FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:09:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Exhaust 'Hotdog'  (Read 22175 times)
nicko
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2005, 01:37:11 PM »

man those wheels are the best
i had a set on my EH about 7 years ago and they were very tough looking with 245T/A's on back and 205's on front.i had never seen any before or since  tonight on your photoshop car.
nothing like owning something no one else has especially when they look as good as your pollished set

TorqueFC
Guru

Modified?

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2005, 01:41:43 PM »

i agree with harko on that, a hot dog on a v8 doesnt really give it 'that' sound, but on a holden 6, its sounds the part........ so.............

SOMEONE GET THIS MAN A HOTDOG

cheers
Torque

tests have proven that the final words before a fatal urban car crash are "OH ****"

in a rural car crash they are " Hold my stubby and watch this for skill!"
-KIWI-

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2005, 06:27:37 PM »

craig a
there is 1 for sale here locally if ewe want it let me know
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Performance/Exhaust/auction-42065216.htm
regards kiwi
craiga
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2005, 08:08:28 PM »

Kiwi,

Thanks heaps for that. The auction finishes next Friday so I'll see if anything pops up locally first before I put you to any trouble.

At least I've now got a photo of the type of thing I'm looking for:-)

Cheers,

Craig.

craiga
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2005, 04:46:40 AM »

Tried to fit my new sports steering wheel today but boss kit is not quite right.

Does anyone have one they want to sell? Don't need a wheel, just the boss kit to suit standard FC column.

Cheers,

Craig.

FB_MAD

I can't think what to write here so this will do.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2005, 05:08:13 AM »

Ken.  I  remember the 3 foot Hotdogs you referred to.They were painted red (most were) and were available in various inlet/outlets and straight or offset outlets and were made by "Can-Am".The picture in previous post shows where the sticker originally was in the middle of the hotdog(since burn't off).I remember buying them locally when I was an apprentice up to at least 1986 or so but havn't sighted any since.
  Some blokes when fitting them would fit them backwards(they also had an exhaust flow sticker on them)and this sometimes gave a different sound than correct flow fitment.I also found that the area of exhaust they were fitted to sometimes sometimes gave a different note  ie:- fitment closer to engine gave a deeper note than fitment to tailpipe which gave a more "unrefined" note......raw so to speak.I had 2x 3 foot hothogs on a 350 HQ Coupe with Genie extractors(no other muffler)and a separate twin system(no exhaust crossover pipe)back around 1987 and the sound was like nothing I've heard before.
  They were easy to fit,light,small compared to a muffler,lasted a long time,gave a good sound and easy on the pocket which is probably why they no longer make them!!!.

Craig. Good to catch up with you on the phone last night and no, I had no idea you were inebriated at the time and no I didn't hear any of those inebriated girls giggleing in the background begging you to come back to them!!!!.
   I'm going to try and find a source for these as well as I'm sure that even though Can-Am no longer make them that somebody would make something similar so will let you know of my reults if any.Some so-called Turbo mufflers are really just a straight through resonator the same as the hotdogs were (even though they look like a muffler)and would probably give a similar sound but are larger in size and don't look like the old hotdogs.

Will keep in touch.

Terry.

Has anybody seen my red pen??
-KIWI-

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2005, 05:17:28 AM »

they are still made new overhere  under the brand name COBY
craiga
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2005, 09:20:29 AM »

Thanks guys, will have a talk to the local exhaust place.

Cheers

Craig.
TorqueFC
Guru

Modified?

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2005, 01:48:48 AM »

when we were going through the back garage yesterday i found that we have one, but its still atached to a v8 system. are you interested?

tests have proven that the final words before a fatal urban car crash are "OH ****"

in a rural car crash they are " Hold my stubby and watch this for skill!"
craiga
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2005, 02:48:30 AM »

Darcy,

Yep, definately.

Could you send me a P.M with what you want for it, and maybe a picture if possible?

Thanks,

Craig.
Jonno

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2006, 11:16:44 PM »

OK...I know I'm WAY too late with this but saw this ad in the latest Oz street rodding issue

Jonno Wink

Cottles Bridge, VIC
fe hotrod

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2006, 12:31:51 AM »

;)i recently took my fc down to my local exhaust shop where they fitted a brand new exhaust with a 10 inch hotdog,and it had a real sweet burble behind the old grey,but when i took it for a RWC the guy said it was too loud and way to much popping when you changed down thru the gears,so i took it back to the same guy where he fitted another one on the rear for the roady and he only charged me $60 fitted for a smaller hot dog it has made it a bit quiter Tongue but i plan on taking the rear one off very soon which i can use on my FE which will be running a twin system with a hot dog on each pipe,should sound kool with a worked grey and a free flowing twin, thru headers!!!!the shop i got my hotdogs from is EXHAUST BROS,in hoppers crossing ph 99746700 i dont know if they will ship them spose u will have to givem a ring!!!!cheers jamie Wink
craiga
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2006, 12:48:47 AM »

Thanks for following this up Jamie/Jonno.

I still haven't fitted one to my car so these contacts are perfect for me.  The 10" one sounds like the one to have :-)

Cheers,

Craig.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: