FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:18:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Pixelbeatin'  (Read 3856 times)
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« on: July 10, 2002, 04:15:27 AM »

Guys,

Here are a few bits and pieces to throw in the mix:

Here's one of my earliest PhotoShop attempts.  Here's a tip: find a photo with an uncomplicated background to use for this sort of stuff.  Mottled brickwork is a definite no-no. Wink

Here's a HQ given the FC treatment.  I wouldn't sully the beautiful lines of the FE with this sort of thing  Tongue

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
brads59

OLD OLDENS=STYLE

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2002, 04:35:32 AM »

Hi there Ret,cool pics.Is there a program for this sort of thing?I would love to know how to be able to do this on my puter,virtual gas axe and so on.Could you tell me how to that would be great.Keep up the good work.
THANX ....Brad.....

1959 Black Std sedan
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2002, 05:05:09 AM »

Brad,

Someone else asked this question as well.  Most of the people who have posted images of this type use Adobe PhotoShop.  There are other tools around that do similar things, but PS is without doubt the premier program of this type.  Which is just as well, given its price-tag Roll Eyes

If you go to somewhere like http://download.com, you will find there are stacks of Image Manipulation tools out there, like Paint Shop Pro, GraphicConverter, CorelDraw and so on.  Even MS Paint that comes with Windows is theoretically capable of this sort of thing, but you'd be really doing it the hard way with that POS.

The other thing worth bearing in mind is that most of these tools have a considerable learning curve.  If you have access to PhotoShop, make sure you get the CD with the tutorial on it as well - it is an excellent primer on what you can do with the software.

Hope that helps,
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: