FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 07:23:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FE-FC V8 or straight 6 conversion parts  (Read 2933 times)
Fast_Eddie

Body by Holden. Soul by Fast Eddie.

View Profile
« on: June 24, 2006, 07:34:24 AM »

I purchased a number of items from Castlemaine Rod Shop for a planned V8 conversion project. I subsequently purchased a partially completed V8 project car with parts and now have the following surplus items for sale.

All prices are pick up from lower North Shore Sydney.

In the past I have used

NQX FREIGHT SYSTEM      
 A Division of Toll Group      
 1 Monier Sq Villawood 2163  (02) 8707 2400                
 Pick Ups  (02) 8707 2444

without a problem for transporting bulky items such as these interstate at reasonable rates.

Item 1 Front cross member with R&P steering. Price: $750

HR front cross member CRS Ref FE05 with modified Torana rack and pinion CRS Ref RP01HRKit

This crossmember is set up with a front mounted rack and pinion conversion so the 6 cyl red/blue/black motor engine mounts are offset to clear the steering rod. In addition to the CRS items listed above it comes with upper and lower control arms, the lowers having being strengthened with rod welded to the flange as per CRS instructions. It also comes with the lowered springs and shocks that came with it. I am unsure of the condition of these (new or used) or of balljoints and tie rod ends.

Note- This crossmember will not suit a V8 or to my knowledge a V6 conversion. This front end and steering came with the car I bought and I don't believe it has been on the road - the original delivery address is still chalked on the top.

Item 2 FE/FC V8 chassis kit. CRS ref Chass04kit. Price: $500

This is a complete, unsued chassis kit containing main rails, subframe connectors, subframe gusset plates, gearbox cross member and tailshaft loop.

Item 3 FE-EH Chev extractors CRS Ref: EX02 Price: $400

This is a complete unused set of extractors, intermediate pipes, flanges and gaskets, the type that exit through the inner guards to suit a small block Chevrolet V8 motor

Item 4 Narrowed Ford 9" Diff assembly and axles. Price: $900

This is a complete drum to drum Ford 9" housing including axles, but excluding a centre. The diff has been shortened to suit a FC body, and saddles have been fitted to allow mounting to stock FE/FC leave springs. The drums are big!

Item 5: Front brakes and stub axles. Price: $550

This consists of a cleaned pair of HQ stub axles, brand new P76 rotors with a kit to fit the HQ stubs, reconditioned HQ calipers and new wheel bearings

The P76 rotors are Ford stud pattern so are an excellent match for a Ford 9" conversion.

Item 6: Floor tunnel. Price $50

This is based on the EK Hydromatic tunnel and is required for most trans conversions from Toyota 5 speed to Turbo-hydromatic. The advantage is that it allows off the sheld EK auto floor coverings to fit your FE/FC.

Please private message me for further information. I'm negotiable on a bulk deal! Prices have been calculated with discount from the current CRS price list.

Regards

Edward
FE_225

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2006, 08:08:23 AM »

Hi Edward
I'll take the floor tunnel.
Send me a PM

Cheers
Tony
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 08:11:38 AM by IhadaV8 » Logged

Worried about fuel economy?....Then buy a push bike!
Fast_Eddie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 09:48:46 PM »

The following items have been sold:

Item 1, X Member

Item 2, Chassis kit

Item 6, Tunnel

Balance are still available, being

Item 3, Chev into FE-EH extractors, $400 neg

Item 4, Narrowed 9" housing and axles $900 firm

Item 5, Front brakes and stubs $550 neg with item 4
(This ensures Ford stud pattern front and rear)

In addition, I forgot to mention that I have a reconditioned Gemini booster and XB Falcon master cylinder set up as supplied by Hoppers Stoppers, unopened in the box! I'll work out a price for this item as it will suit the Item 4 and 5 set up perfectly. All you need to do is make up the brake lines!

Regards

Edward
minifcvan
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 10:25:30 AM »

hi all, item 3 has been sold and on its way to sunny junee. Grin Grin Grin Grin
Fast_Eddie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 08:58:39 PM »

Thanks to everyone who enquired and purchased parts.

Everything has been sold.

Regards

Edward
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: