FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 05, 2024, 06:18:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 2 speed wiper motor  (Read 5111 times)
mike06

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: September 28, 2005, 10:42:20 AM »

Im currently rewiring my fc and im stuck at what to do about fitting a different wiper motor. If anyone has any sugestions on what to use it would be very helpfull.
fcdunedin

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

chris sayers
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2005, 11:05:55 AM »

I'm sure you will probably get a reply from Ken McLean,I bought one from Ken and it works great excellent fitting instructions and also came with trouble shooting advice..
mike06

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2005, 02:55:18 AM »

How much did it set u back.
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2005, 06:44:11 AM »

Mike, cost of 2 speed wiper motor is $80 with trade in of EK single speed wiper motor.  You must have the 2 small arms on the back of the EK motor in order to make the conversion work.

Ken
mike06

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2005, 06:27:01 AM »

Ken im intrested in getting one of these two speed motors but i dont have an ek motor to trade in. Also would u be able to give me a bit of information about the  conversion does it come in some sort of kit etc

thanks mike
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2005, 08:12:48 AM »

Unable to supply at present because I dont have any EK donors either.

Comes as a bolt on package with switch, installation instructions and wiring instructions.

You find me a EK wiper motor and I will supply you a guaranteed working 2 speed motor that will bolt straight into an FE or FC.

Ken
TorqueFC
Guru

Modified?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2005, 08:15:38 AM »

hey mate

ive got quite a few ek electric wiper motors here, drop me a pm if your interested

tests have proven that the final words before a fatal urban car crash are "OH ****"

in a rural car crash they are " Hold my stubby and watch this for skill!"
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2005, 11:45:21 AM »

Torque (and Mike06 if you're on the hunt for a conversion unit):

When I converted my single-speed EK motor to one of Ken's two-speed jobs, my EK wiper motor was no use to him as an exchange.  There are two types, AC Delco and Preslite.  Only the latter could be modified into a 2 speed unit.  This may have changed since.

The Preslite motor has a groove in the lower end of the casing like a piston ring.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2005, 06:25:33 AM »

Basically there are 3 components which are needed for my new conversion.

1. The base plate - Preslite is perfect, Delco has to be redrilled to fit.  Also need the rectangular rubber insulator.

2.  The primary drive arm - Once again Preslite is perfect, Delco has to be cut and welded to work.

3.  The secondary drive arm - Both Preslite and Delco have the same arm so both are good.

In short - I can make both work, but the Delco is a bit more trouble.

IMPORTANT - I need the 3 items listed above, a lot of EK wiper motors you will find do not have the 2 small drive arms on them - these are virtually useless without the drive arms.

I am willing to buy as many EK wiper motors as I can for stock, bearing in mind that I have to buy from the wreckers the donor 2 speed motor and a switch and spend an hour of my time putting it all together and still sell at $80!

Ken
mike06

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2005, 01:55:27 PM »

Ken
If i buy an ek motor from torque350 how much is it going to cost me still or will u do it cheaper.  
« Last Edit: October 07, 2005, 02:06:18 PM by mike06 » Logged
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2005, 08:25:21 AM »

Mike  - I will covert for $70 if you supply Preslite motor, or $75 with Delco.

Regards  Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: