FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:06:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for Silver/ Burgandy FC BL-444  (Read 76064 times)
uncleraggy

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: August 19, 2006, 09:29:44 PM »

Hi all, would anybody know the whereabouts of a silver and burgundy FC Holden would be. Last I knew the rego was NSW BL-444. It was a Street Machine cover car back in 1984 (small picture in the corner, XYGT was main car). It belonged back then to my girlfriends brother in law. She wants to know if the car still exists, what conditions she's in etc. And she would love to see it again. Any ideas??? Thanks!
HARKO
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2006, 08:58:43 AM »

I know of one in wollongong ,Is that where it was ?
craiga
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 09:11:57 AM »

There has been discussion about this car previously, it was built/owned by Bob Lubjic who met an unfortunate end off the gap a couple of years ago.

From memory the pictures and posts indicated that the car was in Victoria/South Australia?

Originally posted by Alex.

http://www.fefcholden.org.au/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=ebay;action=display;num=1141014645;start=0

Nice car, one of the best in its day, along with my favourite, Alan Hales amazing black FC.

cheers,

Craig.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 05:35:03 PM by customFC » Logged
customFC
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 12:11:40 PM »

Last time I posed the question on the whereabouts of this car, someone confirmed it was in Victoria.
I dug up a few more pics of the car that I took when it first did the rounds.
Roselands Hot Rod Show.

At Parramatta Park.

This is one of the most memorable FC's built.
I probably have another 1/2 a dozen or more shots of Bob's FC.
Regards
Alex
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 12:12:41 PM by custom_fc » Logged

nicko
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 07:25:07 PM »

i nearly brought this two years ago,and it was in MT Gambier(or very close town) it was sold after weeks of advertising with rust comong out in bottom sections of car,so i imagine its being restored in some form as we speak.as with lots of bad timing stories, i finally sold something for enough and emailed owner to be told it had just been sold couple of days earlier.i thought it was dirt cheap from memory only around $3000 and it had different wheels i think they were prostars
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 07:28:40 PM by nicko » Logged

uncleraggy

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2006, 08:07:14 AM »

Last time I posed the question on the whereabouts of this car, someone confirmed it was in Victoria.
I dug up a few more pics of the car that I took when it first did the rounds.
Roselands Hot Rod Show.

At Parramatta Park.

This is one of the most memorable FC's built.
I probably have another 1/2 a dozen or more shots of Bob's FC.
Regards
Alex

Thanks heaps Alex. My girlfriend says 'Thank you' for the photo's you have posted. She was very close to Bob and the car means a lot to her. If you come across those other photo's she (and I) would be very appreciative.
uncleraggy

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2006, 08:09:44 AM »

i nearly brought this two years ago,and it was in MT Gambier(or very close town) it was sold after weeks of advertising with rust comong out in bottom sections of car,so i imagine its being restored in some form as we speak.as with lots of bad timing stories, i finally sold something for enough and emailed owner to be told it had just been sold couple of days earlier.i thought it was dirt cheap from memory only around $3000 and it had different wheels i think they were prostars

Thanks nicko, pity you missed out on the old girl. We will hopefully see the car returned to it's former glory.
uncleraggy

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2006, 08:12:42 AM »

There has been discussion about this car previously, it was built/owned by Bob Lubjic who met an unfortunate end off the gap a couple of years ago.

From memory the pictures and posts indicated that the car was in Victoria/South Australia?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v117/customfc/Car%20Shows/84lansvale5.jpg

Originally posted by Alex.

http://www.fefcholden.org.au/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=ebay;action=display;num=1141014645;start=0

Nice car, one of the best in its day, along with my favourite, Alan Hales amazing black FC.

cheers,

Craig.

Cheers Craig. My girlfriend saw the car with the perspex bonnet panels in St Mary's NSW a few years ago and thought it may be it. I'm not so sure, it doesn't have the flared guards like Bob's had originally but I guess anything is possible to change back to original. Your input is much appreciated! And thanks for the link to the photo's
BOVAFC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2006, 10:14:01 AM »

I bought this one from Mt Gambier on Evil Bay almost 2 years ago paid $4500 plus freight and just sold her for $2000. Might be the one you are talking about as has bonnet panels and blue interior like that one thought you might be interested Wink

customFC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2006, 10:39:48 AM »

Thanks heaps Alex. My girlfriend says 'Thank you' for the photo's you have posted. She was very close to Bob and the car means a lot to her. If you come across those other photo's she (and I) would be very appreciative.

I will keep my eye out for others.
I am currently going through some pics for another reason and am sure I will come across more.
Check back in a few days/weeks.
Regards
Alex

nicko
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2006, 11:03:22 AM »

maybe thats the one but i dont think so as i cant remember any see through panels and im sure the one i saw had flared guards but half the reason he kept dropping price was because his photo's were blury like an old camera phone used to take,(640x 480 ) not even a meg,lol.why did you sell it for half of what you paid,mind you i just sold my ute and a couple of other cars for less than id spent.as i needed money in a hurry. Roll Eyes

Jockster

Old Holdens never die they just go faster

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2006, 11:54:56 AM »

The car Bovac has is originally from NSW and was a show car in the early eighties, but it never had flared guards, I remember seeing it at a number of shows in Sydney, it was at one show where Bobs car was also on display, so it is definitely a different car. It also appeared at some shows in Northern Victoria. I brought it back to Mount Gambier from Sydney as a project car and put new wheels and tyres on it, rebuilt the carby and put a performance dizzy in it. I took it for a test run and it went hard, spun the speedo off the clock and broke the cable, it had a very tough motor in it. I sold it to Bovac as I basically had too many projects and not enough space and time. I  sure wish I had kept that motor though......
Jockster

Cars are my life not just my work
uncleraggy

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2006, 07:27:41 AM »

The car Bovac has is originally from NSW and was a show car in the early eighties, but it never had flared guards, I remember seeing it at a number of shows in Sydney, it was at one show where Bobs car was also on display, so it is definitely a different car. It also appeared at some shows in Northern Victoria. I brought it back to Mount Gambier from Sydney as a project car and put new wheels and tyres on it, rebuilt the carby and put a performance dizzy in it. I took it for a test run and it went hard, spun the speedo off the clock and broke the cable, it had a very tough motor in it. I sold it to Bovac as I basically had too many projects and not enough space and time. I  sure wish I had kept that motor though......
Jockster

Cheers Jockster, you've at least confirmed that this car of BOVAFC's isn't Bob's. Still gonna keep on searching, would love to be able to buy the car back but it sounds like it's much loved and would be hard to acquire. Still, you never know huh! Darren.
GOA350
vic-club

FE's are great when they've got a V8

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2006, 09:26:16 AM »

From what i recollect this car was the Big M car in the 80's . The one in the ad with the Porsche. A guy named Brett bought it in the early 90's and had it for around 8 years in Victoria then sold it, but i don't know who to. I know that Brett looked after it very,very well and wouldn't let it go to someone who wouldn't treat it the same as he would. I don't know the whereabouts of it now but would also like to know.
                         Cheers Scott
customFC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2006, 10:59:58 AM »

The car was at the 4th FE FC Nationals at Bendigo and even won a prize. The plates back then were victorian, 'GMHFC'.
Regards
Alex

2brite
wa-club

Cruizin's devine in a '59

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2006, 08:40:34 AM »

I have the magazine in question,

i remember drooling oops i mean staring at it all the time
minifcvan
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2006, 03:56:32 AM »

hi all, i remember seeing this car in the mag and this car is how i fell in love with the fc holden... twenty odd years i still love them.what can i say there the best car G.M.H has ever built( even better than the fe   Tongue Tongue Tongue) cheers mark
Tailshaft_Tim
act-club

Holden Heaven

holdenorgau holdenorgau
View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2006, 09:41:37 PM »

I was less than 10 years old when I first saw those Big M commercials. I remember asking my Dad if the car featured was a 1955 Chev - he told me it was an FC Holden. From that day onwards, I saved every single cent of pocket money and delivered newspapers for 5 years until I had enough to buy my first FC (pictured left).

So I say a very sincere thank you to the bloke who used to own that FC and everyone involved with the Big M commercials at the time. I've been obsessed with FC Holdens for over 20 years, and I've owned my green FC for 15 years.  Like most, I can't wait for the 50th Anniversary in Mt Gambier in 2008.

FE-HR Holden Owners Club ACT | http://www.oldgmh.org.au
Holden Heaven | Holden Enthusiasts Community | http://www.holden.org.au
Winnebago Baby | http://www.winnebagobaby.com
Facebook | http://www.facebook.com/holden.org.au
uncleraggy

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2006, 10:59:15 PM »

I was less than 10 years old when I first saw those Big M commercials. I remember asking my Dad if the car featured was a 1955 Chev - he told me it was an FC Holden. From that day onwards, I saved every single cent of pocket money and delivered newspapers for 5 years until I had enough to buy my first FC (pictured left).

So I say a very sincere thank you to the bloke who used to own that FC and everyone involved with the Big M commercials at the time. I've been obsessed with FC Holdens for over 20 years, and I've owned my green FC for 15 years.  Like most, I can't wait for the 50th Anniversary in Mt Gambier in 2008.

Hi there tailshaft tim. I'm glad that Bob's car made such a huge impression on you, it's unfortunate that Bob is no longer with us. From all reports a truly top bloke, with car building skills to match.
Devilrod

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2006, 02:32:29 AM »

Bugger me, I was looking for some other info and stumbled upon this! As Scott said I owned it for quite awhile during the 90's and 01's. During the time I owned it I added a rather large amount of stereo gear installed, with a stipulation of no cutting. Then had it resprayed in similar colours (as it was crazing after being sprayed with flattener for a tv add prior to me owning it).

Last I heard of it was the guy who bought it off me was putting a Chev in it. He was from Mornington/ Mount Martha area Vic. Last seen by a mate of mine 3-4 years ago still looking the goods. But still running the 6 then. Seems it may still be off the road?Huh??

Speed & Style...... One Day I'll get the speed bit!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: