FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 28, 2024, 11:30:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: subframe needed  (Read 1518 times)
Rob_FE_56

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: May 25, 2006, 07:22:40 AM »

G'day, just wondering if anyone had a repairable subframe out of a wreck/parts car that they were willing to part with. I could use sections out of mine (crash damaged) to repair it.      
I dont really want to chase up another car to wreck out that would be better off left in one piece. I am in Shepparton Vic and would be happy to travel a couple of hours in any direction, or organise freight if need be.
Thanks Rob.
Brad

My FC Van in 1986 and I still have It

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 09:18:27 AM »

Hello Rob
            I think you will find that most  lower sections of the FB EK sub frame is the same as FC, excluding the radiator support frame and inner guards.
          So depending on where yours is damaged it could give you more scope to source parts.
                       Brad.

Id rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labotomy
Rob_FE_56

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 07:17:14 AM »

G'day Brad, unfortunately the left hand side skirt (inner guard) has a fair bit of damage on my subframe, I thought about using an fb-ek one but I thought I'd try to chase up an fe-fc one first as it would save a heap of cutting/shutting to make up the sections I need.
Thanks Rob.
Rob_FE_56

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2006, 09:49:48 PM »

Have sourced a subframe, Thanks all.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: