FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 07, 2024, 11:02:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: two tone fc ute  (Read 3382 times)
fcutekeen

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: October 12, 2006, 05:48:35 AM »

hey guys,
new to the site. lovin it. lotsa of info. im keen on buying a modified fc ute when i find one.
saw this on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/FC-Holden-UTE-No-reserve-Selling-on-Wifes-Orders_W0QQitemZ200030756387QQihZ010QQcategoryZ36606QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

is it actually rare. did they come out of the factory like this or have they just added the strips from the sedan or wagon.

cheers James
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 05:49:02 AM by fcutekeen » Logged
colt
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 06:10:12 AM »

James, welcome to the site.
AFAIK no utes or vans came from the factory with the Special chrome bits. They are fitted by owners wanting to tart their cars up.
Personally, I think it's a bit expensive, given that it doesn't seem to be registered.
Good luck in your hunt.
Colin.

colt
fe hotrod

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 07:05:17 AM »

;)i reakon this guy is full of it!!he said it would make an inexpensive show ute,to me it looks like it needs a full resto and that aint cheap,theres nothin rare about this ute!!and about $2500 to much,tell him he,s dreamin.....jamie
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 07:57:18 AM »

The stripe kits are indeed off a wagon, in the side shot you can see the rear door join in the moulding.  However they were put on by dealerships from new as I have a head office letter to all dealerships advising off all the part numbers required to order a stripe kit suitable for attaching to a ute, van or standard sedan.

If the ute is rust free and in straight condition then it is not too far from the mark in my opininion.  Maybe only $1000 overpriced as good utes are very hard to find.  If it has rust in it though then this would be an entirely different matter.

Regards Ken
fcutekeen

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2006, 08:44:17 AM »

yeah thanks guys. i think it is overpriced. if it was rare then fair enough.
i will find a suitable project one day. one with mods as i want to tow my 1960's ski boat with it. i love the fc's but would probably need a red motor, disc breaks and chassis kit.
thanks guys
SRVLIVES

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2006, 09:58:47 AM »

You need a sedan to really capture that 60's feeling, mine even has a period surf sticker in the rear window! Wink

fccool59

rain sucks     http://www.yout ube.com/watch?v =N1Uj

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2006, 10:41:10 AM »

just think, alot of those old boats would have been towed with grey powered holdens with drum brakes.
A ski boat would be allright with a red and discs but remember they are light cars.
I wouldnt tow my boat with the FC but its a big heavy plywood cabin cruiser, I dont have too be 100% FC free but when I take the boat out as it is powered by a FC holden motor!
I would keep looking till you find a suitable FE-FC for the right price, a classic wood ski boat wouldnt be right behind a maloo or thunder or storm or one of those funny new utes.

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
fcutekeen

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2006, 09:07:46 PM »

no, maloo or thunder. wouldn't be right.

the ski boat is actually fibreglass with a red 6 in it. gave it a new paint job with silver navy and white. hopefully do up an fc in matching navy. that is my plan anyway. Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: