FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:12:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: How about a competition?  (Read 25711 times)
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2002, 12:02:50 AM »

Harko,

Not at all.  Alex's artwork that we use in our magazine Sideplate turns up in lots of other clubs' magazines, without any permission sought or granted.

It would piss me off.

RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Sheriff
qld-club

FEs rule!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2002, 08:49:45 AM »

Thanks Harko. good job.   Though I prefer the original after all.    Grin.   Mike
HARKO
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2002, 11:27:14 AM »

C'mon Craig I thought you'd have this one in the bag mate and Simon you have spent a few hours on the chop shop ,Whats happened ? I keep signing on to see some art evrey day and it seem's to slipping into the expance of FE FC Cyberspace.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2002, 12:03:57 PM by HARKO » Logged
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2002, 11:55:00 PM »

OK, this is the plan.

We will institute a competition, using a single photo which you can download from the site as a starting point.  There might be a prize, but don't count on it.  Expect only the admiration of your peers if you win, and any prize will be a bonus.

There will be an expiry date by which time you must have posted your entry.  I'll figure out some way of keeping the entries sealed until after that date.  Then they'll be made available for all to see and vote on, members' choice.  One vote each, no voting for Guests.

Anyway, I'm a bit busy with real work at the moment, so don't hold your breath.  I'll post more information as the competition gets closer to readiness.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
gree

chopped greens

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2002, 06:07:24 AM »

hey harko, i have been waiting for the official competition to begin! this is going to be fun.

i love alex's van-sled by the way.....  Cool

do you think anyone would mind us using one of craig's pictures from the recent event at eastern creek. there are some good shots of standard cars there to start with...

simon
craiga
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2002, 06:37:13 AM »

Hi Gree,

Go for it!!!!!

From my side those photos are yours and everyones to use as you want. It may be worth checking with the owners of each vehicle though?Huh?

Can't wait to see what everyones imagination produces.

Harko - I'm interstate on business for the next week but when I get back I'll have a go at something new.

Cheers,

Craig.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2002, 07:03:40 AM by craiga » Logged
HARKO
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2002, 12:11:01 PM »

Im about to red light
HARKO
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2002, 09:47:37 AM »

I thought this would be a brilliant idea for the competition  that was mentioned a month or so ago (DIG DIG)
It may or may not interest Norm but as we have all been reading ,He has his sports sedan up and running again ,so I thought it very fitting to propose the competition be based on a race car theme for Norm's car
Easily applied to a drawing with pencil and a great one for expressing your own individuality ie Wheel's ,colour and decal's (stickers ,Tatts)
Keeping this competition light hearted I would suggest that the owner of the car chose a favourite rather than a winner.
I count myself out on this one and hope to see some art even from the kids ,Hopefully craig could donate some colouring in pics for the job and if you feel some other type of art would be interesting go right ahead
Here is a design I have come up with only for if anyone would like to pick idea's from ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Harko

Not forgetting craigs original idea !

Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2002, 11:46:07 AM »

I guess seeing as it was my idea in the first place, I will put up my hand to organise the entries. Also, I know a guy that has been involved in Street Machining for quite sometime I am sure he will oblige with judging.

Can I suggest 2 categories?

1. For the beginners, a line drawing (if Alex allows it, the FC Woodie currently takes pride of place on my desktop)

2. Advanced, a photo or maybe a selection of 2-3.

As for prizes, who wants to offer something?
Maybe a free membership for a year?

HARKO
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2002, 12:10:06 PM »

As car enthusiasts Stinky we are a minority within the community,
As car enthusiasts of two particular models under one company name we are of a minority of the car enthusiast group
As enthusiasts of one body style frome one company with an interest in art - Hey we are the minoroty people talk  under thier breath mate , Its just you and I with not a mention of interest in sight ,Maybe we should let this one die with dignity
HARKO
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2002, 12:14:55 PM »

Hi Richard I was hoping you could get a picture to me of the Red and White FC Wagon that was in this thread but isnt now ,I was just searching for it and its gone ,Thanks mate.
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2002, 12:32:05 PM »

Hey Harko,

As luck would have it, the ad is gone but the picture is still in the cars for sale folder.

I might have a higher res version of it if you want it.

cheers
RET

HARKO
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2003, 11:58:23 AM »

Sorry RET I forgot to thank you mate for grabbing this picture for me ,Cheers. Wink
Just wanted to have a play around with it for a bit ,
bob_hawke

hello

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2005, 09:39:55 AM »

hey i know this is old, just got a bit bored and whipped this up. still experimenting.

I Think Therefore I Am?..... or I Am Therefore I Think?
mc54

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2009, 05:02:32 PM »

I know I'm a couple of years late but sorry, just couldn't resist.

A quick chop and drop with a change to tangerine.

How about a small panel van.

Mike

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: