FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 03:32:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: new engine  (Read 8080 times)
Phantom

View Profile
« on: June 11, 2006, 03:00:22 AM »

G'day all. put in a new donk on Friday, had the old one out and the new one in and running in about 9 hours (and a few beers) it is a 202, blue printed bottom end,yella terra head (xu1 specs) lumpy cam ,350 Holley , extractors , sounds really lumpy and nasty , goes like s#@t off a shanghy . (Next on the to do list is repaint the engine bay)
                             Cheers Rusty

Bogans rule
craiga
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 05:52:53 AM »

Hey Rusty,

There's nothing better than a new engine in your car, the smell, the sound - mate its the best. You'll need to change your name from the 'Phantom', to 'Flash' :-)

I just bought this today

300HP  Shocked Red motor.

Stage 7 149 head with roller rockers on a solid Sig Erson custom cam, solid lifters balanced blueprinted 208, triple 45mm Webers. BEWDIFUL

Its going into my XU1, 1000kg's, 300HP, LSD - lots of fun coming up!!

Cheers,

Craig.

Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2006, 05:55:41 AM »

Now thats one  bad looking boy, hope you get lotsa fun out of it,
                  Cheers Rusty

Bogans rule
nicko
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2006, 07:33:56 AM »

Gday Craig,
did you find a genuine XU1 block or is it just a fast and furious contender for the time being?
cheers Nick Shocked

craiga
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2006, 08:49:22 AM »

Nicko,

The genuine blocks are too rare and EXPENSIVE, thought I would have a play first ;-)

This engine was a bargain, and I couldn't go past it. It cost only a little more than the typical market price for the Webbers. Lucky me.  Cool

Sorry about the thread hijack Rusty. Embarrassed

Cheers,

Craig.

Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2006, 09:11:42 AM »

No worries mate, my donk cost 700 , plus 420 for a brand new holley, and two mates to help(well to show me ) put it in ,oh and a slab
                                   Cheers Rusty

Bogans rule
craiga
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2006, 09:27:35 AM »

Shocked Good value Rusty, gotta love a red motor.

Parts are still plentiful and cheap, much better than those bloody low compression grey things ;-)

Working on cars and drinking beers, great mix.

Cheers,

Craig.

Blown_FC

FC Holdens & Mini Coopers....Cars of the Century

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2006, 03:07:42 AM »

Phantom...great motor !    Sounds very similar to mine (re: specs) except the Carbs.

I'm running a trimatic behind mine, what are you running.

Thought I'd post a pic of my motor aswell ( hope you don't mind )...I find that threads with heaps of pics of the same topic of conversation makes for a great guide for others.

If you can rip a motor out and back in 9 hours, i may have to get you to come over and do mine....I seem to have a leaky rear main seal that just won;t go away.

Cheers

Mark

(Click on this link for my motor pic....if it works )

http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f53/Blown_FC/?action=view¤t=MotorPic1.jpg
Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2006, 06:14:20 AM »

Mark I am running an aussie four speed .I have seen pics of your donk and it looks really tough, also i love the colour of your car mate (what is it) and as for the wheels mate they just suit the FC ,maybe GMH should have fitted those rims as standard?(I have the same dragways by the way so i'm a bit biased) , and as for changing over the donks mate i was just the dogs body, never done one before lucky i have great mates
                                                   Cheers Rusty
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 06:16:06 AM by phantom » Logged

Bogans rule
Blown_FC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2006, 06:49:11 AM »

Cheers Rusty...

Me thinks you might get a bit more go out of your motor with an Aussie 4 speed behind it.    The Highstall takes the initial go out of my acceleration and then the auto slows it down anyway, but I'm yet to give it a real test yet.

Wheel alignment tomorrow will help keep it on the road, and a tune of the carbs may help also.

The colour of my car is a modern colour ( although I said I'd never use a modern colour on an old car )...it's BMW Kashmir Beige over HOLDEN Odyssey blue.

The BMW colour I got from JOCKSTER's car, except he had it over a deep burgundy and the blue can be found everywhere on the current range of Holdens, from Commodores, SS's, Clubsports, Statesmans ect ect.

You are lucky with your mates.

I have a good mate who helps me out, but he lives in Perth ( 3.5 hours away ).  He's the guy doing my interior, so as you can tell, he aint exactly quick in his work, but then again, any help is appreciated when it does happen.

I love the Dragways, in part after seeing a pic of your car when it was Photoshopped by someone here on the forum to show what it would like lowered.

Just suits the car hey !

Cheers

Mark
Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2006, 08:55:21 AM »

Blown she is lowered now , go to my home page and have a look
                Cheers Rusty

Bogans rule
Blown_FC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2006, 09:59:41 PM »

Rusty.....your car just looks better every time I see more pics of it.

The suspension height is smack on !

And those wheels and tyres just fill the guards perfectly.

The front of mine is about the same as yours, but the rear end sits a bit higher at the moment.  I still have to fit the front and rear windows, add in a further 20 litres of fuel, and fit a full interior, and a spare wheel in the back, so a few mroe kilos to go in yet, so whe might settle down nicely.

I didn't want to go down too low at the back, as it's already taking bookings for weddings, and I don't want the Bride getting out of it like she's had her spine jolted 3 inches into her head from hittin any bumps on the road ect...plus I don;t want to have the rear bags rubbing tooo much.

Great pics....she's looking beaut !

Mark

Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2006, 04:05:06 AM »

Thanks for the kind words Mark, but the pics make the old girl look heaps better then she does in the flesh i'm afraid, hopefully the body might be fixed and painted for Mt Gambier, it all comes  down to how much cash i have to spend on her, but at the moment i'm just happy to drive her to work and back every day(with a huge grin on my face )
                                     Cheers Rusty
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 04:06:12 AM by phantom » Logged

Bogans rule
collecta
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2006, 10:19:51 AM »

Thats what its all about eh rusty.......

cheers
Scott

i collect old holdens coz they never die!
craiga
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2006, 09:38:07 AM »

Hey Rusty,

Using your beautiful engine as inspiration I've started preparing my red motor. I know its for a Torana, but you can't help bad (good?) luck ;-)

Engine

Carbies :-D

Also got a VERY lightened flywheel. Looking for 7500 RPM, 300HP.

Will record the noise when its going in a couple of weeks.

Car

Leon, wanna race? Blown FC wagon vs nat aspirated Torana.

Cheers,

Craig.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 08:56:16 PM by craiga » Logged
fccool59

rain sucks     http://www.yout ube.com/watch?v =N1Uj

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2006, 09:40:02 AM »

Hey craig, you better have that race quick becuase once I get this thing on the road you wont stand a chance.

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: