FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 03, 2024, 11:21:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 2008 Nationals Mt Gambier Accommodation  (Read 12480 times)
Tufffc

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: November 27, 2006, 11:27:01 AM »

Just a quick note the Quality Inn International only has nine rooms left for our event in 2008.  Please mention to the receptionist that you are with the FE & FC Nationals otherwise you will be told that the venue is booked out and to receive your discount.  The Quality Presidential has ten rooms already booked so please make your bookings ASAP to avoid disappointment.  Cheers Tufffc.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 11:27:29 AM by Tufffc » Logged
minifcvan
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2006, 04:30:49 AM »

Hi mate which is closest to the venue?? and do they sell carlton products Grin Grin Grin(not that beer from sa).. and do you have there phone numbers...cheers mark
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2006, 08:52:52 AM »

Mark, all the info you need should be here -
http://www.fefcholden.org.au/nats/index.html

The Quality Inn International is the Nationals "HQ"
Ph: 08 8725 9699
internationalmotel@bigpond.com
http://www.internationalmotel.com.au

I dare say them being a pretty good motel 'n all, they wouldn't stock any inferior beers, so you'll probably need to go to the bottlo for your Carlton gear  Grin

collecta
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2006, 09:45:57 AM »

long live the coopers clan. Cool

plus i hope you all realise to take part in the nationals extravaganza you must be a member of your states FE/FC club, as some found out before this years nats.

hope that helps inadvance.

cheers
Scott

« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 09:53:23 AM by collecta » Logged

i collect old holdens coz they never die!
tommo65

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2006, 10:01:24 AM »

Nothing to do with the Nats but wasn't Coopers up for sale or a take over not so long ago If it went it's a great shame I heard it was/is one of the last family owned breweries in Oz and it's a nice drop too rather partial to the pale ale myself.Cheers Tommo
collecta
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2006, 10:12:42 AM »

well said Tommo, im enjoyin a couple of paleys right now seen how it was 41C today and still very warm
yes that lion nathan group was trying to take over, but the cooper bros were having none of that and fought it thru the courts and won, i dont want to start nuffin but i think  lion nathan are nu zeelanders.

cheers
Scott

i collect old holdens coz they never die!
tommo65

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2006, 10:30:22 AM »

Good grief is nothing sacred aren't they happy just owning Bondi Grin
tommo65

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2007, 06:18:51 AM »

Just another update Quality Inn booked out so we booked with the Presidential today.They said there is also a Wedding booked for that weekend too so be quick folks it did not sound like many rooms left. Regards Tommo
TAYZ
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2007, 10:54:08 AM »

just wondering about accomadation.....  I realise the Vic nats were great cause everyone stayed at the camp and we had the Nasco bar and everything was in the one place.  Will this be the same in SA?? or is everyone scattered around Mt gambier and only come together on the mornings for the days?  I havent booked any where yet and a few of us are in the same boat from Vic.  Hope we dont have to camp out on the side of the road somwhere......!!!  like to be where all the actrion and FE/C's are

Tayz
fccool59

rain sucks     http://www.yout ube.com/watch?v =N1Uj

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2007, 10:58:55 AM »

but if we do have to camp out on the side of the road maybe there is a rest area we can take over, we can set up the nasco bar there again and light a fire, more fun than been spread at various accomodations, if we get a big enough area we can get a cruise track going too, then we will be set.
is this like a normal event were we can drive around and hang out and drink inside the area were the nationals are till we fall asleep or is it at a hotel, cant say ive been to one like that and dont really know how it would work. is it a normal holiday / cravan park thing, is there a loop road inside so we can do laps?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 11:05:28 AM by fccool59 » Logged

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
fccool59

rain sucks     http://www.yout ube.com/watch?v =N1Uj

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2007, 01:45:40 AM »

My wife found this- http://www.totaltravel.com.au/link.asp?fid=1416
it looks quite affordable, i still havent sussed it out, we need a area we can drink our own cheap byo alcahol at night and socailise, safe parking, i doubt we could make a cruise route here wich is why i prefer holiday parks and caravan parks but i thought it would be cool to have somewer to do a few laps inside.
does anyone have any ideas of were to stay were we can get a few people in without all being seperated at night, i am not looking for luxury, just fun in a socail environment, also need somewere to clean cars and stuff and let the kids run around.

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
Hewart
nsw-club

Model: FC

Holden on forever...

profile.php?id=1071847991 hewart
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2007, 10:39:50 AM »

They said there is also a Wedding booked for that weekend too so be quick folks it did not sound like many rooms left. Regards Tommo

I wonder if they need wedding cars? I believe there'll be a few old Holdens in the area that weekend. Grin Grin

Cheers
Les... Wink

Hotlips
sa-club

I love my EFFEE

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2007, 03:11:00 AM »

Hi Guys, but accommodation is rapidly booking up and has been available for about 1 year.  Goodie bags were distributed to all clubs around australia via delegates and members that were at the last nationals at Phillip Island.  S.A. has booked 4 motels on the same road (same side) and only a few hundred metres apart.  Unfortunately trying to find accommodation for everybody in one spot is unvailable in S.A.  See you club committee if further information is required.  Cheers Hotlips

I am woman, hear me ROAR - "vrrmm vrrmm"
NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2007, 08:09:02 PM »

I was just wondering who is staying were before i consider entry, dont want to get all the way down  and find i am staying 10 k's away from the action or cant join in the action without leaving the car 2 k's up the road with no security and non fe fc people lurking around for me and my wife the best part of the nationals is catching up with everyone at night over a few drinks and talking cars and stuff, i also need to be close to were the kids are sleeping for frequent checks, i know the headquarters was booked out along time ago, is there anywere we can get a big group in at some nearby accomadation.

Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2007, 07:35:54 AM »

If you go to the Nationals web site it lists the preferred accomodation, International being the HQ, then the Presidential next closest to that and so on.
http://www.fefcholden.org.au/nats/

NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2007, 08:24:25 PM »

so who will be staying at presidential?

Just40
qld-club

Model: FE

I cant fix my brakes, so I made my horn LOUDER

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2007, 11:35:20 AM »

me and the wife are booked their.......

jack_fc

Model: FC

SouthWest Coast, Victoria

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2007, 12:39:22 PM »

us too...

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
FC_fer_me
vic-club

baby boomers luv FC's

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2007, 06:40:53 PM »

we're at the Presidential too. I think we've got a spa in our room, not that it's important. More important to have a fridge! Grin Grin Can't wait til next Easter, should be a ripper weekend.
FEHOLDEN

like all good things...it will happen eventually.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2007, 12:10:00 AM »

gidday all

Just got back from a holoday in SA and returned via Mt Gambier. Sussed out all the accomodation in town and finally settled on the Central caravan park as our best option. Plenty of room and even a "circular" drive for doing laps. As of last Sat.[6/10] there were still a couple of ensuite cabins and a couple of non ens.cabins still available.
Cost for our 2a + 2c is $72 per night for non ensuite but ensuite was $96. so get in quick and join me Smiley and we can be the party venue Wink

BTW thank you to Steve & Trudi and Greg & Hotlips for making me and my family feel welcome whilst in town and for allowing me to see up close that awesome blown wagon

See you all at Easter Grin Grin Grin
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: