FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 12:53:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Where are all the girls???  (Read 20336 times)
kustomkitten

nothin but real steel

View Profile
« on: January 13, 2006, 09:49:18 PM »

Was hard at work polishing the grill on my ek the other day and got to thinking that it would be good to have some friends(of the female kind) to converse with about my car.All of my friends think I drive a bomb(slack, I know, but I just tell myself that they are uneducated)So in hope to make some female friends that appreciate classic cars as much as I do, I am posting this. I have posted this on the fb ek forum but its seems there are no girls. Why are cars a guys thing? We need more girl power!!! Smiley

holden girl
craiga
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 10:11:22 PM »

Renee,

You would be suprised at the number of women who attend our club events and take a keen interest in early Holdens. You may have already seen posts from Kath Russell, she is just starting to restore an FC, and its really good to see her having a go - AND enjoying herself.

Generally the women that are involved are the partners of members, but that's not to say that you wouldn't enjoy talking to them about your experiences with your car.

And not one of them will think your car is a 'bomb' ;-)

The situation in the NSW FB EK would surely be similar, as would the Southern Sydney Early Holden Car Club which also caters for your model car.

Good luck with it.

Cheers,

Craig.

krFC

Mum's noisy car

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 11:53:56 PM »

Hi,
 Renee,
  Welcome to the forum, Smiley Smiley
  I will agree with you on that one, not many woman like playing with cars.
I think that if you drive it,  you should be able to pull it apart and fix it youself.
Well my FC is under a car cover at the moment, she needs a lot of work. but Im willing to get dirty to get her on the road.

kath

Hope to chat soon

MUM`S FC
kustomkitten

nothin but real steel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2006, 04:15:45 AM »

Hi Kath,

So good to know there are other women out there who like their cars! Our 3 yr old daughter is learning fast, hopefully she will be a future hot rodder just like her dad and I.

Talk soon,

Renee

holden girl
krFC

Mum's noisy car

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2006, 06:24:31 AM »

Hi
  Renee,
        We not only have the joy of old holdens as I to have a 3 year old daughter, who I have already converted into a car nut, (she loves to go in her dad FC wagon) Grin SCREAMING go faster ,faster daddy as he has a V8 under the hood. We also have  four other kids that range from 15,16,18,21 years of age you can have sum if you like?  teenagers who wonts them.

Will you be attending the drive in tonight.
if so hope to meet you there.

kath

MUM`S FC
kustomkitten

nothin but real steel

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2006, 12:02:08 AM »

Hi Kath,
Hmmm, I'd have to say no on the offer of more kids. I do not plan on having anymore of my own! I work with 29 of them everyday (including my daughter) so it gets a little much.
We did go to the drive in last night, shame we didnt  get to meet. I think you guys were watching the chicken little movie.We watched the other one. My husband said he saw your wagon. Must be nice with the power of a v8. I have an ek with a 307 chev in it. We are still doing the conversion, almost there just a few odds and ends to finish. I try and help my hubby where I can. Im not very mechanical but I do try! Smiley
Good talking to you,

Renee

holden girl
minifcvan
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2006, 03:55:05 AM »

hi renee
  im useing my worse halfs name to write this.
i own a fb holden im the third owner.im a member of the fb/ek site(karens fb) but dont get much of a chance to get on there (3 girls under 5 and my lazy husband) anyway heres a pic of my fb. see ya.... karen          
krFC

Mum's noisy car

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2006, 06:25:46 AM »

Hi,
 Renee,
  Yes we seen a EK last night and I throught that it was yours, from seeing it on the forum does it have white bubble spats on it.
Good luck with the 307 it took us 7 years to get the FC wagon on the road. Finished the conversion after 3 years and then decide to restore whole car, hope that my FC does not take that long or I will be to old to drive it.
Kath

MUM`S FC
kustomkitten

nothin but real steel

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2006, 09:52:18 AM »

Hi Karen,
3 girls under 5!!! AND a lazy husband!!!! Oh my god, you are a brave women. I struggle with 1 girl under 5, and my husband helps me (most of the time) Wink
Your fb looks cool, would have loved one myself but I cant drive manual!!!

Cheers,

Renee Smiley

holden girl
kustomkitten

nothin but real steel

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2006, 10:01:41 AM »

Hi Kath,

Yeah my car has the skirts on now, hubby put em on Saturday arvo. They are yet to get a coat of paint, another job on the long long list. My 307 will probably take ages, it was supposed to be a quick job (IF THERE IS SUCH A THING!!!!!) Life gets the better, not much time for playing with cars.
Good Luck with the fc Grin

Renee

holden girl
krFC

Mum's noisy car

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2006, 12:14:46 PM »

HI
Renee,
    Your car looks great with the skirts on it, I know what you mean about the long list of jobs they are never ending.
Hope to start on my car soon,  when time promits to start to restore. Smiley

kath

Karen ,
 You should have your own user name don`t use your huddys, your car is cool. I was starting to think that I was all alone until Renee posted were are the girls thank god you were so right Renee, we do need more girls.
You have 3 girls under 5, and I started again when my youngest was 12, my hat is off to you karen?
We all do silly thing (kids).
At least our cars don`t talk back.

Kath

MUM`S FC
kustomkitten

nothin but real steel

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2006, 09:43:43 PM »

Hi Kath & Karen,

I took my daughter to QLD to visit my grandparents and while I was away my hubby was hard at work on my ek. He surprised me by painting the spats, putting on white wall flappers and painting the roof and visor white with silver metal flake. I was so excited when I saw it!!!
What a good husband hey? hehe Smiley

Hope to chat with ya's soon,
Renee

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c312/kustomkitten/DSCF2169.jpg

holden girl
craiga
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2006, 09:56:34 PM »

Hi Renee,

Were you at Tug in the Park on Sunday?

I saw an FB very similar and I thought it was yours, looked very cool.

Cheers,

Craig.

kustomkitten

nothin but real steel

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2006, 10:02:27 PM »

Hi Craig,

Yes we were at the Tug on Sunday, what a good day hey? Im pretty happy with my ek Smiley Heres a pic of it at Tug.

Renee

holden girl
craiga
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2006, 10:07:41 PM »

Renee,

Tug in the park was a really good day out. Plenty of top level hot rods and sedans, basically a perfect mix. Add to that the beach 100 yards away, excellent weather, the relaxed no frills atmosphere, and it was about perfect.

I took my FC sedan down but was a bit late and didn't get anywhere near getting a park inside the show - or even outside for that matter!! The only issue this show will suffer is its popularity.

Cheers,

Craig.
kustomkitten

nothin but real steel

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2006, 10:13:58 PM »

You gotta get up early!! We were up at 5am, and got there at 7. Its a show we wait all year for, its the best. Smiley

holden girl
minifcvan
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2006, 10:35:31 PM »

hi renee, love your car .. karen ... Wink Wink Smiley Smiley Smiley
krFC

Mum's noisy car

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2006, 11:54:56 AM »

Hi, Renee

Your car looks hot, your hubby is a good man Wink Wink Wink.

As you will have seen the picture on the side of my post, (YES ITS MY FC ). It needs soooo much work as you can see,

What do they say time is money,
 Or is it money no time,
 TIME IS THE ONLY THING THAT I NEED Sad Sad Sad.

RENEE & KAREN;  Will have to meet one day, maybe take our kids to the park or something start a wife sub branch, I`ll take my husbands FC wagon for the day so I don`t look out of place in my lexcen.
NOT a bad husband he has even insured it so I can drive it, not quiet sure what to make of that one Wink Wink.

Here is a photo of the FC.
I think that we would look good out and about.
Can someone tell me how to reduce the photo size it is bloody huge.

Kath

MUM`S FC
kustomkitten

nothin but real steel

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2006, 11:57:00 AM »

hi Kath,

Would love to meet up with you guys. I agree that we should start up a wives club, get up the boys!!!hehe Grin

Hey dosnt the saying go, whats yours is yours and whats his is yours too! So grab the fc keys kath! I'd drive my hubbys '29 Tudor but I cant drive manual!! Sad

Take care, See ya soon,

Renee

holden girl
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2006, 01:13:22 PM »

Hey Renee.
Is the 29 A cream in colour?
I think you guys live not too far from me.
Regards
Alex

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: