FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 08:53:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 186 extractors  (Read 2232 times)
paddyfc58

Model: FC

I wanna go fast

View Profile
« on: November 08, 2006, 06:15:40 AM »

hello everybody,

i am putting a 186 into me ute and want to know if the extractors will fit straight in. will be using crs hr front end.also pro cons of 350 holley over twin carbs.

thanks paddy
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 06:24:39 AM »

You should still be able to buy new extractors for a Red 6 in an FC, I got them for a 202. Be careful buying second hand though, different body style 'n all.

I am using a 450 4BBL Vac Sec holley on my 202(worked), I haven't had any complaints yet. Driven sedately I got pretty good economy when it was in my LJ Torrie, plus it is only one carby to tune.

Dave_EH

Keep on Holden' on

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 07:11:43 AM »

A 350 Holley is fairly similar in CFM to twin strombergs (if thats what you mean by twins).

Twin strommies have the edge on the Holley in economy, and power is very close.

A 350 Holley would be the cheaper and easier option if you know someone who can show you how to set up the float/ power valve, accelerator pump and main jets to suit your engine.

A very good set of twins would be great as well if they were in good condition set up properly and suit your linkages.  In my experience its hard to find such a set, and when you add up the price of fabricating it, its prob not worth it over a good Holley.

Twin sidedraft SUs would be far superior to both of these set ups, although are very hard to find these days.  They would have the edge in both economy and power.  
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: