FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 23, 2024, 06:30:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie FC  (Read 2039 times)
tommo65

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: October 22, 2006, 05:49:50 AM »

Hi folks I have just joined today and have found the site very intresting.To cut a long story short I am putting my partners 1959 fc special sedan back on the road after it has been sitting in the shed for two years.This is all new to me as most of my past projects have been Valiants (Hey someone had to like them) the car itself has been in my partners family since new and she had it restored in the early nineties not sure if it was a total resto but it cost her big bucks.I now have the green light to do what I like to the fc as my partner is more interested in horses than cars these days.I am thinking 60's style cruiser warm grey motor baby moons etc.... although I am still not a 100% on this part of me does say small block chev? as I remember all to well my mates chevy powered eh back in the eighties it nearly made me a Holden convert at the time come to think of we had a few close calls in it as well. Grin Cheers Tommo
cruiser056
qld-club

cruisin to the rock and roll

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2006, 07:21:49 AM »

Thommo,
               There is nothing wrong with Valiants, I have owned some in the past and if I didn't have an old Holden it would be a val for sure.
                I would keep with a warm grey and maybe a bit of a rat rod style, I think by the sound of you this is what you would like.   But it is your car and you should do as you are happy.  
                 One thing though is what ever direction you choose to follow you will find an unlimited wealth of knowledge on this site, as I am sure you will discover.

Keep us up to date

Michael
tommo65

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2006, 08:37:21 AM »

Thanks Michael I am leaning towards a warm grey mainly because of the family connection as it would easier to put her back to stock if need be.I am finding the info available on the site very interesting the old bug is starting to bight again by the way the last car I modified was a AMC/Ramler Javelin sst in 1994 not a well known car but a real head turner just the same.Cheers Tommo
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2006, 08:56:55 AM »

Welcome to the site Tommo.
Javelins are cool, as are Valiants.
Sounds like you have a few decisions to make with regard to direction.
You could always build the hot grey version and then drive it like this till you collect the parts required for the Chev conversion.
Either way, another FC on the road is cool.
How about some more details on the car and some pics?
Good luck with the project.
Regards
Alex

tommo65

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2006, 09:53:01 AM »

G'day Alex and thank you I will try and post some of the earlier resto photo's soon.The car itself was purchased by my partners grandfather from Fishermans Bend and was his pride and joy unfortunately it did not receive the same TLC when my father in law inherited it.Thats where my partner eventually retrieved it and did the resto.She still has all the paperwork (somewhere) from when it was purchased.The car did appear at the 1995  fe/fc nationals in Canberra.I will keep you posted as I find out more.Cheers Tommo

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: