FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 27, 2024, 02:23:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: My newest project  (Read 9149 times)
krFC

Mum's noisy car

View Profile
« on: January 09, 2006, 12:57:24 PM »

Hi, all
Only new to the forum,
I joined today as I have just come upon something that I have waited for a while. a FC SEDAN it was up for grabs so I had a towtruck bring it home and I had not seen it until this morning, my husband looked at it yesterday and thought that it could be restored after a lot of work Roll Eyes.
It arrived at 9.00 and my first thought was o my god !!!! Shocked Shocked , what have I done.

My husband and I then started removing the what we thought was rubbish from the car to find nearly all new parts in it, including a brand new guard p/s, smiths gauges, bonnet and boot lid that are new, the car has a lot of surface rust but otherwise clean as a whistle.
NO rust in the floor or the subframe,sills, rails, basically the only thing that is to be done is have the girl sandblasted and put it in primer and go from there.

So I will be on the lookout for bits and pieces and a lot of advice.

I rebuilt my first car which was a HK stationwagon and have helped my husband Glenn(FCV8) do his wagon now it`s my turn.
So guess who is helping me now?

Kath

MUM`S FC
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 01:00:58 PM »

Sounds like a "once in a lifetime" find.
Good on ya Kath and welcome aboard!
Looking forward to photos and updates.

Cheers

TorqueFC
Guru

Modified?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2006, 01:04:19 PM »

Hey Kath-welcome to the forum. as i was reading i expected that glenn was your husband Smiley

BTW its good to see another female into old holdens.

you should start a topic under realcars, that way you can share the resto with us (as im guessing all of us cant wait to see some pics:) )

anyway, keep up the good work

TorqueFC

[ Edit by RET as req'd ]
« Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 03:27:47 AM by ret » Logged

tests have proven that the final words before a fatal urban car crash are "OH ****"

in a rural car crash they are " Hold my stubby and watch this for skill!"
Motörhead

D-Generation X

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2006, 02:41:33 PM »

Hey Kath-welcome to the forum. as i was reading i expected that you were glenns husband Smiley

Ummm Glenn's 'husband' .... has all this talk in the news about same-sex marriages gotten to you in a subliminal way Darcy? Roll Eyes I don't know how Glenn would react to the realisation he has a 'husband'!! (methinks not too well) Tongue

Anyhow welcome to the forum Kath and enjoy. Hopefully you'll soon have some pics and updates on your new project.

Regards ...... Pete

The Quiet One
The Cynical One
The Dark One
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2006, 11:56:48 PM »

Hey Kath,

Welcome

I've got a spare V8 im sure Glenn wont mind fitting up to the new toy

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
TorqueFC
Guru

Modified?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2006, 12:13:03 AM »

shtit, thats what 2  hours sleep does to you  :-/ can a moderator fix that up please  Roll Eyes Cool
« Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 12:37:53 AM by torquefc » Logged

tests have proven that the final words before a fatal urban car crash are "OH ****"

in a rural car crash they are " Hold my stubby and watch this for skill!"
krFC

Mum's noisy car

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2006, 04:13:25 AM »

Hi, thanks for the welcome.
I think that maybe you are a bit confused darcy to many nights on the computer.
But then again glenn always say`s (that he will make someone a good wife someday.) whenever he helps around the house,  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Ed I`m  not going for a V8, it will be a quiet street car for everyday use, I`ll leave that to glenn.

Not sure what I wont under the hood yet. But glenn wont`s me to chop it and make it a two door convertible.

Thank`s stinky it has been a long time waiting, but they say if you wait long enough good thing`s will happen  Smiley

Sorry guy you will have to wait for the pic`s as we need a new camera cable for the computer but I have some photo`s of the car in her undressed state. Wink
thank`s again for the welcome
Kath

MUM`S FC
FC-V8

Model: FC

Not enough hours in the day

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2006, 06:18:20 AM »

Hi Kath
     Welcome to the forum, Gezz now I am going to have to watch what I say & how often I am on the forum. Not that I am on here very often or that I would say anything bad  Grin Grin.
You don't mind if I use some of the parts off you FC for my wagon do you? HA HA Only joking Grin Grin
Its great that you got another FC to restore but remember the rule if you lose interest in it ITS MINE & I WILL CHOP THE ROOF OFF.
Cheers
Kath's Husband (take note torqueFC)
Glenn

What it to rev ? install a CHEV !
0401-065-201
krFC

Mum's noisy car

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2006, 10:19:13 AM »

Ha,
   Glenn there is no-way, that I am going to lose interest in my new toy, so you will have to keep on dreaming about taking the roof off not going to happen. Cheesy

Got quote today for the sandblasting and primer of  the car, they quoted me $700 to a $1000 I think that it is a good price what do you guy`s think.

Kath
My chopper husband thinks its not a bad price  too.

MUM`S FC
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2006, 10:51:01 AM »

Hey Kath.
Congrats on the new addition.
Now Glenn won't be able to escape to the garage for some peace and quite.  Wink
Look forward to hearing more about the car.
Please keep us updated.......and welcome to the forum.
Regards
Alex

Sarge
Guru

My 57 & Old No 7 all a Man Need's

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2006, 08:53:12 PM »

Kath
      Firstly welcome to the forum, Cheesy its great to hear of a husband and wife who are both into restoring FE/FC or any old car for that. All I get from my wife is YOU SPENT HOW MUCH, or WHAT IS THAT, but she love me.

The price for the sandblast sound's about right, up this way it cost from $600. You will have to hurry up and get that cable for your camera so you can share some pic's with us all.

Cheers
Sarge

Mark Lees Tallerbudgera Queensland
        0421 165 351
Holden Classics; a BREED above the rest
krFC

Mum's noisy car

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2006, 02:34:42 AM »

Hi,
  Sarge thanks for the welcome.
I have always been interested in old cars for as long as I can remember, I love the look of them.
But I must say that the holden is in a class of its own.
I suppose that most woman think that its not lady like  to get grease on there hands, they should try it, it not as bad as they think,and it washes off. (much better than the most expensive hand creams.)
I have been teaching our 3 year daughter thats its ok to play in grease and get as dirty as she likes she already does and loves it.
I wonder how many woman out there go the club run, But I must admit I have not been on many lately as our girl is a (BIG HANDFUL), but will be returning so guys bring your wife with you I will convert them, and you wont get them out from under the bonnet of your cars, or they will just think that I`m mad, as my sister in law did when she arrived and found me covered in dirt and grease the day the FC arrived and asked me what the hell was I doing, she said I should be sitting back and watching as she would be.
My words to her were If ITS MY CAR I SHOULD WORK ON IT, NOT GLENN HE CAN HELP IF I NEED IT?

well thanks again for making me feel welcome.
Sorry if I have board you all
Kath

MUM`S FC
craiga
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2006, 03:02:30 AM »

Kath,

You're boring nobody around these parts!

Its great to see a woman having a go and working on a car of their own, and to know you have access to so many parts on that wagon of your husbands must be a good thing.

I reckon you should be chopping the roof of that, not the other way around :-)

See you at Motorfest.

Cheers,

Craig.
krFC

Mum's noisy car

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2006, 03:21:29 AM »

Craig
          My car came with it's own bits & pieces plus I wouldn't dare rip any parts of the wagon ,he doesn't get angry very often but goes off when he does!!!!
Plus he has already ripped off some things that came with my car. He claims that they won't fit my sedan Sad Sad  The car came with new Smiths gauges and chrome mesh surrounds for the headlights that has seemed to have gone missing into the wagons garage.
Kath
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 06:05:49 AM by krFC » Logged

MUM`S FC
nicko
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2006, 08:02:54 AM »

watch him Kath , go get your stuff back fast,
lol
welcome to the forum ,
I look forward to seeing your car pics.
sounds like a very nice starting point.
cheers Nicko

krFC

Mum's noisy car

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2006, 01:52:15 PM »

Ha,
 Nicko,
  The key I had for the garage has disappeared from my key ring, Huh so there is no hope of getting them back now.
Its not all bad I scored the wagons car cover and a full set of scratch plates. Grin Grin Grin
If I play my cards right I might even get him to make a two car garage so the girl is undercover with the wagon to stay dry and warm at night instead of be in out in the cold.

She will look a lot better when it has been sandblasted there were some kids walking by the front yard and said hey lady has your car been in a fire, because of the amount of surface rust.
I hope that the roof is ok as it has the worst surface rust, but time will tell how bad it is.
Kath

MUM`S FC
minifcvan
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2006, 03:44:53 AM »

hi welcome to the forum.good to see woman getting involved in old holdens.you would probably get on good with my wifey.this is  her pride and joy good luck with the fc. look forward to talking to you on the forum.. cheers mark        
« Last Edit: January 16, 2006, 04:21:23 AM by stinky » Logged
COL58FE

FE225

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2006, 06:07:01 AM »

Hi Kath,
           firstly welcome - i don't know about anyone else but i'am hanging to see some pic's of your new beast,going by Glenn's wagon i'am sure it will end up a very nice looking machine.
p.s. G'day Glenn.
                         Cheer's Col. Wink
krFC

Mum's noisy car

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2006, 06:53:14 AM »

Thanks again for the welcome guys,

Thanks Mark your wife has good taste in colour I like the two tone blue, will have to meet her one day and talk about cars like you guys do.

Col
( Glenn says hello as well )
 I hope that mine will look as good as his but only
    a smaller version                                                  (have not decided on the colour or motor                    yet Huh  

(NOT A V8)  Huh Huh Huh

Kath

MUM`S FC
SRVLIVES

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2006, 07:18:34 AM »

C'mon Kath... would you like to borrow my camera? Wink

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)