FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 05, 2024, 05:36:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: lowered springs  (Read 2492 times)
NES304
Guru

Model: FC

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« on: October 22, 2006, 09:11:57 PM »

Just after a cheap set of lowerd 2" kings (for original FC Crossmember) No rush...

NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 04:23:20 AM »

still need em

fccool59

rain sucks     http://www.yout ube.com/watch?v =N1Uj

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2006, 06:07:40 AM »

The wrong way to do it is to cut your springs, you shouldn't cut them but you could cut them and tell people you bought lowered springs, its worked for me, i wouldnt buy lowered springs, I have been through a few springs trying to get the right height, you might buy 2" and decide you want 3" and end up with cut springs anyway but I doubt you will easily pick up proper lowered FC springs easy but cut standard springs you might.

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2006, 10:49:21 PM »

I'll take that and the legal implications in to consideration but I'm more worried about the effect on the ride? hows yours?

Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006, 08:53:42 AM »

I got a set of lowering springs from R&E autos for $116 bucks lash out and buy a set of legal ones
                                     Cheers Rusty

Bogans rule
Addo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2006, 09:39:25 AM »

I've always chopped a coil off the bottom on every holden I've ever owned. Always run good shocky's and sway bars and haven't had problems.
That being said I'm just about to put in my first set of lowered springs and after 25 years and I'll finally be able to see if it makes any difference.
HARKO
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2006, 10:01:22 AM »

Ive used front V8 commodore coils recently , from the struts and cut down to my required low.
Thicker coil ,tighter wraps and once cut with a grinder (minimal heat ) are cheap heavy duty alternatives that worked beutifully .
The law dont like the risk of heat applied to spring steel making it brittle .
If you make the calculations and understand the load on the  coil  I dont understand why its red flagged.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: