FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:09:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: O/T Woolworths Drought Relief Assistance  (Read 14674 times)
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2007, 10:51:39 AM »

Jeeeeezus, Col!
What have I missed?
FACT:
Woolies WOULD be doing it to help themselves, as much as the battler. They would have their "Public Relations" people going gangbusters to get this up & running, as it IS the little fella who has made them what they are & Woolies seeming to help them, will do wonders for their image.
But seriously, who gives a rats what the real agenda is, when they are going to get some relief to the farmers? You sometimes have to deal with the devil.

That kind of outburst is totally uncalled for. If we all booohoo'd as easily as you have just done, the forum would be empty. RET does a kick arse job & if anyone has the right to pack up the bat & ball, it is him. He is the brunt of lots off sooking & moaning.

RET, good job, mate. I think also Scott may have fired Col up also, but honestly, he (Col) has the thinnest skin I have ever seen, so it was gonna go bad from the first post.

Col,
Bye.

Rob J

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
-KIWI-

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2007, 11:27:46 AM »

REMINDS ME OF THE EMU&SARGE&4HAMMERS  VS KIWI WAR OF 2003

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

cruiser056
qld-club

cruisin to the rock and roll

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2007, 08:27:14 PM »

The large corporations have always screwed the little guys and always will!  And I am sure that they are not only doing this for the farmers, there would have to be something in it for them also.  But as 4Hammers said, sometimes you have to deal with the devil!  Unfortunately I think most people here have missed the main point and that is " SHOP AT ONE OF THESE PLACES ON THE 23rd AND THE PROFITS GO TO THE CWA"  
Now I don't mean to start any arguements, everyone has their own opinion and has their right to express it, but any money donated to the farmers should be welcomed and the issue not used for petty arguements.

Maybe RET could add a heading for such topics or alter the rules allowing for public fundraising etc.

Michael
HAD 708

Holdens and the Mighty Woodsmen truly magnificent

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2007, 06:47:16 AM »

Just my 2 cents worth. I have been in the Horticultural industry for nearly 25 years and this drought is by far the worse EVER experinced by all sectors of Farming etc and of course all allied industries as well. I think that any and all Donations of any kind will be and are greatly accepted and if the Autumn does not bring rain and i mean drought breaking rain, this will be just the start of donations handouts etc. If woolworths are the first to start it good luck to them and congratulations. As to unfair and unwarranted attacks on RET my suggestion is to go to buggery!!!

Brett Gillard
Wayne
nsw-club
Guru

I Love my FE

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2007, 08:15:35 AM »

Hi All
 If you are upset about a big company trying to help the struggling farmers and trying to cash in on it. Why dont our clubs try to help these farmers and either donate some money through our clubs or have a fund raising event through all the clubs? Just my thought  look good for our clubs to do something that is going to help them and good for our clubs to be able to assist.
WAYNE
SRVLIVES

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2007, 08:37:47 AM »

Excellent idea Wayne!

May I suggest the funds from our next club meeting raffle as a start?

I'll bring along a nice prize for you all.... be there! Wink

NES304
Guru

Model: FC

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2007, 09:44:30 AM »

[size=14]PLEASE RAIN[/size]

leon

My FC Business Sedan

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2007, 11:11:16 AM »

:)G Day all.
We all have back bones and we are all Australians that's what makes us just what we are (Australians) and I'm sure our club will help and give something to help those in need in our own back yard. Wink
Regards
SRVLIVES

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2007, 07:35:39 AM »

Excellent idea Wayne!

May I suggest the funds from our next club meeting raffle as a start?

I'll bring along a nice prize for you all.... be there! Wink

Any thoughts on this idea?

RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2007, 03:43:36 AM »

A total of $4.7M was raised, well beyond the expectations of Woolies or the CWA.

Article from the SMH here.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: