FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:20:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: BIG thanks to Brad from 4hammers (NOT 100% Holden)  (Read 4593 times)
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

Model: FE

View Profile
« on: November 21, 2006, 10:00:51 AM »

Hi All.
This is what I love about any car buff. Brad contacted me the other day & asked if I was interested in him emailing me some pictures his mate found of old VW's. "You betcha" I replied.
Well, he has gone to big effort to scan these off & may well have provided me with the mystery of where my 55 came from & why it is the colours it is. long story, but one of the pics, shows a 55 (Only about 5 where inmorted with factory Safaris) in ANSETT colours & that may well explain why MY 55 had different colours to the standard Blue & Safari windows.

Basically, Brad has gone out of his way to do something nice for a car lover. Not Holden, just someone who digs classics. No payment involved & i hadn't done anything special for him.
So thanks, Brad. You are a good mate.

I owe you a Bundy or 7!!

Rob J

p.s. If anyone is interested in seeing my other bus in a TV commercial, click this link & press the "Play Commercial" button. Let it load, as it will stagger, but once it has, play again & it will be clear.

http://www.tendaysontheisland.org/
« Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 10:01:33 AM by 4hammers » Logged

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
fe hotrod

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 10:29:50 AM »

;)Rob its amazing how many grouse blokes there are on this forum!!ive come across a couple of blokes on here that have amazed me by there generosity,and there willingness to go out of there way to help!!Mark Oriel is one of those blokes,and im sure that theres other blokes on here that will verify this,that mark goes out of his way to help others,at his own cost and time!!and for those who have never met Mark,dont judge him by his bad arse looks cause you wont find a nicer kind hearted bloke!!!(good on ya minni,you need a pat on the back bloke!!!)another bloke is Paul Taylor(TAYZ),who is willing to go the second mile for the real old holden enthusiest,and go out of his way to help a bloke!!good on ya paul,its guys like this that makes the old holden community and forums a better place,and im sure there are many others!!good work fellas as you are the type of blokes that give,s blokes like me the motervation to keep doing up fe-fc,s,,,,anyway that just my 2 bobs worth....cheers jamie Wink
-KIWI-

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 10:43:00 AM »

too true ewe guys just cause we dont all still have holdens ewe guys are still in the most part helpfull
good on ya guys  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
Brad

My FC Van in 1986 and I still have It

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2006, 01:58:06 PM »

Rob
   Thanks for the pat on the back . it's nice to know you'r appreciated. It's no drama to spend a few minuets on the computer to help someone out or to give out some info. After all, isn't what this forum and others like them are all about.
     As for V Dubs and such I like em all , Dodge, Ford , Pontiac , Austin A40's even 120Y Datsuns they all have their faults and good points.    
    KIWE FC
                 I like the pic of the Ford. My mates old man bought a metallic blue one when I was a teenager, V8 auto, two way tailgate, electric everything . Very flash car at the time.
    Rob
        Will send reply re  - your last e-mail soon
                                     Brad

Id rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labotomy
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2006, 10:19:43 AM »

Hey Rob.
A picture tells a thousand words....let's see the pic!
Nice work Brad.
Regards
Alex

4hammers
tas-club
Guru

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2006, 11:21:48 AM »

Hey Alex,
Here it is. Cool, Huh? Quite possibly MY bus in it's former life. There were only a few 55's imported & very few (Approx 5) which had factory fitted Safari windows (Front opening windshields).

« Last Edit: November 23, 2006, 11:43:47 AM by 4hammers » Logged

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
REDMR2RED
vic-club

FC Ute's d'best

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 11:38:38 PM »

Hey Rob, check out the Kombie on "Pimp my Ride"

http://www.mtv.co.uk/channel/mtvuk/gallery_viewer/?gid=6&rows=5&columns=2

Kevin

1959 FC Holden Ute
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2006, 12:24:26 PM »

Hey Rob.
That is a very cool photo.
Nice work Brad!!
Regards
Alex

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)