FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 24, 2024, 08:20:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Which Motor Grey Red Black what diff  (Read 2113 times)
ASUS

FC Fun

View Profile WWW
« on: December 03, 2006, 07:08:57 AM »

Hi,

Ive been given permission by she, to allow me to do some engine mods on the FC.

So I'm asking for advice on what I should be looking for.  I whish to keep the 3 speed column intact.

Any Ideas
craiga
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 09:33:05 AM »

If its stock now (grey motor driveline) you first of all need to decide if you want to go red or stay grey. If its red you want, then you will also need to upgrade brakes and the preferably the gearbox. This means engineers in most states. More cost, but maybe what you want.

Alternately, a nicely modded grey will sound good, go OK, protect the integrity and originality of the base car, and not cost a fortune.

I would reckon a budget of a couple/few grand would get the grey driveline going great, possibly a little more if full reconditioning was required.

To put in a red, change front end, gearbox, diff centre, floor mods, it could cost double that.

All it means is that if you want a red you'll have to be even nicer to the missus?

Mmmm, how good does the grey look now  Wink

Cheers,

Craig
ASUS

FC Fun

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 06:39:36 AM »

At present the Fc has a HR front end with disks, VH40 or 24 not sure but power assist for brakes, with delimiters to the rear.

being new to the art; will this make a diffrence.

Asus
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: