FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 05, 2024, 05:34:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: club rego  (Read 7457 times)
fe-ute56

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: November 27, 2005, 01:16:30 AM »

i was  wondering how stock your car has to be to gain club rego . i would like to go to phillip island and my ute is almost ready .any info would be welcome .cheers danny Smiley
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2005, 03:28:09 AM »

Depends on the club with whom you wish to gain club rego with.  There is no limit for modifications with the Vic club, but you will be required to produce a current RWC, be a member of the club and take the car to a min of 2 club runs per year.

Ken
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2005, 04:35:41 AM »

Ken, who is the governing body for Vic Club Rego?
There used to be a loose interpretation of the rules here in SA, mags and other reasonable mods were OK.
The "powers-that-be" at the Federation of Historic Motor Vehicles allegedly had a dummy spit at the amount of modified cars on the scheme and tightened the rules.

RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2005, 01:39:29 PM »

Two things:

The RTA stipulate that vehicles on club plates need to be stock, and any modifications need to be "period".  Their rules, not ours.  In assessing a vehicle, we go by contemporary Wheels, Modern Motor, Practical Motorist etc.  Basically, if you can show us that what you've done was a common modification in the first few years following the release of the FE/FC, it'll probably be OK.  That means common mods like headers, twin Strombergs etc are no worries.  Tasman mags might be OK, but not Centrelines (just as an example).  Other things that definitely aren't OK are red motors and disc brake conversions.

The second thing is that nearly every club will stipulate a minimum membership period and attendance before you can apply for "Club Plates".  For eligibility in the NSW Club you'll need to attend 50 points' worth of runs per year, very difficult from the Far South Coast.

You are probably better off to look at clubs that are local to you for your "primary" club, and then list the NSW FE-FC Club as a secondary club on your RTA 1259 Form (assuming you were in fact a member, of course!)  This would allow you to attend FE-FC events with your car, but without needing to meet the other attendance requirements.

Hope that helps,

RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2005, 01:41:46 AM »

In Victoria the AOMC have put test cases through the RTA and Have decreed that the CH plates are on the same basis as SR plates and that means that there is no limit to mods in Victoria.  We have V8 cars on club reg in our club.
We are very strict on enforcing club attendance requirements and will not renew permits without the attendance criteria being met.
Tony Galea is the CH plate co-ordinator.
I like the idea of having a minimum membership period though before becoming eligible for club plates.

Ken
fe-ute56

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2005, 02:39:03 AM »

thanks guys clear as mud   ha ha   its given me a lot to  think about cheers danny Smiley
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2005, 04:44:30 AM »

I like the idea of having a minimum membership period though before becoming eligible for club plates.

Ken

Ken,

I don't know the specifics of the Vic system, but in NSW if the owner of a car on club plates is busted driving it without authorisation, the whole club can be disqualified from the Concessional Rego Scheme.  This is the main reason why clubs up here stipulate some form of minimum period of membership/participation: we need to feel comfortable that any new member will abide by the rules and not "bugger it up for the rest of us", and you can't really do that without enforcing a qualifying period.

There's a Sideplate article about the rules and policy to be found on the NSW site's page about Club Plates, that might be of interest.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2005, 09:18:20 AM »

Richard, exactly - this is what I like about your system and dislike most about ours

Ken
Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2005, 09:52:29 PM »

I am guessing that no SR plate system exists for NSW?

Surely there is a program for modified limited use cars?

Ed

in the shed
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2005, 10:39:56 PM »

Hi Guys.
What you guys need to do, but it could cause club member numbers to drop, is to get together & rally the transport department over there for a better & broadminded plate system like we have down here.

We have what is called the "Special Interest" scheme. These plates are approx one third of the prrice of a full rego. You have a log book, which you fill out the first section BEFORE you leave & then, once you day is complete, you fill out the second section. Including the odometer reading. You have 52 full days of use, have no other restrictions on where, when or who you go with. You are not required to be a club member.

There are 3 classes. The first is for classics. The only requirememnt, is in be over 20 yeears old. It can be modified, stock, whateveer. BUT, it must be fully able to pass the initial inspection.

(I am not 100% sure of these classes)

Second class is for road registerable racers. Cars that caan be driven on the roads for certaain eevents, like Traga, or just a cruise.

The third I am really foggy on, but it was for what they term "Modern Special Interest". I think this is for cars like Ferraris, speciaal built one of cars etc. I can get more info if anyone is interested.

The whole point of this ramble, is that ONE bloke (Who I cannot remember his name), had a gut full oof having to reegisster his car for 12 months on full rego & only be taking it out 20 or 30 times. He hassled & hasssled & ddeveloped a scheme, where he submitted his ideas & got a lot of signatures of people who felt the same way. In the end, he did it. He now owns the first set of "SI" Plates. "SI-0001". We have STACKS of cars sddown here on this system now & you get to ssee so many more of tthe classics on the road. The carss shows are bigger, because, you don't have to wait & see if you club is going to go, so you caan display your car.

The club scene in Hobart is very restricted. Lots of small clubs, with months where there are no club sanctioned runs or events. The FE to HR Club down here, has 3 club sanctioned runs in the next 6 months. 2 of them are on the same day!?.  So in the next 6 months, you would only be able to take your car on 2 runs! There was a great car showw this weekend just gone, but the club decided not to go, as it might rain or be windy..........True! No wonder the club is up s**t creek.

If anyone needs more info, I caan go into transporrt & get the paapers/rules & scan tthem off. I can then send it on to whoever need it.

Rob J

p.s. Please excuse the double letters throughout this post. My boy spilt cordial on the keyboard & certain letters seeem to be sticking. Down in the a & s area.

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
Guru

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2005, 11:56:22 PM »

Down in the a & s area.

Sounds nasty Rob  Grin

But in all seriousness, it sounds like Historic Rego was quite similar in SA to the Tassie system. Interpretation of the rules was left to the inspector and generally era specific and factory available mods were allowed. For whatever reason the bods at Federation of Historic Motor Vehicles (the governing body as I understand) decided that they didn't want this. Maybe too many people were out having fun in their slightly modified cars?

To get my FC Wagon on Historic Rego, I will need to lose
- the EK wheels as they have been widened about 1inch
- The alloy rocker cover, as it is not standard
- the extractors (as above)
- possibly the remote brake booster
- hide the front speakers, CD player is OK if hidden or under the dash.

The Street Machine Assoc out here has been partially involved with a Special Interest Rego scheme for modified cars. There have been two questionnaires sent out to members over the last few years, but nothing has come of it yet.

The Street Machine Assoc. deals with "hit-n-run" members by slugging them more for the initial Historic Rego inspections, whereas people who have been members for a few years pay a lot less. They figure that people are going to do it anyway, so they may as well make a buck!

4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2005, 02:50:16 AM »

Hi Stinky.
Hmmmm, I could have worded that "A & S" thing a little better! Shocked

We do still have the Historic rego (In Tassie we call it the VC or Vintage Car rego) scheme. It is VERY restrictive. No mods, ONLY allowed to take car out on club sanctioned runs, must have a signed letter to state this, caan take it to servo for repaairs or re-fuel, but need OK from VC delegate.
That is why we had to change. This guy had a really subtle rod & could not put it on that scheme without maajor hassles, all for a few runs a year.
You get the oldies in their stock standard 20's 30's & 40's cars using that scheme, that a run every couple of months is OK. They are happy with that.

There is a club down here, that is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO strict about mods, that a maate in a bog-stock  original EK, got knocked back from going on a run with them, because he was running radials! No kidding! That club is also wondering why no one is joining anymore & the youngest member is about 55yo.

With the SI plates, the numbeer of cars making it to caar shows has at least tripled. I have seen cars at the last 3 car shows, that I have never seen before. I mean not just one or 2, but dozens! It is great.

Rob J

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2005, 02:01:51 AM »

Rob,

It sounds good in theory, but won't (unfortunately) happen.  Here's another page from the most recent Sideplate that has an op-ed I wrote on the topic.

Unfortunately, the Street Machine Association here in NSW seem much more interested in fund-raising than championing the cause of car modifiers at a government level.  Certainly, during the two years we were affiliated with them, the only correspondence we ever received were bills and books of raffle tickets.

And the CMC's charter is restored and original - they only modified they are really interested in are race-cars.  Which leaves the guys with modified street cars out in the cold.  And as you can see in the article, the honchos at the RTA aren't real keen on changing the status quo.

There is clearly a place for a "Limited Use" scheme (as opposed to Historic), in the largest state, population-wise.  But the RTA - who recently started charging an annual fee on personalised plates of $110/year!!! (ie "FC-1958", a standard style plate, not "KUSTOM" etc) - aren't going to pass up the annual rego fees to allow people to pay less.  That much is obvious.

cheers
RET

Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2009, 10:16:14 AM »

back to revisit club rego...

for the NSW club rego scheme,
 With the regard to modifications, would a set of aftermarket (but not period) extractors be permitted? 
Can a resto in progress be permitted in the club plates scheme IE, patches of primer from time to time, while body repairs are performed?

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2009, 11:20:46 AM »

mmmm curious questions...... have you bought a car Ed? 

NosFEratu
Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2009, 11:31:22 AM »

I’m looking at one, planets are aligning, got a good gut feeling and the bug has bitten again.  Will know definitely next week.

in the shed
ratbox

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2009, 02:47:27 PM »

There is clearly a place for a "Limited Use" scheme (as opposed to Historic), in the largest state, population-wise.  But the RTA - who recently started charging an annual fee on personalised plates of $110/year!!! (ie "FC-1958", a standard style plate, not "KUSTOM" etc) - aren't going to pass up the annual rego fees to allow people to pay less.  That much is obvious.

cheers
RET

that tassie scheme sounds great, i think i've read somewhere SA now has something the same
i quoted RET as that's exactly what i was thinking NSW RTA is all about the money they don't give a flying f#%k about the people Grin
Guru

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2009, 04:12:28 PM »

i think i've read somewhere SA now has something the same
Not yet, the "negotiations" continue as they have done for many years  Roll Eyes

RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2009, 06:13:53 PM »

back to revisit club rego...

for the NSW club rego scheme,
 With the regard to modifications, would a set of aftermarket (but not period) extractors be permitted? 
Can a resto in progress be permitted in the club plates scheme IE, patches of primer from time to time, while body repairs are performed?

Cheers

Ed

Ed,

Extractors are a classic example of a permitted "period modification". Extractors is extractors. While they're not as consumable as tyres or brakes, they do wear out. Even the most stock stockies rarely have the original welded exhaust system today. I don't see extractors as being any different.

Of course, I'm not the Registrar, but that would be my opinion.

As far as rolling resto is concerned, you still need to get a pink slip and satisfy the authorities that the car is roadworthy. If the unfinished state of the car would get it defected if it was under full rego, the same rules would apply under conditional rego. But there isn't a fashion police element. In fact patina is to be celebrated Grin

cheers
RET

Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2009, 07:44:04 AM »

RET,

Thanks for the clarification sounds fair enough to me.

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: