if you have an accident.

Rusty_T
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2007, 07:55:56 AM »

Tony,
I have sent you a message and photos of what I did to fit mine.
Cheers Rusty
tmudie

Back on the road again

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2007, 10:29:44 PM »

Thanks Rusty, appreciate it

Tony

tmudie

Back on the road again

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2007, 11:28:03 PM »

Hi All

One more request...... Smiley

Does anyone have pics of where they mounted the seatbelts on the rear parcel shelf and any advice? Thanks

Tony

Rusty_T
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2007, 03:32:32 AM »

Tony,

This is what I did with mine:

. Measure 5" in from the outer edge of the top of the rear seat.Then,at 90 degrees measure 3" from the rear edge of the seat towards the rear window.This then becomes the centre of the whole (7/16th) on the parcel shelf.You'll need to centre punch this spot and drill a guide hole and then redrill from inside the boot.Do this on both sides.

. On the floor pull the seat belt taught towards the wheel arch so the outer edge of the belt follows the 1st seam to the floor.At this point measure up 2" from the floor and drill a 7/16th hole.

. In the centre, go to the area above where the tunnel meets the floor and measure an equal distance from the centre of the tunnel on each side to the flat area.Again to re enforce the bolt holes I used 2'' x 2'' flat steel gal washers.
I'll mail the photos as at this stage I can't post yet.
Again I hope this helps. Any probs I live in Cambridge Pk .You can contact me on 0407954297
Cheers Rusty
tmudie

Back on the road again

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2007, 10:55:40 AM »

Thanks Rusty, perfect, just what I needed to know. Cheers

Tony

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode)