FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 28, 2024, 10:00:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Only $48 dollars?  A steal....  (Read 5225 times)
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« on: August 31, 2002, 05:46:44 AM »

Check out this item on Ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1762697635

It's a very tired old "Stack" dealership badge.  Screwed into the bootlid of countless Holdens and GM cars in the 50s and 60s.  This is what the guy has to say about it:
"Distributed by STACK". This badge on the boot or tailgate of your car indicated a "HOT" aftermarket distributor in your engine.
This badge may have been available to Holden models other than EH... It may have also been available to other makes of car as well... I've had this badge in my collection for 20 years now, it came from an EH wagon, and in that time I have only seen it on two other cars!!. Both were EH's. I believe it to be VERY RARE INDEED. (If anyone has a definitive opinion on this, I will correct the information here for everyone.)
The condition of the badge is 'good' with only a couple of minor marks. It measures 75mm x 25mm. There is some of the 'redish brown' inlay missing. But I don't believe this to be a problem. Keep the badge 'original' or you can use one of the "Enamel Badge Restoration" (of Geelong) type business's to bring it back to new again. Your Choice. I found them advertised in "Restored Cars". The STACK badge comes with its original mounting screws.
SELLING AT NO RESERVE. Bid early so you don't miss out on this original item!! If you have any questions I will be happy to answer them. I have tried to be as comprehensive as possible here with all the information I know off. Postage will be at actual cost no handling fees. I will provide postage cost at the end of auction.

Look Out for all my early Holden NOS + parts and books which I will be listing over the coming weeks! Thanks for looking & Happy Bidding

This is the "Question to Seller" I sent him.
Mate, you are seriously off-beam about that badge.  They used to be screwed to the boot-lid of Holdens, Chevs, Pontiacs and anything else that the Holden dealership "Stack & Co" of Camperdown, Sydney sold.  I appreciate you're from rural Vic, but those badges are common as dirt in Sydney.  You can pick one up at a swap meet for $2.

I used to have one as a key-ring but it used to rip the linings out of my pockets. ;-)

They sure as hell have nothing to do with the ignition system.

cheers
RET

If he replies I'll let you know.  I can't wait to see what other treasures appear from his "collection"... I'll be looking out for his other NOS auctions for sure. What a dipstick. Tongue

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
air-chief

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2002, 01:14:03 PM »

Maybe you should start a new area for this sort of stuff! Cause if you look at a fair few things that are for sale on E-bay you'll find that their descriptions aren't always accurate either! :-/

I can't wait to see what other treasures appear from his "collection"... I'll be looking out for his other NOS auctions for sure. What a dipstick.

A dipstick with a pair of FE-EK NOS front mudflaps Kiss

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1760742468
brads59

OLD OLDENS=STYLE

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2002, 10:35:53 PM »

Hi RET,
          I've gotta say mate, nothing gets past you.
Will be interested in his response.
Well done.    ..................BRAD

1959 Black Std sedan
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2002, 11:40:35 PM »

I got a response from the guy over the weekend.  He was grateful for the tip, and has cancelled the auction.  So you have to give him points (no pun intended) for that.
Your reply is very much appreciated. Many Thanks.
I don't suppose one can know everything.!! I certainly don't.
It makes my description sound hilarious
Regards
Stephen

Though I'm still trying to imagine what a hot distributor is.... Maybe one with a diecast chrome cap - that would get hot real fast...

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: