FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:44:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: "TRUE" Club Spirit  (Read 6289 times)
normd

6 in a row , the way to "GO"

View Profile
« on: March 11, 2006, 12:33:54 PM »

Hi Guyzzz

I haven't been on the site much lately as the "Wheels have Fallen Off"  health-wise in the last 12 months  :-/.

"Why The Post" ? ? ? ?

"minifcvan"   ( Mark ) keeps in touch whenever he's over my way (Young)  and last time he was here he offered to bring a trailer with him at Easter time , pick up the "Yellow Beast"  & myself  and take us "to the ISLAND" . as I haven't been able to drive since last August .
   What make his offer so incredible is that it would be 100 k's North then an extra 100 k's South further for him to travel .   Shocked

THAT  is what I call "TRUE Club Spirit" ..... Cool Cool Cool

If a couple of you guy's could shout him an extra Coldy for being a Top FE/FC enthusiast , it would be great.
    Thanks Mark for showing us what this club is ALL about   Cool  Wink  Grin  Cool

Norm  Smiley

I Love My "FC" 192 . Old but still a "Rev Head"

R.I.P. Norm - A Great Mate to Everyone on the Forum.
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2006, 12:39:02 PM »

Great to hear from you Norm, and yep I gotta agree, there are some top blokes on the forum.

FATBOY
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2006, 08:37:20 PM »

norm im up at young this weekend will drop in give me a call on 0414712441

cheers fatboy
ps im off to minifcvans now to have a look at his cars

fatboy
nicko
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2006, 12:28:27 AM »

Hi Norm
it saddens me greatly to hear your not able to drive your car.
i miss our long chats when up late.
i cant get to the Island but it would be great to see photo's of you enjoying yourself there and also your Historic race car on the Island,its also good to know some people will go out of there way for no profit to themselves,not just in clubs but all over our great brown land
cheers Nick
p.s.
get well soon

FC_Driver
nsw-club

Model: FC

We Love our FC...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2006, 12:53:06 AM »

Hi Norm
Haven,t been to Young for a few months.
Relocated to Bargo for a while.
Will proberly be back to Coota in the near future.
Hope you are feeling better , take care.
Bruce
Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2006, 08:56:41 PM »

Hey Norm, Great to see you posting again, been missing our chats mate . Mark you are not doing just Norm a favour by bringing him and his "beast " to the nats , you are doing all of us a favour so we can meet Norm and his car, great gesture mate ,
                   Cheers Rusty

Bogans rule
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2006, 09:25:57 PM »

So Norm, are you taking up Mark's offer?

If so maybe we could pass the hat around to help out with Mark's petrol/trailer hire bill?

4hammers
tas-club
Guru

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2006, 11:00:47 PM »

Missed this post, but I gotta say it is a great thing to be involved in the car scene, when this kind of thing happens.
I am dark I can't make it to the Nats, & now doubly so, because Norm may be making the pilgrimage. I hope you take him up on his offer, Norm. Mark, if you get him there, I will not only shout you a beer, I will shout you a slab! Have to be by post of course & I may have to get the weight down by emptying a few (Read: Swill a few), but I am sure I can arrange something. A raincheck maybe for when I do get over there.

Anyway, true car scene camaraderie is what it is all about. Great gesture, Mark.

Rob J

p.s. Just saw the post about tossing in for fuel. I will be in it.

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
nicko
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2006, 11:39:49 PM »

happy to toss in a few dollars to help.
Maybe we can have a little bank run by a moderator,even as little as $2 each x 100 members =$200.
we can have a little discussion and work out an amount that will help as im sure towing a tandem trailer will be quite expensive.
cheers Nick
« Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 11:42:01 PM by nicko » Logged

SRVLIVES

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2006, 11:50:54 PM »

happy to toss in a few dollars to help.
Maybe we can have a little bank run by a moderator,even as little as $2 each x 100 members =$200.
we can have a little discussion and work out an amount that will help as im sure towing a tandem trailer will be quite expensive.
cheers Nick

Oh dear, really?

How about not overcomplicating it hey? If you feel like tossing a couple dollars Mark's way, by all means, but let's not create a 'Department of Redundancy Redundancy Department' !

I'm sure mods have better things to do... hey Stinky? Smiley

btw, sorry I won't be there now also, sounds like it will be a great time, would loive to see Norm's car up close... someone take plenty of pics ok.

normd

6 in a row , the way to "GO"

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2006, 02:24:31 AM »

Hi Guyzz
   As much as I would really like to accept marks offer , I'm afraid I had to decline ,  AsI can't be too far away from the Drs .    I am extremelty disappointed not being able to get there as this would be the "IDEAL" place for my car to be .
    I thought it was such a generous gesture of Mark to travell 200 k's out of his way , and though he should "get a pat on the back" ...

Thanks fella's  be in touch
   Norm

I Love My "FC" 192 . Old but still a "Rev Head"

R.I.P. Norm - A Great Mate to Everyone on the Forum.
minifcvan
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2006, 08:02:36 AM »

WELL GUYS IM STARTING TO BLUSH Grin Grin any time norm i wish you were well so you could go.. take care mate
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 08:07:43 AM by minifcvan » Logged
HARKO
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2006, 12:41:37 PM »

Sorry I missed this post also ,Good on ya Mini ,I'll be at Norm's over easter so theres a good reason to feel sorry for him Smiley  ,Shame we couldnt catch up there mini ,make it a raincheck for a few beers at the pub or Norms ,My shout,

Norm I still have the memory of you washing the FC with no energy but a big fat smile on your face Smiley Maybe we can do it again Smiley
Al
nsw-club

I love FC Ute's!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2006, 08:09:25 AM »

Hi Norm,  All the best for you mate and have a great easter.     Cheers Al                       PS when Ben's HR is back together again we'll  have to  take a trip out to Young to show you the car

See ya
Al
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: