FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 11:32:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: The Last Monaro and the last FE & FC  (Read 9001 times)
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2006, 09:47:20 AM »

As far as I know there was no ceremony for either the last FE or FC and whilst I have some very late numbers for bothe models, there is no way of telling whether they are the last one.  They certainly were not FB colours or trims as Brett's car shows - his is a styling exercise from September 1959 and was made along with a short run of other FC's to test FB colours .  All the very last FE's and FC's that I have numbers from look just like all other FE's and FC's.  For instance I have the numbers of an FC registered on the 29th of Dec 1959 and it is obviously very close to the last, it may even be the last, but there is no way of knowing.  I also have the details of an FE which was registered just AFTER the release of the FC which is probably not really surprising as dealers tried to get rid of old stock.
Ken
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2006, 10:58:02 AM »

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked WTF Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

thats a pretty expensive dog kennel cause i cant see it being used for anything else, but i'll bite is there anything special about this apart from looking like it was in the middle of a tin worm feeding frenzy :-/?

Sorry, I should have pointed out is was a "Bathurst" Monaro. I would say people are bidding on the compliance plates more than anything else.

collecta
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2006, 03:20:56 PM »

Correct me if im wrong but wasnt Marilyn a concept convertible monaro never released, not the first as claimed earlier.Was'nt it the VT concept that was never released either.
cheers
Scott

i collect old holdens coz they never die!
Motörhead

D-Generation X

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2006, 02:01:18 PM »

Well, well, well so the auction has FINALLY come to an end for the so-called 'last Monaro' with the winning bid at $187,600.00. Roll Eyes Christ Almighty, with that kind of money one could have scored themselves a true king of the muscle cars, something along the lines of a 1970 Dodge Charger Daytona or Plymouth Roadrunner Superbird (and yes, I mean a 426 Hemi-powered version), 1969 Ford Torino Talledega or a Shelby GT500 Mustang. Or to be patriotic, 2 HK GTS 327-powered Monaros, maybe 1 or 1/2 Phase 3 GTHO Falcons (yuck) Tongue or even better and more humble .... a garage full of restored FE's, FC's (and EH's for good measure). Cool Cool

Hope the (un)lucky final bidder chokes on his purchase if Holden decide to recreate yet ANOTHER Monaro in the near-future. Grin

Pete

The Quiet One
The Cynical One
The Dark One
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2006, 09:56:31 PM »

Hope the (un)lucky final bidder chokes on his purchase if Holden decide to recreate yet ANOTHER Monaro in the near-future. Grin

Pete

Why?  Has it cost you money?  Affected the value of your investments?  There's really no need for the sour grapes.  Don't forget ALL the proceeds of this auction go to charity.

[box]
Stuff is worth what someone will pay for it
[/size][/box]
Whether or not you think it represents value for money is really neither here nor there.

RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: