FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 30, 2024, 09:18:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Old Kat Rebuild  (Read 69374 times)
SRVLIVES

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2006, 06:48:37 AM »

Email 'em to me.......

greyone

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2006, 07:53:00 AM »

send me a pm either come down to ballan or i,ll come up
regards mal
TAYZ
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2006, 11:01:13 AM »

Some progress  (pics coming.........)  finally got stuck into trimatic conversion today getting 360' bellhousing tapped and ready for installation to grey with hydromatic rear engine mounts in place (anyone who is going to try this conversion in the future make sure you get some hydromatic rear engine mount plates) Flex plate from red motor has to be drilled to suit grey crank so luckily Col(my mechanic) got an old crank shaft and cut off the end for a template to suit along with dowl.  Hopefully tomorrow trimatic will then be bolted into place then all it will take is to get everything all attched to get it going.  I must say it took quite awhile to find a 4cyl torque convertor to go in, these things are now getting harder to get.  Also I went down to melton and got not 1 but 3 FJ Holden grill bars with teeth for my custom grill which i was luckily to win of ebay for a decent price..... the bloke I got them from is a real decent bloke with a real olskool FJ Holden which he is doing up as an 60's aussie type custom.  Let me tell you anything grey, hes got it.  At this stage the FC is just a shell but I have nearly everything to get it b ack together and have also organised it ready for paint.  I have organised proper scallops and pinstriping to be done so the 20 minute rule must apply to me now!!  I went down to HOTRODS tonight and checked out his FE and FC which makes me even more keen to get mine back on the road.  I realise there are nil pics on here but I have taken enough and will email them to a person capable of putting them on for me as i am useless in that field...........................  As for the pearl wheel I have had to re think as a new one is $500-  Im sure they are worth it but I cannot commit to that for just a steering wheel.  Anyhow i will take some pics of the grill Im trying to fabricate, I reckon its going to look real good, cheers all

tayz
fccool59

rain sucks     http://www.yout ube.com/watch?v =N1Uj

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2006, 08:02:02 AM »

you can send the pics to me, srvlives has made a offer too.

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2006, 09:05:57 AM »

and me ! ooh! ooh! pick me! pick me!  Grin
c'mon Tayz, stop teasing us.

SRVLIVES

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2006, 09:41:09 AM »

Nah, the more I read his post the more I don't wanna see 'em.....  Sad

TorqueFC
Guru

Modified?

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2006, 10:27:53 AM »

Paul, good to hear of some progress, its been a while since ive seen OLDKAT cruzing the streets....just remember though that the grey has a pretty large cam, if you run a standard convertor it will run like a pig up until around 3200rpm....look forward to seeing some pics soon aswell!!!

tests have proven that the final words before a fatal urban car crash are "OH ****"

in a rural car crash they are " Hold my stubby and watch this for skill!"
TorqueFC
Guru

Modified?

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2006, 10:58:37 AM »

wasnt by any chance chris from melton was it? he has a few fj's not all at his house though.....working on his green nostalgia drag car?

tests have proven that the final words before a fatal urban car crash are "OH ****"

in a rural car crash they are " Hold my stubby and watch this for skill!"
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2006, 09:17:56 PM »

we want pics or it never happened!

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2006, 11:15:28 PM »

I am getting sick of waiting as well. I think I might loose my interest in Kustoms at this rate.

Email your pic's tp some one please.

Cheers Jim

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
TAYZ
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2006, 11:44:58 PM »

Sorry for the delay, my missus has left the camera at work so i hope to get it today and then down load and send em off, sorry again
ridgey_didge
act-club

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2006, 11:48:55 PM »

Is the name Tayz or Tease???

TAYZ
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2006, 11:56:03 PM »

Id say slack.............   the pics arnt real flash as its in a single car garage but once wheels are backl on and i roll it out better pics will come, hopefully.......
Russ

mmm dohnuts

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2006, 10:25:36 AM »

cmon get with the pics already ... the suspension is killing me!!!!!

Ford boy with a FC weakness!!!
TAYZ
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2006, 12:45:40 PM »

I have sent stinky some pics but Im not real happy with them but the FC at the moment is ina single car garage.  Tmw I will take some off the grill conversion and also of the trimatic conversion (which is the mods to the 360' bell housing)
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2006, 02:47:49 AM »

Finally!

Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2006, 07:47:09 AM »

Thats what mine will be looking like a week after the nats in Mt gambier, have decided on a full strip and rebuild,(already picked out the new colour can you guess what it will be, duh) will be looking for a rust free shell in twelve months , hope all is going well Paul havent seen ya in a while, ol kat is gunna be sensational mate , get your arse over here with Jamie and get this donk will ya , its taking up room in my brewery lol
                                   Cheers Rusty

Bogans rule
SRVLIVES

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2006, 08:15:38 AM »

will be looking for a rust free shell in twelve months

Mine will probably still be here.... Wink

TAYZ
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2006, 11:28:29 AM »

Sometimes i think it is more fun rebuilding/stuffing around with them than actually driving them.  I have picked up a lot of stuff now for the FC like speaker grill with 4x gauge holders, repo parcel shelf(no more granpa nasco stuff) etc  etc.  I think that if I hadnrt discovered this forum I probably would never have come this far and met some real decent blokes.  Anyhow this week will entail floor hump, hopefully as im back at work, shifter and getting it going again.  So far thanks to col STEVENS, cameron WARDLAW, Jamie CHISHOLM(FE HOTROD) Leon(FCCOOL) Stinky.  leon can you email me or pm your address.  Im going to make myself work photobucket out this week to post pics, cheers

tayz
fe hotrod

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2006, 12:12:07 PM »

;)Geez its come a way since i seen it last paul,i reakon those stockies with the crossplys look real kool,no caps, now thats the look!!!cant wait to see it with some jam on it though.......hehehe,keep up the kool work....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: