FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 08:14:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Red FC By the Dock Advert  (Read 3270 times)
Shayne
qld-club

Model: FE and FC

Just Cruisin'

View Profile
« on: July 16, 2006, 02:46:55 AM »

Hi all,
I don't remember seeing this one before, so thought I would post it here for all to see.  

Mr Linklater was the artist commissioned by GMH for this series of adverts.  You have probably noticed how the cars are always 'bigger' in the ads making most of the people seem like they were only 4 feet 6 inches high!

Old Holdens Never Die Because Fools Like Me Keep Them Going
Martin

Model: FC

Jim

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006, 01:20:05 PM »

I've only just got to seeing this - nice pic, Shayne.

The reason the people are drawn out of scale (small) is to give the impresssion that there's bags of room in the car.  Have a look how much room the people in the front seat appear to have; and two kids near the back door?  Yep, tons of room for the Aussie family - a true Aussie 6 seater sedan.

The famous example of doing this is an advert for the F#*d Anglia with the reverse sloping rear window.  Driver is depicted much smaller, giving the impression of stacks of room in what is, in reality, a bloody small car.

Martin

The liver is evil.  It must be PUNISHED

Martin
Marion.  South Aust.

Ebay user id:  lewis1411
fccool59

rain sucks     http://www.yout ube.com/watch?v =N1Uj

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 08:28:53 AM »

people used to be alot smaller, thats why the new mini couldnt be made the same mini size and every time a new model comes out its bigger than the last.
havent you noticed most 90 year olds ar shorter than us born in the late 60's or 70's

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
HARKO
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 09:10:17 AM »

And our generation have all be stunted from smoking  Shocked Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: